JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 05 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Nov 17 15:3810th Mar 17 22:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Yet their brave bid came to a stunning end when Cudjoe stepped out of the defensive line to intercept a pass and then run away for a 90-metre effort. (Times 2)
Roses are red Violets are purple The Giants are sweeter than Maple Surple.

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:20 am  
Andrew J wrote:
Think the club knows where it would like to be but has no idea how to get there. Thewlis is a major problem and until that bollard is removed then nothing will change.

His arrogance is astounding and a concern going forward. However as a friend of the club chairman removing him will be unlikely. Unfortunately.

The club has absolutely no idea how to promote the club, not even in a basic way. We cannot even announce 'good news' well such is the absolute arrogance of Thewlis.

We cannot move on with him there.

You call him arrogant, how do you know? have you met the bloke? have you sat down and spoken to him?
I have and he came across as a normal sort of guy. As for his competance in the job stakes I will have to trust Sir Ken's judgement on that.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1616
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 20159 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 09:563rd Apr 24 17:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:27 am  
keefie wrote:
You call him arrogant, how do you know? have you met the bloke? have you sat down and spoken to him?
I have and he came across as a normal sort of guy. As for his competance in the job stakes I will have to trust Sir Ken's judgement on that.

This is the bit that worries me, I don't know the Guy, I have never spoken to him, so I take your point.

I have nothing but respect for KD for what he has done for the club, and I have said ( like everyone else he deserves far better ) The fact remains we are in the **** and it's not just because it is our turn to be there.

We have come from the bottom to being a top 5 side ( league wise ) mainly on the strength of KDs money, Now due ( in my opinion mainly to poor coaching ) we are more or less back where we started, but it's not just coaching is it, The buying and selling of players has been shambolic to say the least, and the general running of the club seems amateurish in the extreme.

This is what I can't work out about Mr Davy, The team goes backwards until they are playing mainly rubbish, and the coach get's sacked ( rightly IMO) The club as a whole seems to be operating at the same level, while the fan base diminishes, and nothing is done about it.

It is a complete mystery to me, I can't believe Mr Davy has gone from Ships Photographer to Multi Millionaire without knowing how to put the right people in the right places and yet it goes on, so you have too assume that he was not happy with what went on, on the field, but he is happy with what goes on off it.

The future would seem to be more of the same off the field, and pray we get the man who can change things on it, before we get back to the 300.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200717 years103rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 09:5515th Sep 23 10:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:50 am  
Jo Jumbuck wrote:
It is a complete mystery to me, I can't believe Mr Davy has gone from Ships Photographer to Multi Millionaire without knowing how to put the right people in the right places and yet it goes on, so you have too assume that he was not happy with what went on, on the field, but he is happy with what goes on off it.

Don't understand your reasoning here it's not an exact science, having made millions of pounds in one industry does not guarantee that it makes you some sort of expert in another, in the case of your coach it's fairly obvious that things weren't working out and in the interest of all concerned it looks like he has personally lost confidence in him and given in to pressure from the fans and perhaps the directors as well, as in other sports you rarely get it right first time and are very fortunate when you do.
Just because your having no success on the field atm does not mean you are not enjoying it off the field with other aspects of running the club, if the financial side of things are good as in such as sponsorship, your youth development is in good shape and all the other policies are in place and on a sound footing, then the most important things to running a club has been achieved so why wouldn't Mr Davey be happy with Mr Thewlis and his particular role in the club, as for a new coach, good luck with that you might get one knocking on your door tomorrow, conversely he might never turn up at all, one thing's for sure your right when you say Mr Davey deserves better.
boomer 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200816 years310th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd Jan 23 11:4430th Jun 22 06:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Land of the GIANTS

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:08 pm  
l think that running a financial institution, and a RL club are as far apart as you could get, in the former you are dealing with very intelligent people, who are for the most part, calm, collected, and always at the top of their game, if not you are a gonner.
The latter you have mostly men, whether on or off the field who deal in physical prowess, to the point of brutality, intelligence is not a pre requisit, people of vastly different temprements, and how they perform is not always down to them, (the opposition has a major say).
ln the former roll l can immagine Ken setting up the organisation then sitting back and watching financial wizzards making their own fortunes as well as his.
ln the world of RL, he is dealing with people who seek power and position, using other peoples money , in the Giants case, his.
Ken obviously knows just about everything to do with finance and the kind of people that work in it, a completely different world to RL, lets face it when he arrived on the scene he was led down the garden path more times than the proverbial knome.
Without Ken there would be a desaster, but is he part of the problem?, lots of fans have the opinion there is a problem down there, if that is the case then its Kens problem, the buck stops with him.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Jun 20 08:496th Sep 19 16:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:18 pm  
have we not just been over achieving for the last few years against the bigger clubs? :ASK:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach252
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 200816 years304th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
31st Jan 23 04:5910th Sep 22 19:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:29 pm  
McNamara is going to either Hull KR or the Giants IMO
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 02 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Feb 18 21:479th Sep 17 13:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully!
But maybe not with child running amock.

Re: New coach : Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:32 pm  
Must be KR then, poor sods
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-

Re: New coach : Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:54 pm  
yeh i thought he was going to hull kr at the end of this season anyway to take over webster, just waiting for it to be announced.

examiner today linking us with noble and sinfield! noble i cant see as he is with torontos new project. sinfield, nah thanks
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200221 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Aug 21 22:264th Jun 21 23:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !

Re: New coach : Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:04 pm  
Sadly on here this topic like many others cannot be sensibly debated

With the list of applicants in front of us - it would be like posters voting on many candidates for the same party
There would obviously be a majority vote from fans for a particular favourite in their eyes --but that wont happen That is for KD , RT and the board to have at their disposal -not us!
If names are being mentioned in the Examioner and other media publications it would suggest these have been deliberately released or leaked (probably the former) to Chris Roberts and others

Whether Noble /Sinfield / and certain others are on the list could be fact or indeed a "smoke screen" but ignoring that fact the only names that are discussed on here are the ones "released"

The only proof the club made the correct decision weill only be apparent in about 12-18months time but even then I am doubtful we will ever know the names on the "list" so debate over their relative merits on here will be superfluous
That said if we do look at the names that are being banded about presumably the "package" offered cannot be a blank cheque situation and KD being astute in thisregion will obviously have a figure in mind that excludes some applicants on a financial basis

So we may become aware in time who is on the "short list" officially or otherwise

If Sinfield is on there personally IMO we could do worse As a tactician -as good as any As a leader- there arent many better. Game plans on the field -generally he couldnt be questioned (although I accept he at times made some clangers-sometimes glaring!) IF he is on the list I would also presume after the Schofield saga he HAS all the legit coaching qualifications so based on the fact that I DON`T know any of the others he could be worth a pot. Whilst as some claim good players don`t always make good coaches -some whove never played at highest level make worse ones. I have always considered he could be McDermotts successor /assistant at Leeds and that may still be in Hetheringtonsplans -who knows

Whilst the proof of whether he can deliver the goods has yet to be seen --IF he CAN DO IT Id much rather that proves to our benefit personally rather than them , or another of our rivals
He WAS doubtless an excellent on field motivator whilst Leeds captain and at the moment a wagon load of motivation is definitely up top of our teams prioritiesin my view.

But maybe Id have a different 2 pennorth to offer if I had the other 17(?) names in front of me -who knows?
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
HUDDERSFIELD
-

Re: New coach : Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:49 pm  
sean long latest to be linked, great player and would get us attacking!! which we cant do.

ivan cleary, dave furner also linked.. wouldnt mind an overseas, need a different direction
PreviousNext