WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Non-Payment of Wages

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Non-Payment of Wages

Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm
Posted by ColD on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 pm
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 135
Rep Position: 30th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 84

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6434
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
maurice wrote:
Isn't it more embarrassing you cant read what they actually said :lol: :lol: :lol:


Whilst you are correct, is there any particular reason why you have now suddenly become more active on here :DRUMMER:
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 am
Posted by Alan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:50 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 298
Rep Position: 10th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11571
Location: Back in Lancashire
To bring some light relief to we troubled Leythers? :wink:
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 am
Posted by maurice on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 am
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16397
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
ColD wrote:
Whilst you are correct, is there any particular reason why you have now suddenly become more active on here :DRUMMER:


Its a paternal instinct, a family member is in the sheeite and instead of helping many seem intent on putting the boot in whilst claiming to be part of that family.

What happens next requires all family members to support the journey to recovery.
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am
Posted by Alan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:02 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 298
Rep Position: 10th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11571
Location: Back in Lancashire
Agreed Neil, although even the more 'dysfunctional' families tend to communicate. :wink:

I believe this week's comparative avalanche of communication from the club, may have come about as a result of pressure to encourage them to break silence.
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am
Posted by charlie caroli on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:08 am
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 158
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12574
Location: blackpool tower circus
Alan wrote:
Agreed Neil, although even the more 'dysfunctional' families tend to communicate. :wink:

I believe this week's comparative avalanche of communication from the club, may have come about as a result of pressure to encourage them to break silence.

I agree with what Mo says and when the time comes I will do whatever I can to help Leigh.
As for families?Alan this year the Caroli family have been badly let down by close family members,but we survive,as Leigh Centurions will do. :thumb:
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm
Posted by Alan on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 298
Rep Position: 10th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 11571
Location: Back in Lancashire
charlie caroli wrote:
I agree with what Mo says and when the time comes I will do whatever I can to help Leigh.
As for families?Alan this year the Caroli family have been badly let down by close family members,but we survive,as Leigh Centurions will do. :thumb:


Keep on gooin' wit' yed down Ian. Hope you and Leigh have a good 2019! :wink:
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:33 pm
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:33 pm
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 86th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:10 am
Posts: 1772
Location: Here (But Only for the Beer)
Bongser for one, welcomes Mo’s return – long may he stay this time.

Chatted to Alan B at a bus stop in Manc earlier this week, Charlie, and his biggest concern was not the debacle that was last Sunday’s game and non-squad, but the non-payment of the players’ wages. Yes, this season is a wipe-out but what of next?

Derek deciding to let the big names (for which read highest earners) find new clubs before the last match of the regular season (after which the transfer deadline would have passed – that’s something the RFL need to look at) was wholly vindicated as, even though we won that last game, it didn’t prove enough to drag us into the top four after the disastrous start to the season.

Asking players to accept lower paid contracts, whilst far from Utopian, was necessary if the club are to make next season as a sustainable company in its present manifestation. Bongser knows many folk from hereabouts that had to take a reduced contract to retain a job back when the crash of the banks started to bite wider society. The few unpaid players are exercising brinksmanship as is the club. Should liquidation eventually occur, those players will see not one red cent. The ones that said “aye” will have been paid something at least through the interim months.

Ste100Centurions mentioned recently a thread of “more than a 100 pages” on The Bulls’ board. Ste, IBRC, it was over 400. Recall from that (sometimes) informative thread, that should a player go two months unpaid, he becomes a free agent (we got James Clare to look after for a year!) But, unless they are good enough for Oz, where would the Leigh “brinksmen” find a gig in closed season?

Are the players that have bitten the bullet pi$hed off? Wouldn’t anyone be? But they’re getting something.

Bongser is not here as chief apologist. This is not DB’s finest hour but something else should be pointed out. Prior to the abovementioned 400+ page thread, Bongser kept up with another thread on the same board that referenced Green (the then Bulls owner's) launch of the following year’s season tickets. They were priced somewhat higher than expected for a Championship club but with a promise of discounted prices the following year “in SL”. Green, it would seem was there to press palms and personally thank those buying at the “box-office” – what a Super Trooper! Only some weeks thereafter, and following uptake, did he put the club into administration. Not pleased what happened to The Bulls, delighted though that Green came out with jack. Beaumont, in fairness, has tried no such malarkey.

After the Bulls' admin was announced there was sausage all communication from the club barring that announcements were made announcing that announcements would be announced soon. Someone on here mis-recalled genuine info being relayed in “the monster thread”. There wasn’t! It was mainly comprised of complaints about the lack of gen, ‘Faxian and other trolls (no dis to Bentleyman), well wishers from WN7, the words “Cut our cloth...” and frivolous attempts to increase the page count with concern for the welfare of the tea lady.

It was however an informative read and, if any on here have a week off, worth a revisit if only to forewarn & forearm us as to what may come. There are several similarities to Leigh’s situation (fell on sword after putting all eggs in the Mid8s basket and having no St Swithun when those ova went omelette shaped, ground not owned by the club, founding members of RL, former national champions and Challenge Cup winners...etc&).

