Posted by GIANTSRL on Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:38 am
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

but what if we have a dreadful start!?

got to keep the progress going first before handing a new deal out but so far so good
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Re: Chief Exec
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 pm
Posted by GIANT DAZ on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:30 pm
GIANT DAZ Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,307

brearley84 wrote:
good luck with that one!

will get the old should have been there

If an individual has requested that what's said is kept in house then that's their choice and the HGSA will respect that.
On this occasion the CEO did not ask that and didn't say anything too controversial.

But again, these meetings are arranged by the HGSA for their members as part of them paying for a membership.
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:58 pm
Posted by hxgiant on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:58 pm
hxgiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I thought you gave us a very fair summary of what was said I chose not to attend as I have no respect for the individual or the way the club is run and managed off the field. That said I’ve always maintained Ken Davy covers the losses and he has the right to appoint his own staff. He must think things are being well run or he would make changes I would say the evidence is rather different ,but my investment is only a season ticket!
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
Posted by jools on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

GIANT DAZ wrote:
If an individual has requested that what's said is kept in house then that's their choice and the HGSA will respect that.
On this occasion the CEO did not ask that and didn't say anything too controversial.

But again, these meetings are arranged by the HGSA for their members as part of them paying for a membership.

many HGSA members who pay for a membership can’t attend meetings due to other Commitments they aren’t privy to what’s said either!
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm
Posted by GIANT DAZ on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

hxgiant wrote:
I thought you gave us a very fair summary of what was said I chose not to attend as I have no respect for the individual or the way the club is run and managed off the field. That said I’ve always maintained Ken Davy covers the losses and he has the right to appoint his own staff. He must think things are being well run or he would make changes I would say the evidence is rather different ,but my investment is only a season ticket!

To be honest, listening to stuff Richard has said over the last couple of years i'm not so sure it's definitely him doing a bad job rather than his hands being tied where the game is run, he sounded very frustrated explaining how things aren't fair financially and how some clubs get better deals than others, sometimes as simply or as strangely as where an ex player is now playing.

Our salary cap doesn't stay the same if no one comes or goes, it can fluctuate by up to 100k every year.
The general concept is that Ken gives Richard a poop load of money every year and Richard spends it stupidly - i have been of that opinion myself in the past but listening to him and indeed Ken, Brian Blacker, Robbo, Rick etc has swayed me more the other way.

I do know that Richard is frustrated he doesn't have the money available to do what he wants to to take this club forward but again that is down to things like lack of season card sales/merchandise sales/financial issues the club has no control of.

I've always said that personal opinions don't always match professional ones and indeed there is still things about the club that annoy me and frustrate me but it's not always the clubs fault.
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:59 pm
Posted by GIANT DAZ on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:59 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

jools wrote:
many HGSA members who pay for a membership can’t attend meetings due to other Commitments they aren’t privy to what’s said either!

I know and again myself and other members of the committee realise this, Tuesday's were chosen as this was the evening that most of our members at the time said they would prefer.

It has been raised to offer alternative events on other nights for those who cannot attend.
Our membership has increased by over 100% in the last 12/18 months so obviously the general consensus may be different now.
Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm
Posted by hxgiant on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm
hxgiant Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

It’s all about opinions Daz but the job of a chief exec in any business is to grow that business and progress it in all areas, that is not happening down there. There was a time a few years ago when there was parity between the 2 clubs similar crowds ,both around 7k average and it could have been argued Giants were playing sport at a higher level. That has been blown away and Town now rule down there and that makes it a difficult task. Moaning is not going to help though ,times change and my argument is a new approach is needed ,I don’t see it happening at all and I’m not well paid to sort it.
Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:02 am
Posted by GIANTSRL on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:02 am
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

every sl team has a salary cap

are we not paying upto the salary cap anymore?

cant help the one where wives get paid in the club shop though.
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 pm
Posted by GIANT DAZ on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:21 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

brearley84 wrote:
every sl team has a salary cap

are we not paying upto the salary cap anymore?

cant help the one where wives get paid in the club shop though.

We are yes, but as RT explained it's not a set amount and no 2 clubs are on the same amount.

There's daft reasons for it, one example is we had a certain player's salary added to our cap even though he was playing for another club at the time, because he came through our system but didn't play 10 games the previous season for us we lost that cap money.

some clubs have players on central contracts and again, each one of those can take £50,000 off a cap, so a club that has 2 or 3 gains £150,000 straight away -that's a pretty decent wedge of money that can be spent on bringing another quality player in that we don't have.

Some clubs get dispensations for other criteria as well which is not public knowledge, like i said earlier our cap can fluctuate by £100,000 a year before any players have come or gone.

And when you add on things like not all clubs get the same amount of tv money when a game is shown through other things you can see why we struggle financially especially given the lack of revenue we have coming in.
Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Posted by GIANT DAZ on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm
Gold RLFANS Member

hxgiant wrote:
It’s all about opinions Daz but the job of a chief exec in any business is to grow that business and progress it in all areas, that is not happening down there. There was a time a few years ago when there was parity between the 2 clubs similar crowds ,both around 7k average and it could have been argued Giants were playing sport at a higher level. That has been blown away and Town now rule down there and that makes it a difficult task. Moaning is not going to help though ,times change and my argument is a new approach is needed ,I don’t see it happening at all and I’m not well paid to sort it.

I know, and the main difference to me was simple - when we were top and successful people weren't interested but as soon as the football club had a sniff of success the townsfolk couldn't wait to jump on the bandwagon.

Football and especially the premier league will sell itself, as shown by the fact 15,000 extra people have suddenly become town fans, we WON our league and our crowds have fallen since ......we will never compete and win for floating fans in a town where football is played.
Previous