WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Litter
Litter
Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 pm
Posted by tromso on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:53 pm
tromso User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

If I lived in Castleford, I'd be ashamed of the town. The amount of rubbish on the pavements between the carpark I used and the ground, and in the woodland adjoining the River Aire was awful, and the state of the terraces after the match was disgusting. As I've said on another thread, I've recently returned from Norway, and the contrast is stark. We need a change of culture in this country.
Re: Litter
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 am
Posted by snowie on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 232

tromso wrote:
If I lived in Castleford, I'd be ashamed of the town. The amount of rubbish on the pavements between the carpark I used and the ground, and in the woodland adjoining the River Aire was awful, and the state of the terraces after the match was disgusting. As I've said on another thread, I've recently returned from Norway, and the contrast is stark. We need a change of culture in this country.
your right the country has couldn't care less attitude I detest,
I'm regularly picking up bottles in my local park while taking the dogs for a walk and as for the state of the terraces its no different in the wakey ground as bins aren't allowed believe it or not due to terrorist threats and just get thrown on the floor

might not look as bad in your ground due to being all seater and most of it is under them
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:04 am
Posted by GIANTSRL on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:04 am
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

dump of a ground, how they have a sl license like wakefield is beyond me

good luck if you needed a number 2 in the toilet with no door on it...
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 am
Posted by gazzagiant on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 am
gazzagiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Very unfair to label this a Castleford problem, it's a national issue and is symptomatic of the fall in standards in this country. After the Wigan game we cut through hillouse and there was masses of litter dumped by the roadside.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm
Posted by wakeyrule on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm
wakeyrule User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

They've just redone Marsh Way roundabout in Wakey and installed artificial grass on the verge leading up to it on Doncaster road. Within days there was a strip of litter lining the verge where drivers waiting at the lights just tossed their rubbish out. Society is becoming more selfish, all it needs is for people to be a bit more self controlled and tolerant. Obviously some **expletive** like Giantsrl may find this difficult, we should offer those people the guidance they so desparately need.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm
Posted by chissitt on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

GIANTSRL wrote:
dump of a ground, how they have a sl license like wakefield is beyond me

good luck if you needed a number 2 in the toilet with no door on it...

Your the only one full of kryptonite at shudds brearley, lets hope you don't get caught out, another class post of yours once again.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm
Posted by jools on Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Was at meadow hall yesterday. Popped to the loo and the downstairs ones by the oasis were closed - followed the signs for the replacement loos- was surprised to see the signs take us outside- the replacement was a portacabin! was even more presently surprised to see that the replacements although actually in a portacabin were nicer than many pub loos. In fact it was impossible to tell you were in a portacabin- so it is possible to provide decent facilities in those circumstances-
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm
Posted by chissitt on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:37 pm
chissitt Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

jools wrote:
Was at meadow hall yesterday. Popped to the loo and the downstairs ones by the oasis were closed - followed the signs for the replacement loos- was surprised to see the signs take us outside- the replacement was a portacabin! was even more presently surprised to see that the replacements although actually in a portacabin were nicer than many pub loos. In fact it was impossible to tell you were in a portacabin- so it is possible to provide decent facilities in those circumstances-

At Wakey at either end of the western terrace there are two relatively new toilet blocks, both of these are spotless and in good order with the appropriate essentials provided, unfortunately by the end of the game these facilities are in a poor state neglected by the fans, is this the fault of our club, or some of the sub human away fans that leave them in such a state.
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 pm
Posted by jools on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:12 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

chissitt wrote:
At Wakey at either end of the western terrace there are two relatively new toilet blocks, both of these are spotless and in good order with the appropriate essentials provided, unfortunately by the end of the game these facilities are in a poor state neglected by the fans, is this the fault of our club, or some of the sub human away fans that leave them in such a state.

If they are the ones at either end the stand Probably the home fans since We use the middle ones. Going by the state of the area around the ground - as well as the earlier post then it sounds like Wakefield residents are the subhuman ones.
After all one taxi load can’t be to blame for all that..... :roll:
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 pm
Posted by GIANTSRL on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:33 pm
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,258

chissitt wrote:

wakefield shouldnt even have a sl license with that ground

but get away with it just bringing out a new drawing of a new proposed stadium every year :roll:
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Next