WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Will Lovell

Board index Championship London Broncos Will Lovell

Re: Will Lovell
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 am
Posted by PC Plum on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 am
PC Plum User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 1089
Location: Balamoray
Clubb was neither here no there. He wasn't a centre as long as I have a hole, and he wasn't a prop; the fact he got an England cap shows the dirth of talent in the game. For Wigan, he is our equivalent to Offerdahl last year.
Re: Will Lovell
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 989
northernbloke wrote:
LU2 the above post is classic example of why some folk don’t bother

northernbloke wrote:
Dog, notice you only picked out the negative responses, you didn’t bother with the positive ones, nothing like balancing your arguement. What you have listed was 4 folk who think this is a terrible signing, but you missed out the 3 that suggested he could do a reasonable job.

YET FOLK DON'T BOTHER EH :lol: This thread has had more visitors and posters than any other on this board for a long time.......and it's not just you me and WQ contributing.

northernbloke wrote:
Why? Isn’t this a forum, is it not about discussions? The obvious is I didn’t state on Clubb maybe he was too good for us!

......not to you it isn't. It's about getting defensive when anyone dares question the clubs actions. In this case, Will Lovell has been and probably still is a lower than average player and not of the standard that as a full time professional club, those poor few who post here believe is acceptable.

I see Leigh and Toronto running away with the comp this year and if Toulouse flatter to deceive again, then those 2 teams will be joining a 14 side SL in 2019.......and if the RFL are still convinced that the 8's is the way to go, then the top 8 in SL will have super 8's and the bottom 6 + 2 aspiring clubs will be in the middle 8's with the MPG retained.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: Will Lovell
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm
northernbloke Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 881
So dog, what you are trying to say is anyone can post anything on here as long as it’s to your approval!? Interesting concept from someone who complained about being censured.
Are you suggesting people are not permitted to take a positive view of things?
Re: Will Lovell
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:35 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 989
northernbloke wrote:
So dog, what you are trying to say is anyone can post anything on here as long as it’s to your approval!? Interesting concept from someone who complained about being censured.
Are you suggesting people are not permitted to take a positive view of things?

No I am not saying that at all......

You are entitled to your borderline psychotic optimism as much as anyone else is allowed to express their opinion regarding the clubs signings for the coming season.

As for censorship, I am not alone in thinking that the "purge" a few years back is responsible for the reduction in activity on this particular forum as there are many of the hardcore fans who used to post here who still attend games, but even when the main perpetrator of the supposed "ruining" of the board was banned for dodging the swear filter (I kid you not) http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=578104&p=18025474#p18025474, they still didn't post with the regularity...the forum just became a clique for the devoted few who like you can't see the point of telling the driver he's heading the wrong way down a one way street.....and unlike those in that clique, I don't feel the need to run to Moderators to whine when someone posts something that I don't agree with.....I just generally engage in forum debate and revert to facts, figures and statistics to back up my stance, not opinion and outfight resignation to our fate with a shrug of the shoulders and a "what can we do abut it"
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: Will Lovell
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm
northernbloke Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 881
So I ask Again, what can you or me actually do about it? You either walk through the turnstile “yes they have one “ or you don’t.
So quote as many facts and figures as you want, it changes nothing.
There was no purge, one poster got kicked off for continually swearing directly or dodging, and quite rightly.
Re: Will Lovell
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 989
northernbloke wrote:
There was no purge, one poster got kicked off for continually swearing directly or dodging, and quite rightly.


Wrong. Other now retired moderators have told me exactly why that poster was banned and it was a shoot on sight policy dictated by 2 main players. No warnings were ever given, it was simply the number of whining PM's that were being sent because of the nature of that posters writings and a couple of maps that highlighted that RL in the UK was a localised hobby. Here's an instance from that thread that didn't result in a ban for that poster.....
The Avenger wrote:
Ha ha ha ha I can't believe you wheeled that $hiyte out again.

THREAD http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=577902

Feel free to search the 21,000 posts of the banned member and find, other than the one that elicited the ban, the "continuous" swearing....and when you do, I'll show you multiple instances of the same offences since that have gone unpunished.
http://forums.rlfans.com/search.php?author_id=6679&sr=posts
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: Will Lovell
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:35 pm
northernbloke Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 881
Of course there was no warning, think the "playing nicely " thread started in Oct 15 and ran for quite a few months. Looked liked lots of warnings
Re: Will Lovell
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:01 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 989
northernbloke wrote:
Of course there was no warning, think the "playing nicely " thread started in Oct 15 and ran for quite a few months. Looked liked lots of warnings


Ban imposed Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:02 am.

Playing Nicely started Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:14 am......Some 8 months later, so no, no warnings.

Last I'll say o the matter because as usual you are incapable of dealing with facts and admitting you are wrong....in this case 8 months wrong!

Will Lovell: The Bloke will do a job for us if called upon, but the reality is that one or two injuries in the early part of the Season and I see us struggling, especially against big packs. We need an active spine to move opponents packs around the park.....lose a 6/7 or 9 and then we're playing one up againts bigger heavier guys and we will continue to lose the tackle.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: Will Lovell
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 pm
northernbloke Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 881
Now as for dealing with facts, as there were no facts actually stated, you mentioned a purge but didn't put any actual dates on yr supposed purge so no facts to deal with. I was talking about the posters that got banned after the playing nice post, you are obviously talking about another time. As you were very vague which ban you were talking about facts can't come into the mix really can it?
Any team will likely struggle with one or two injuries in key positions, think Leigh have already shown that and season not started yet, so Broncos are no different. With a good run with no injuries we will cause big packs problems with better fitness, so it's down to squad staying fit which sometimes fall to good of bad luck.
Re: Will Lovell
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 76,805

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 989
northernbloke wrote:
Now as for dealing with facts, as there were no facts actually stated, you mentioned a purge but didn't put any actual dates on yr supposed purge so no facts to deal with. I was talking about the posters that got banned after the playing nice post, you are obviously talking about another time. As you were very vague which ban you were talking about facts can't come into the mix really can it?
Any team will likely struggle with one or two injuries in key positions, think Leigh have already shown that and season not started yet, so Broncos are no different. With a good run with no injuries we will cause big packs problems with better fitness, so it's down to squad staying fit which sometimes fall to good of bad luck.

Michael....you wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the 'arris. A few posts back you referred to the poster banned for continuous swearing, then you claimed there were warnings and now when shown that said poster was banned 8 months before any such warnings you claim "no facts"...even though time stamps clearly show you as being wrong.
It's you and your Ilk that voted for Trump, Brexit and a brave new world where access to the internet is considered an equal to reasoned debate and education......you're either a plain antagonist or an oaf or a mixture of both.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to London Broncos


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,719,55893876,8054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 07:10
NRL
ST GEORGE
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
TODAY 10:00
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
NZ WARRIORS
Sat 28th Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 6th May 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
LEIGH
Sun 20th May 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 27th May 13:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TOULOUSE
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sat 9th Jun 20:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 17th Jun 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 24th Jun 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 1st Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sat 7th Jul 17:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TOULOUSE
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 15th Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 22nd Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
FEATHERSTONE
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 29th Jul 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






27