WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fixture delay?

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Fixture delay?

Re: Fixture delay?
Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm
Posted by atomic on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 127
Rep Position: 27th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5618
wire-quin wrote:
How does it feel?? At least we wont go bust when we come back down. The London lads will stay and the mercenaries will leave at the end of there 1 year contract.

Note the sustainable model.


You'll be right. They'll plug you with a parachute payment again. Hopefully you'll do better with it next time round.
Image
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:52 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:52 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 346
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,447

Quiz Score: 224

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7355
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
wire-quin wrote:
How does it feel?? At least we wont go bust when we come back down. The London lads will stay and the mercenaries will leave at the end of there 1 year contract.

Note the sustainable model.


Who's gone bust ?
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 pm
Posted by glow on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 pm
glow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 112th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:27 pm
Posts: 7472
atomic wrote:
You'll be right. They'll plug you with a parachute payment again. Hopefully you'll do better with it next time round.


Don’t think we could be classed as experts in the parachute regiment
get leigh outta wigan
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 am
Posted by atomic on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:08 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 127
Rep Position: 27th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5618
glow wrote:
Don’t think we could be classed as experts in the parachute regiment


Wasteful expenditure glow. But I and a couple more enjoyed the ride. Back to basics again.

Bring it on.
Image
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 am
Posted by LeythIg on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:51 am
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,447

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Landan
wire-quin wrote:
How does it feel?? At least we wont go bust when we come back down. The London lads will stay and the mercenaries will leave at the end of there 1 year contract.

Note the sustainable model.


So what happens to London Broncos if the owners decides that he can't / won't continue to make up shortfall in funding?

Sustainable model indeed.
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 am
Posted by Alan on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:28 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 265
Rep Position: 7th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11481
Location: Back in Lancashire
LeythIg wrote:
So what happens to London Broncos if the owners decides that he can't / won't continue to make up shortfall in funding?

Sustainable model indeed.


Now that feels like a familiar scenario! Where have we heard of that one before? :wink:
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am
Posted by glow on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am
glow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 112th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:27 pm
Posts: 7472
LeythIg wrote:
So what happens to London Broncos if the owners decides that he can't / won't continue to make up shortfall in funding?

Sustainable model indeed.


In the same position as us, just like the vast majority of other clubs if their own walks.
get leigh outta wigan
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:47 am
Posted by LeythIg on Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:47 am
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,447

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Landan
glow wrote:
In the same position as us, just like the vast majority of other clubs if their own walks.


Correct.

Whilst there are plenty of goings on at the club that I feel have been handled badly (comms out from the club, players not being paid), But I also I feel that a lot of fans of other clubs are getting holier than thou at the fact that contracts were renegotiated. Halifax asked all the squad to take a pay cut after missing top 4 one year. Bradford sold season tickets then went bust. These aren't the first contract renegotiations and they wont be the last.

Then we get a London fan talk of their "sustainable model" because they have a few players on one year contracts (just like we did).
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Posted by Hudd-Shay on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Hudd-Shay User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 64th / 77,447

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3072
Location: Shuddersfield
LeythIg wrote:
Correct.

Whilst there are plenty of goings on at the club that I feel have been handled badly (comms out from the club, players not being paid), But I also I feel that a lot of fans of other clubs are getting holier than thou at the fact that contracts were renegotiated. Halifax asked all the squad to take a pay cut after missing top 4 one year. Bradford sold season tickets then went bust. These aren't the first contract renegotiations and they wont be the last.

Then we get a London fan talk of their "sustainable model" because they have a few players on one year contracts (just like we did).

Only one Fax player, Manning, refused the pay cut offer. All the rest were paid their original contracts at the end of the season on achieving the top four.
Hear All, See All, Say Nowt.
Eat All, Sup All, Pay Nowt.
And if Tha ever does Owt for Nowt,
Allus do it for Thissen.
Re: Fixture delay?
Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:03 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:03 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 49
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,447

Quiz Score: 16

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:09 pm
Posts: 2234
Location: Landan
Hudd-Shay wrote:
Only one Fax player, Manning, refused the pay cut offer. All the rest were paid their original contracts at the end of the season on achieving the top four.


Fair enough, and my post wasn't intended as a dig at fax. Just to make the point that sometimes clubs have to renegotiate with players on terms and pay.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gunners guns13 and 103 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,849,9101,61177,4474,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 14:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
TODAY 17:15
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
CASTLEFORD
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
Sat 2nd Mar 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
LEIGH
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
LEIGH
Sun 17th Mar 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 24th Mar 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LEIGH
Sun 7th Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
LEIGH
Sun 5th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SHEFFIELD
Sun 19th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
Sat 25th May 14:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
LEIGH
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
HALIFAX
Sun 16th Jun 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
BRADFORD BULLS
Sun 23rd Jun 15:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 28th Jun 19:45
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
LEIGH
Sun 7th Jul 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
LEIGH
Sun 14th Jul 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22