WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Disappointing.

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Disappointing.

Re: Disappointing.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 pm
Posted by ColD on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:24 pm
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 131
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,433

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6417
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
reffy wrote:
It isn’t doom and gloom, it is knowing the difference between a good performance and less good one, as I said in the title, “disappointing”.


It wasn’t aimed at you :thumb:

In fact I agree with you :thumb:
Last edited by ColD on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Disappointing.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm
Posted by Alan on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 7th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11464
Location: Back in Lancashire
hooligan27 wrote:
Had ben kaye passed his head test then Moore would not have had to play the full game at hooker.. I think fax would of won by more if he had played. Fax are still missing key players but good luck for the rest of your season always enjoy the fax v leigh games.


He didn't - he had a ten minute 'rest'! :wink:
Re: Disappointing.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 pm
Posted by thefaxfanman on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 pm
thefaxfanman User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 110th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:47 pm
Posts: 1288
Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire
CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the huge up and under that did work at the start of the 2nd half that was not only knocked on by the winger, but then one of our players was held back as he tried to touch down. That would have been at least 18-18, but somehow Hewer gives a 20 meters tap, and then goes on to give every 50/50 decision to Fax resulting in 3 tries conceded in 15 minutes. Then as soon as the game is gone at 32-14, suddenly we are the recipient of those decisions.


But it wasn't a knock on if you watch the game back. player was definitely held back though
In Marshall, We Trust

'LET ONLY THOSE WHO ENTER DO SO WITH PRIDE AND A DETERMINATION TO UPHOLD THE FINE TRADITION OF THE CLUB' - THRUM HALL DRESSING ROOM PLAQUE
Re: Disappointing.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 102
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 2350
thefaxfanman wrote:
But it wasn't a knock on if you watch the game back. player was definitely held back though


Ref can only give what he sees , was a typical Hewer display , you never feel confident watching him in the middle , always seems to encourage niggly games , will we see him again fairly soon ? , hope bloody not
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am
Posted by Alan on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 7th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11464
Location: Back in Lancashire
GUBRATS wrote:
Ref can only give what he sees , was a typical Hewer display , you never feel confident watching him in the middle , always seems to encourage niggly games , will we see him again fairly soon ? , hope bloody not


Just how I see it Steve. Just to add that his TJ was just as near as him, when they seemed to completely miss our guy being held back. I always feel lately, that he has become very 'unpredictable' and I reckon that uncertainty got to the players too! He certainly doesn't seem to contribute much to the concept of speeding up the game.

Would we have gone on to win, if we had been awarded a penalty then? We don't know, but if that had been the decision, it is unlikely that 'Fax would have gone straight down the other end just then, to start that three try blitz. If you listen to JD's post match interview, he believes we should have had a penalty then - but we was realistic/honest enough to say that he didn't think it would have influenced the outcome, as 'Fax were the deserving winners.

If's, buts, and maybes, eh!?
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 262
Rep Position: 8th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 392

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 29061
Location: The Corridor of Uncertainty
Alan wrote:
If you listen to JD's post match interview, he believes we should have had a penalty then - but we was realistic/honest enough to say that he didn't think it would have influenced the outcome, as 'Fax were the deserving winners.


That’s a fair analysis from your coach.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm
Posted by kirkhall on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1697
Location: Near Leyth
Deary me, every time Hewer refs a game there's controversy! For the Fax fans coming on here, you were worthy winners on the day of that, there is little doubt.
Gareth Hewer struggles to see play because in my opinion the players dwarf him on the pitch and he can't see around them! No other ref relies on his touch judges more than him, for this reason.
As far as the game goes, Jonny Pownall was shocking, he was probably culpable for 18 of Fax's points! I saw this lad play for Leigh at Fax a few years ago and he single handedly gifted Fax the game then! consequently I've never rated him and, my opinion hasn't changed now!
The incident with the obstruction was unbelievable, from my seat the Fax Winger dropped the ball facing leigh posts (knock on), leigh player kicked ball forward and attempted the chase it however, he was clearly held back (obstruction), advantage was played however, another leigh player couldn't quite ground the ball before it rolled dead!
The decision should have been, deliberate obstruction and yellow card for Fax player and, a penalty to Leigh !
I believe our obstructed player would have been able to ground the ball and score a try!
For Hewer to award a twenty restart in Fax's favour was incredible!
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 148
Rep Position: 19th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12462
Location: blackpool tower circus
kirkhall wrote:
Deary me, every time Hewer refs a game there's controversy! For the Fax fans coming on here, you were worthy winners on the day of that, there is little doubt.
Gareth Hewer struggles to see play because in my opinion the players dwarf him on the pitch and he can't see around them! No other ref relies on his touch judges more than him, for this reason.
As far as the game goes, Jonny Pownall was shocking, he was probably culpable for 18 of Fax's points! I saw this lad play for Leigh at Fax a few years ago and he single handedly gifted Fax the game then! consequently I've never rated him and, my opinion hasn't changed now!
The incident with the obstruction was unbelievable, from my seat the Fax Winger dropped the ball facing leigh posts (knock on), leigh player kicked ball forward and attempted the chase it however, he was clearly held back (obstruction), advantage was played however, another leigh player couldn't quite ground the ball before it rolled dead!
The decision should have been, deliberate obstruction and yellow card for Fax player and, a penalty to Leigh !
I believe our obstructed player would have been able to ground the ball and score a try!
For Hewer to award a twenty restart in Fax's favour was incredible!

Kirkby I agree with most of your post, especially your view on the obstruction,Pownall did have a mare of a game, and why he applauded the Ref was crazy, he then applauded the East Stand as he approached the tunnel, it could prove more costly soon.
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Posted by Alan on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:18 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 263
Rep Position: 7th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11464
Location: Back in Lancashire
Bullseye wrote:
That’s a fair analysis from your coach.


He's being honest. That's the way most of us saw the game too. The final score flattered us somewhat, although credit to Leigh for not packing in, when the tide turned against us. A good, deserved win for 'Fax.
Re: Disappointing.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm
Posted by Deeeekos on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm
Deeeekos Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 116th / 77,433

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 8:27 pm
Posts: 135
I know we should look forward rather than back but I have to say our away fixture at Halifax last season still haunts me, and that is without the bus breaking down, missing the pubs and arriving 10 minutes into the match after Fax had already scored.

So other than another huge and possibly further costly brain fart by a winger of ours, the team we have, part-time too, at least play with more passion than that shambles I saw a year ago.

Couple that with the Toulouse result/performance and whereas I don't see us being up there, come the end I think we can certainly have a say in who finishes where above us.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Leyther14, reffy and 96 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,846,7531,18577,4334,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
COVENTRY BEARS
v
WEST WALES
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WHITEHAVEN
v
KEIGHLEY
TODAY 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
SWINTON LIONS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
TODAY 19:00
WCC2019
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
Sat 2nd Mar 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
LEIGH
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH
Sun 17th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LEIGH
Sun 7th Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
LEIGH
Sun 5th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 19th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22