Here’s a link if any are interested:

http://i.rlfans.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... start=1840

As Bongser has urged elsewhere, listen to (most) Bradford fans’ advice, they know their onions in this situation, and welcome their good wishes.

BeLeighve! :thumb:
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm
Posted by atomic on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 132
Rep Position: 31st / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5675
Bent&Bongser wrote:
Bongser for one, welcomes Mo’s return – long may he stay this time.

Chatted to Alan B at a bus stop in Manc earlier this week, Charlie, and his biggest concern was not the debacle that was last Sunday’s game and non-squad, but the non-payment of the players’ wages. Yes, this season is a wipe-out but what of next?

Derek deciding to let the big names (for which read highest earners) find new clubs before the last match of the regular season (after which the transfer deadline would have passed – that’s something the RFL need to look at) was wholly vindicated as, even though we won that last game, it didn’t prove enough to drag us into the top four after the disastrous start to the season.

Asking players to accept lower paid contracts, whilst far from Utopian, was necessary if the club are to make next season as a sustainable company in its present manifestation. Bongser knows many folk from hereabouts that had to take a reduced contract to retain a job back when the crash of the banks started to bite wider society. The few unpaid players are exercising brinksmanship as is the club. Should liquidation eventually occur, those players will see not one red cent. The ones that said “aye” will have been paid something at least through the interim months.

Ste100Centurions mentioned recently a thread of “more than a 100 pages” on The Bulls’ board. Ste, IBRC, it was over 400. Recall from that (sometimes) informative thread, that should a player go two months unpaid, he becomes a free agent (we got James Clare to look after for a year!) But, unless they are good enough for Oz, where would the Leigh “brinksmen” find a gig in closed season?

Are the players that have bitten the bullet pi$hed off? Wouldn’t anyone be? But they’re getting something.

Bongser is not here as chief apologist. This is not DB’s finest hour but something else should be pointed out. Prior to the abovementioned 400+ page thread, Bongser kept up with another thread on the same board that referenced Green (the then Bulls owner's) launch of the following year’s season tickets. They were priced somewhat higher than expected for a Championship club but with a promise of discounted prices the following year “in SL”. Green, it would seem was there to press palms and personally thank those buying at the “box-office” – what a Super Trooper! Only some weeks thereafter, and following uptake, did he put the club into administration. Not pleased what happened to The Bulls, delighted though that Green came out with jack. Beaumont, in fairness, has tried no such malarkey.

After the Bulls' admin was announced there was sausage all communication from the club barring that announcements were made announcing that announcements would be announced soon. Someone on here mis-recalled genuine info being relayed in “the monster thread”. There wasn’t! It was mainly comprised of complaints about the lack of gen, ‘Faxian and other trolls (no dis to Bentleyman), well wishers from WN7, the words “Cut our cloth...” and frivolous attempts to increase the page count with concern for the welfare of the tea lady.

It was however an informative read and, if any on here have a week off, worth a revisit if only to forewarn & forearm us as to what may come. There are several similarities to Leigh’s situation (fell on sword after putting all eggs in the Mid8s basket and having no St Swithun when those ova went omelette shaped, ground not owned by the club, founding members of RL, former national champions and Challenge Cup winners...etc&).

Here’s a link if any are interested:

http://i.rlfans.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... start=1840

As Bongser has urged elsewhere, listen to (most) Bradford fans’ advice, they know their onions in this situation, and welcome their good wishes.

BeLeighve! :thumb:


Good words Bongser. But Leigh are not yet in the situation the Bulls where. Still down to Mr Beaumont to make his move. Thank goodness the season ends Sunday.
Image
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am
Posted by maurice on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 82nd / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 4:26 pm
Posts: 16397
Location: A rose between 2 thorns
atomic wrote:
Good words Bongser. But Leigh are not yet in the situation the Bulls where. Still down to Mr Beaumont to make his move. Thank goodness the season ends Sunday.


We are not in that mess because DB paid the tax bill, he could have paid the players and had the club wound up. Thank God we have some like Bongser who have the sense to understand what has been disclosed
Re: Non-Payment of Wages
Post Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm
Posted by atomic on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:39 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 132
Rep Position: 31st / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 5675
maurice wrote:
We are not in that mess because DB paid the tax bill, he could have paid the players and had the club wound up. Thank God we have some like Bongser who have the sense to understand what has been disclosed


What disclosure?
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 53 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,877,16182377,5414,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 07:05
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
SOUTHS
TODAY 10:55
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
TODAY 12:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST.HELENS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
SALFORD
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
COVENTRY BEARS
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
KEIGHLEY
v
DONCASTER
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
CRUSADERS
v
WEST WALES
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
OLDHAM
v
HUNSLET
TODAY 15:00
 CH1
WORKINGTON TOWN
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
TORONTO
TODAY 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
BRADFORD BULLS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
ROCHDALE
TODAY 18:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
TOULOUSE
TODAY 18:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
YORK
TODAY 19:00
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
BATLEY BULLDOGS
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
LEIGH
Sun 5th May 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






22