WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Thank god it's over.......
Thank god it's over.......
Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 pm
GIANT DAZ User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

In 30 years of watching that has to be one of the most turgid, boring games of rugby league i've ever had the displeasure to watch.

With half an hour to go i couldn't wait for it to be over!!
2 teams who spent 80 minutes just passing the ball to the man next to them then kicking ....if these 2 teams are 2 of the top 8 in our country then the game is dying.
I'm not usually this negative but it was almost like both teams had decided they weren't even gonna bother using any energy tonight.

Not once did i see anyone run an angle, we barely ran forward, they weren't much better but managed to break through pretty decent defence a couple of times.

We had loads of possession in their 30 but failed to create anything, we could have played till Wigan Athletic kick off and still not scored, every attack was the same pass to the man immediately next to you run 5 yards pass to the man immediately next to you then kick it 10 foot in the air, there were gaps all over their defence and not once did we try and exploit them.

There was no vigour in running with the ball, no forwards dominating the ruck just simply walking into tackles and then having 9 men stood around watching the next play.

Only Darnell and Hinchy seemed interested in sparking some life into the attack.
Have we put the cue on the rack and decided it's season over cos it looked like it tonight.
"Time has no respect for man's vanity, We hold the keys, we are the caretakers of insanity"

//adf.ly/1gMQkx

Rick Stone's Claret Gold Army ....
Re: Thank god it's over.......
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:21 am
lampyboy Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Ya beat Wakey that's job done .
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 am
GiantJake1988 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

By the sounds of it Stone hasn't given up, he cant really be seen to say it and I understand that but deep down he will know we don't have a hope of the 4.

Fair enough we will need to field our best side next week against Hull as we can still make the 4 if we win the remaining 5 games but once we narrowly lose next week at Hull I would like the following to happen for the remaining 4 games.

Get the players in for OPs early who need them. Give some young players a chance to play some consistent game time such as Wood if hes fit, Dickinson, Smith, Nathan Mason and maybe even give English a couple of games.

I love Broughy and can't thank him enough for what hes done for this club but I feel we need a change now to take us forward as were very predictable in attack, especially in close tight games and seem to come out of the game on the wrong side of the result more often than not. I also don't think Gaskell is a starting half either - hes really not god enough against better teams.
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 pm
brearley84 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

those conditions didnt help with how the games was played, rained for all but maybe 10 mins!

was a dire game though, said same on other topic.
HUDDERSFIELD
-
THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE