WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Disappointing.

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Disappointing.

Re: Disappointing.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 468
Rep Position: 7th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 224

The 'kicking game' worked v Toulouse when we were winning narrowly and the team was playing well. When not doing so, you need a 'spark' like somebody making a break
So are you saying we shouldn't give Olly Russell a chance ?
I only suggested it because clubs don't have 'backs on the bench' so obviously it's start with him, or not at all.
As for a 'winger' Adam Swift will do nicely.... :D
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:32 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 495
Rep Position: 5th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Budgiezilla wrote:
The 'kicking game' worked v Toulouse when we were winning narrowly and the team was playing well. When not doing so, you need a 'spark' like somebody making a break
I only suggested it because clubs don't have 'backs on the bench' so obviously it's start with him, or not at all.

Although i agree Budge ,you are only allowed 5 DR/Loanees in your 17,how/were could we fit swifty in?
Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 196
Rep Position: 37th / 77,548

It was a bit of a ' war of atrittion ' with both teams trying to wear each other out , in the end Fax had that bit more confidence in offloading and speed in getting the ball wide , they are after all a squad that has been together a couple of years now

and yes when chasing a game just keep putting up a kick wont cut it , the kick Woods put straight into touch should have been ' run ' with the centre or wing being the kicker behind the Fax line
Yes they scored out wide twice in the 2 nd half but both times that side was outnumbered , once because it was mcnally making the tackle in the centre to stop them scoring , just good play by a clever player like murrel
Overal not a bad display , and we will get better as the games go on , as long as we dont lose too many players , yes Johnny that applause will cost a couple of games , we cannot afford stuff like that anymore
It could quite easily be a few more weeks before we get any more points on the table , but we expected that anyway
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 468
Rep Position: 7th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 224

[quote="Cokey"]Although i agree Budge ,you are only allowed 5 DR/Loanees in your 17,how/were could we fit swifty in?[/quote

Luke Douglas is only here for a month, so next week will be his final game for us (probably) Unless Saints send him back for another 1 month loan.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 am
Posted by Cokey on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 am
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 495
Rep Position: 5th / 77,548

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
[quote="Budgiezilla"]

I think Luke has 2 more games with us,but like you say,he might come back for another month.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am
Posted by ColD on Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:41 am
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 206
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 84

Budgiezilla wrote:

I’m saying there is no need for knee jerk reactions - I’m sure Russell will get his chance be it full back or halves at some point. I wouldn’t change the halves at this point, they need time to work together

And Swift was the first name I thought of in all honesty, with one of the other DR from Saints dropping out - possibly give O Donnell a run. Will be a test as to how this DR agreement is going to pan out
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am
Posted by hooligan27 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am
hooligan27 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 31
Rep Position: 144th / 77,548

Had ben kaye passed his head test then Moore would not have had to play the full game at hooker.. I think fax would of won by more if he had played. Fax are still missing key players but good luck for the rest of your season always enjoy the fax v leigh games.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 am
Posted by reffy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 am
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 208
Rep Position: 31st / 77,548

Quiz Score: 40

ColD wrote:
Aye aye,lost a game have we :roll:

- now it’s doom and gloom

It isn’t doom and gloom, it is knowing the difference between a good performance and less good one, as I said in the title, “disappointing”.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 106
Rep Position: 79th / 77,548

GUBRATS wrote:
It was a bit of a ' war of atrittion ' with both teams trying to wear each other out , in the end Fax had that bit more confidence in offloading and speed in getting the ball wide , they are after all a squad that has been together a couple of years now

and yes when chasing a game just keep putting up a kick wont cut it , the kick Woods put straight into touch should have been ' run ' with the centre or wing being the kicker behind the Fax line
Yes they scored out wide twice in the 2 nd half but both times that side was outnumbered , once because it was mcnally making the tackle in the centre to stop them scoring , just good play by a clever player like murrel
Overal not a bad display , and we will get better as the games go on , as long as we dont lose too many players , yes Johnny that applause will cost a couple of games , we cannot afford stuff like that anymore
It could quite easily be a few more weeks before we get any more points on the table , but we expected that anyway

It looks like you have put together a decent team and certainly your backs look decent at this level but as ive mentioned before you have at least 3 players in the Adamson's and Brooks who would struggle to be starters for mid table championship teams and that is always going to hurt. Add a bit more beef to your pack and those backs are going to score a lot of tries.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am
Posted by CHEADLE LEYTHER on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 141st / 77,548

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the huge up and under that did work at the start of the 2nd half that was not only knocked on by the winger, but then one of our players was held back as he tried to touch down. That would have been at least 18-18, but somehow Hewer gives a 20 meters tap, and then goes on to give every 50/50 decision to Fax resulting in 3 tries conceded in 15 minutes. Then as soon as the game is gone at 32-14, suddenly we are the recipient of those decisions.
PreviousNext