Sky TV
Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:43 pm
Posted by Bostwick on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:43 pm
Bostwick Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

I am really getting fed up with Sky showing Wigan almost every week. Leeds figure too often for me too.
We are considering cancelling our Sky Sports subscription. We are starting to lose interest and rarely watch the games to the end. It is only the NRL games that I would miss.
There is no hope of any Championship games being shown other than Summer Bash and I go to that. Will have to see.
Re: Sky TV
Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,258

Bostwick wrote:
I am really getting fed up with Sky showing Wigan almost every week. Leeds figure too often for me too.
We are considering cancelling our Sky Sports subscription. We are starting to lose interest and rarely watch the games to the end. It is only the NRL games that I would miss.
There is no hope of any Championship games being shown other than Summer Bash and I go to that. Will have to see.

I was given a smart TV last year by an energy supplier in exchange for my power, gas and internet on a 2 year contract. As I have "fibre" for the internet, it is lightening fast, so I immediately binned SKY TV and now watch all my Sport online. I am not condoning breaking the law, but there is a program you can download to an android phone or Tablet called MOBDRO which essentially scans the globe for feeds of TV stations...currently watching wigan at Huddersfield. As I have said, not sure of the actual validity/legality of such apps, but if it stops me giving that toad murdoch another cent then it's worth it.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am
Posted by Bostwick on Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:00 am
Bostwick Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,258

Yes CMG, I am looking into that.
Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 am
Posted by wantawin on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 am
wantawin Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Call Me God wrote:
I was given a smart TV last year by an energy supplier in exchange for my power, gas and internet on a 2 year contract. As I have "fibre" for the internet, it is lightening fast, so I immediately binned SKY TV and now watch all my Sport online. I am not condoning breaking the law, but there is a program you can download to an android phone or Tablet called MOBDRO which essentially scans the globe for feeds of TV stations...currently watching wigan at Huddersfield. As I have said, not sure of the actual validity/legality of such apps, but if it stops me giving that toad murdoch another cent then it's worth it.

Problem is the UK Government are pretty hot on illegal feeds, if your are caught using kodi you get fined. I brought a box from the market which cost £120-00 you could get all of the worlds sports channels but could not record them. It stopped working after 9 months and the seller had diapered from the market.