WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Left edge
Re: Left edge
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 am
Posted by Chetnik on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 am
Chetnik Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

jools wrote:
Rankin at full back again to me didnt add to our attack. Looks like he will be hack in the halves for a while thanks to Danny Brough!

Yup, really didn't offer anything at all. We didn't have great field position to be fair.

Really dissapointing yesterday. Ball movement was limited compared to what we've seen since thorman took over. Not sure if it was fatigue from Easter, a controlled game from Salford or we seem to play with shackles on when Brough is in the team.

Need to give a shout out to Aaron Murphy who has been awesome the last few games. He isn't a fancy player, but if everyone played like him we would be in a better place than we are right now.

Matty English is one of the best props I have ever seen at 20 years old, if he was at a 'bigger' club he would he getting tipped as a future England International. Every time Mikolaj Oledzki comes on for Leeds all I hear is how he will be an England International... all I've seen from him is that he's a big kid. Would be nice for the media to look at young players from all clubs.
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:24 am
Posted by Crackerjack on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:24 am
Crackerjack Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

..........if they did Chetnik that would probably mean we`d lose another promising lad to rivals ! I`d rather we keep the lads that come through our system with ability than feed other clubs bargain talent for the future ...but hey thats life!
But Yes -the lad plays with some fire and guts!! Good un !
"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]"
[color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am
Posted by GiantJake1988 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am
GiantJake1988 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Crackerjack wrote:
..........if they did Chetnik that would probably mean we`d lose another promising lad to rivals ! I`d rather we keep the lads that come through our system with ability than feed other clubs bargain talent for the future ...but hey thats life!

Ive been saying this all season. The club is a joke and 2nd best is good enough, even for a lot of fans. Nothing personal to him but too many fans like Giant Daz and others on Facebook/Twitter who simply just think all the players are worthy of a spot because they are "dependable" "steady" "good servant" and just happy with anything that the club says and does and cant cope with any form on criticism of the club.

Well the reality check is we have way too many of these players and not enough quality and even the "reliable" players are becoming unreliable. Wakey, Wire, Cas, Hull, Wigan, St Helens have all recruited well. Our recruitment has been an utter disgrace for 2 - 3 years and hence why we are in the position we are in now and its not going to change anytime soon.

I see us been nothing more than a bottom 4 club for the next 2/3 years which the players we have signed up long term in key positions.
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
Posted by GIANTSRL on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
GIANTSRL User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,218

Chetnik wrote:
Yup, really didn't offer anything at all. We didn't have great field position to be fair.

Really dissapointing yesterday. Ball movement was limited compared to what we've seen since thorman took over. Not sure if it was fatigue from Easter, a controlled game from Salford or we seem to play with shackles on when Brough is in the team.

Need to give a shout out to Aaron Murphy who has been awesome the last few games. He isn't a fancy player, but if everyone played like him we would be in a better place than we are right now.

Matty English is one of the best props I have ever seen at 20 years old, if he was at a 'bigger' club he would he getting tipped as a future England International. Every time Mikolaj Oledzki comes on for Leeds all I hear is how he will be an England International... all I've seen from him is that he's a big kid. Would be nice for the media to look at young players from all clubs.

murphy is leaving end of season i believe

but he has stood up this season for us and never let us down ever to be honest

media talk about giants?! :lol: sky sports/? :lol: :lol:
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm
Posted by Chetnik on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Crackerjack wrote:

Agreed. It would be nice for the media to recognise him. I'm sure for Matty personally that would build confidence. Although, journalist Gareth Walker did a great article on the Senior twins. I believe it has been posted in the forum.
Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 pm
Posted by jools on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 pm
jools User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

GIANTSRL wrote:
murphy is leaving end of season i believe

but he has stood up this season for us and never let us down ever to be honest

media talk about giants?! :lol: sky sports/? :lol: :lol:

So Murphy is leaving- and decided to uk his game.... hmmmm. Funny that.
the future's bright the future's claret and gold
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

jools wrote:
So Murphy is leaving- and decided to uk his game.... hmmmm. Funny that.

Well at least he has been able to up his game a bit, which is more than most of them are capable of.

Danril called it absolutely cock on, they were mostly too busy running around high fiving each other while Salford were sticking 30 points on them.
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:01 am
Posted by AntonyGiant on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:01 am
AntonyGiant Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,218

Murphy upping his game?
I'm not one to defend players all the time but are you suggesting he's putting in more effort for because he's leaving.
Being an outside back at the Giants is near enough impossible to get on a roll.. and has been a couple of seasons, yet in my opinion Murphy has always thrown himself into tackles and always put his hand up for the ball to take it up to help out.
He's been one of our best players consistantly for years, wether he's been drafted in at centre or wing.
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am
Posted by Chetnik on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:45 am

You can't criticise a player for playing well... surely?

Maybe he knows that he's one of the most experienced players in the team now and has stepped up to help the young lads.

To imply that he's playing well because he is off contract is harsh. He's been a rock in attack and defence in that left centre position.
Post Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm
Posted by Jo Jumbuck on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 pm
Jo Jumbuck Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Chetnik wrote:
You can't criticise a player for playing well... surely?

Maybe he knows that he's one of the most experienced players in the team now and has stepped up to help the young lads.

To imply that he's playing well because he is off contract is harsh. He's been a rock in attack and defence in that left centre position.

Totally agree mate, Murphy has been getting some stick for some time with people calling for him to be moved on, and yet he tackles harder and runs harder than most, It must be his fault we are such a S*** side.
PreviousNext