WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Matt Davies
Re: Matt Davies
Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 386
northernbloke wrote:
Everything is DH fault yep we get it! Nowt any of us can do about it.

....don't be so sure.
Re: Matt Davies
Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:35 pm
northernbloke Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 468
You come into some money then
Re: Matt Davies
Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 386
northernbloke wrote:
You come into some money then

Not at all.....and If I did it would't be put into the 'sink hole" that the current club is!

There are interested parties from 2 sources that I know of....but the sticking points are:
a/ Purchase with no debt...walk away Mr Hughes and even I will chip in for your leaving gift!
b/ Licencing to return with the conduit that any "new" club would run academy and under age sides.
c/ 25%+ allowance for the cap and no requirement for federation trained players, with this restriction added after 3 years and a reduction in overseas players agreed on year on year.
d/ The RFL to actively support (no mention of finance) the expansion into the London area with administrative and office based team(s)

The game can't have its cake and eat it......if it wants proper expansion then the RFL need to step up to the plate. Toronto is great but actually adds little at present and it is highly unlikely that the Canadians or Yanks will be competitive by 2025 and extremely likely that we will see RLWC games played in empty arenas....but London will deliver 50k for games in a heartbeat if done properly.
Re: Matt Davies
Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 pm
northernbloke Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 468
So as I said nowt any f US can do about it!
You do send out an interesting message though, so even if you had the money you would not spend it on the club as in yr view it's a sink hole! Yet you criticise the bloke that does.
As for what you suggest is the stumbling block item c are you suggesting that for every club, or you saying we should have preferential treatment
Re: Matt Davies
Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 am
Posted by Call Me God on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 am
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 386
northernbloke wrote:
So as I said nowt any f US can do about it!
You do send out an interesting message though, so even if you had the money you would not spend it on the club as in yr view it's a sink hole! Yet you criticise the bloke that does.
As for what you suggest is the stumbling block item c are you suggesting that for every club, or you saying we should have preferential treatment

1. It is a sink hole because he made it one......I wouldn't put a cent into the current club in the current ground and the current division...which point ot my comment about franchising being key.
2. Hughes wanted out in 2013 but wanted money from the "new owner" if one could be found and that is what killed the Broncos as a viable entity.
3. Yes...preferential treatment for London and not the north......or are you too a believer that Tongas recent RLWC glory is down to hard work in Tonga and not just more Kiwis playing but under a flag of convenience?
Tongan domestic RL is poorer than Cornwalls and will receive little if any benefit from the 14 Kiwis and 3 Aussies who made up the majority of their 19..........if you just expect people to take up the game it doesn't work........so yes, expansion teams need to be able to sign foreigners......how would the wolfpack have fared in 2017 with only Canadians?
Re: Matt Davies
Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 pm
Posted by northernbloke on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 pm
northernbloke Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 468
1 but would not any new owner be feeding the sink hole
2. Why should he give it away.
3. We have already had a period where we had preferential treatment, the majority of northern fans still think we do. We have been around for 30 plus years, how can london be classed as an expansion team? Wolfpack, don't know maybe they should have tried it.
What has tonga got to do with anything?
Re: Matt Davies
Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 386
northernbloke wrote:
1 but would not any new owner be feeding the sink hole
..Yep, but any new owner with the level of wealth required would most likely have a plan and a strategy......not just write cheque after cheque and expect that to work!
northernbloke wrote:
2. Why should he give it away.
Because he's sick of losing money apparently.......but will continue to do so until someone gives him something back :CRAZY: If he's given us away at the end of 2013, he'd be about 8 million quid better off by now!
northernbloke wrote:
3. We have already had a period where we had preferential treatment, the majority of northern fans still think we do. We have been around for 30 plus years, how can london be classed as an expansion team?
Because we are an expansion side, as are the Melbourne Storm and NZ Warriors in the NRL.....as for preferential treatment, let the northerners whine....to have any credence as a sport in the U it's key to having a capital presence!
northernbloke wrote:
Wolfpack, don't know maybe they should have tried it.
If they'd fielded canadians across the board they'd be in Ch1 and their backer would have run for the hills by now....
northernbloke wrote:
What has tonga got to do with anything?
...because Tonga would now be classed as a "go to place" for expansion, but the reality is that Tongan born players made up 8% of that Squad.....again showing that to expand the game, you need to permit players coming from anywhere for it to be successful......Look at the Storm.Without their Queensland Spine they'd have never won a thing.....without cheating their way to titles they may well have failed, but Victorians are a funny bunch......once the Storm were "outed" as cheats, interest in the club went up......
London, like Tonga internationally and the Storm in the NRL need to be allowed to field players from anywhere in their first team JUST AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO DEVELOP KIDS THROUGH THE AGE GROUPS AND ACADEMY.......


....but it doesn't matter, because Hughes will flush another couple of million this year whilst hanging out for someone to pay him money for a club with 0 assets and 300 season ticket holders :CRAZY:
Re: Matt Davies
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am
Posted by northernbloke on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:26 am
northernbloke Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:05 pm
Posts: 468
Ok dog at least try and come up with a logical argument.
You yourself have said if you had the money you would not pump it into a sink hole, bit I thought you had all the answers!
You say he is sick of losing money therefore that's why he should give it away, but on the other hand you have said he will not give it away he wants something for it, make yr mind up, it can't be both.
To have credence as a sport we need a rep team in the capital! But if you give that team in the capital an advantage over every other team you lose any credibility.
Toronto play in the English league so they abide by the rules of that league, same as Catalan next thing you will suggest is Leeds should only field yorkshiremen.
So Tonga by yr logic bin wales scotland Ireland USA Lebanon Samoa
Re: Matt Davies
Post Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 am
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 am
Call Me God User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 10th / 76,369

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 am
Posts: 386
northernbloke wrote:
Ok dog ,snip., but I thought you had all the answers!

When did I ever claim that?
All I have ever said is the answer isn't David Hughes!

I did have plenty of ideas on how to get bigger crowds and more media attention, but....well we al know what road the club took.

As for binning Wales, Scotland, Samoa, Lebanon and the USA...bin them away......18% of their squads were local born the rest come from the 2 countries where the Pro divisions exists.....bin Wales Rugby League and see if anyone notices! There's not 1 club in Scotland.....would anyone care? Ireland? Lebanon where it's a university sport...Samoa who have a shambolic domestic comp......Jesus, even the NRL with its Billions are losing cash.......all because there are few people like Perez involved and plenty of Hughes and Woods...
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to London Broncos





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,668,6721,63276,3694,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 11th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 18th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 25th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
TORONTO
Sun 4th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEFFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 11th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Sun 25th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SWINTON LIONS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Fri 30th Mar 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
TOULOUSE
Mon 2nd Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 8th Apr 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
HALIFAX
v
LONDON BRONCOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM