WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Friday night
Re: Friday night
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Posted by Rob from Erith on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:02 pm
Rob from Erith User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

mickyb1234 wrote:
I think early evening Saturday would reap rewards. But hey if they changed it to that someone would complain. I think as much as possible pick a day and try to stick to it. Only problem with Saturdays at our current home could be clashes with ealing. I presume uts normally sat that the rah rah boys play

But their season must be ending soon surely?
Or is every Summer Saturday booked for weddings at Trailfinders?
Well f**k my hat, I didn't know that!

Come all without, come all within, we're London Broncos not the H********s!
Post Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 pm
Posted by mickyb1234 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:05 pm
mickyb1234 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Rob, quite possibly! Not disagreeing with you, game day and time has been discussed loads, fact us what ever say or time they go for someone is gonna be unhappy.
For me picking a day and time and sticking with it through the season is the important thing and there are pluses and negatives for them all.
Fri night! Forget about any away fans.
Sat might work for lots of hone fans, but how would away fans react to a game in London that finishes at say 7pm though? Or is getting home from London 11pm or midnight on a sat better than 9 or 10 pm on a sunday
Sunday? Actually we have had reasonable crowd so far.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am
Posted by itsmeagain on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am
itsmeagain Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I'm not sure I agree with Mickyb1234 I understand what he is saying and a set day means you can plan. However if we did have some Saturday evenings it might mean those people who come along on the Sunday will still come along plus people who work Sundays may be able to get along on a Saturday night. Some cant come because they work every Sunday or have family commitments. Some wouldn't be able to come on Friday because they work Friday night same goes for Saturday during the day but maybe a try at a Saturday evening would be no bad thing. We live in a 24 hour 7 days a week world and a flexible approach may be right. It may bring the able to be flexible no matter what day we play fan in and this could be topped up with fans who can only come Friday or Saturday evening. Surely in today's world it could be arranged that we play away when there is a ru game on and vice versa. 6pm kick off is not going to stop the young blood or Mr and Mrs having a Saturday night out it's still early when the game finishes and everyone who wants to be can be out of the ground and on their way for a night out by 8pm.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:11 am
Posted by Bostwick on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:11 am
Bostwick Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

As I understand it, the reason Championship games are played on Sunday is due to the Semi Pro teams.
Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 am
Posted by Rob from Erith on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:02 am
Rob from Erith User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

mickyb1234 wrote:
Rob, quite possibly! Not disagreeing with you, game day and time has been discussed loads, fact us what ever say or time they go for someone is gonna be unhappy.
For me picking a day and time and sticking with it through the season is the important thing and there are pluses and negatives for them all.
Fri night! Forget about any away fans.
Sat might work for lots of hone fans, but how would away fans react to a game in London that finishes at say 7pm though? Or is getting home from London 11pm or midnight on a sat better than 9 or 10 pm on a sunday
Sunday? Actually we have had reasonable crowd so far.

I know, game day and time has been done to death. And as tenants we'll always have to fit around the landlord's business be that football , union or weddings!
Will be interesting to see what size crowds we pull in for the rest of the regular season - we've had our two biggest away turn outs already I reckon.
I think a fair few from Fev came down but I don't recall too many other teams bringing more than a few car loads down last season, Leigh excepted. That said I didn't get to more than about 5 or 6 games last season so I'm happy to be corrected.
Time for the club to get promoting, rebuild the home support.
Well f**k my hat, I didn't know that!

Come all without, come all within, we're London Broncos not the H********s!
Post Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 pm
Posted by mickyb1234 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:24 pm
mickyb1234 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I agree that we have provably had our two biggest crowds this season and will struggle to get anywhere near until we hit the 8s.
Although like I say I was surprised at the number there last Fri night! Maybe that is the way ahead. The rest of our opponents this season struggle enough to get that many for home games so not sure how many will travel. If the choice of the expensive away game is ealing or toulouse am sure more will opt for s france.
Previous