Posted by LeythIg on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:18 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,959

Quiz Score: 16

THECherry&Whites wrote:
8 game ban it is then!

Means he will be available to be not selected at the end of whatever 8s comp we're in.
Re: Acton
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm
Posted by reffy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 40

It will be appealed and he will get 10.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:03 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 0

charlie caroli wrote:
Monty, I was at the Mount on Sunday, there was a fair few Leigh fans under the Stand, when Acton walked past them , a high percentage of the Leigh fans were chanting,He's one of our Own ,about Acton,and he got plenty of applause as well.

In was also on that terrace young Charles but disagree, about 700 to 750 travelled with about 500 in that end at the time & only about 50 sang this about Jamie, I make that 10% ish !

While on, I didn't see the contact at the time *have now on video* & the ref & linesman played on & definitely DID NOT see it either ! In fact a fan *presumably Leigh* was talking as I passed at half time & he said that a Batley Official had complained hard to the 4th Official & the 4th then contacted the Ref which seems plausible, play had moved way down the pitch *as it would after a kick* but at no point did Child or the linesman look anywhere near immediately interested !

For those who have not seen the video clip, the evidence shows the elbow raised & looks quite last second in movement, the contact also looks glancing rather than fully square on but contact regardless. It is entirely possible that Hemmingway's injury or unconsciousness was sustained when he hit the deck which was really hard & parched, or a combination of both factors, his head deviated very little on contact with Acton.
It is important to stress that none of this is intended to admonish blame from Acton or diminish his responsibility as he fully deserves to be banned for at least 6 games as it was late, high & avoidable IMHO.

Acton inability to stay away from the disciplinary at Red Hall is again adversely affecting the season & his overall standing at the Club & has caused a hole to appear that a prop should fill.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 76,959

Ste100Centurions wrote:
In was also on that terrace young Charles but disagree, about 700 to 750 travelled with about 500 in that end at the time & only about 50 sang this about Jamie, I make that 10% ish !

While on, I didn't see the contact at the time *have now on video* & the ref & linesman played on & definitely DID NOT see it either ! In fact a fan *presumably Leigh* was talking as I passed at half time & he said that a Batley Official had complained hard to the 4th Official & the 4th then contacted the Ref which seems plausible, play had moved way down the pitch *as it would after a kick* but at no point did Child or the linesman look anywhere near immediately interested !

For those who have not seen the video clip, the evidence shows the elbow raised & looks quite last second in movement, the contact also looks glancing rather than fully square on but contact regardless. It is entirely possible that Hemmingway's injury or unconsciousness was sustained when he hit the deck which was really hard & parched, or a combination of both factors, his head deviated very little on contact with Acton.
It is important to stress that none of this is intended to admonish blame from Acton or diminish his responsibility as he fully deserves to be banned for at least 6 games as it was late, high & avoidable IMHO.

Acton inability to stay away from the disciplinary at Red Hall is again adversely affecting the season & his overall standing at the Club & has caused a hole to appear that a prop should fill.

Thank you for your reply Ste, and the Young :shock: reference,my observation of the number of Leigh fans applaudin, and chanting Jamies, name probably was way out, it just amazes me how any Leigh fans can do this.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm
Posted by reffy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:58 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,959

Quiz Score: 40

Clarification of the “ ref and TJs didn’t see it” comments, if a hit is late and after the ball has gone (either passed or kicked) the onus is in the nearest TJ to pick it up.
The ref is watching where the ball is going, the TJ should watch where it has been.
Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 pm
Posted by Alan on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,959

reffy wrote:
Clarification of the “ ref and TJs didn’t see it” comments, if a hit is late and after the ball has gone (either passed or kicked) the onus is in the nearest TJ to pick it up.
The ref is watching where the ball is going, the TJ should watch where it has been.

That's my take on it as well, Reffy.

When he came to sit in the stand, Acton said that the ref said he had seen it, and the tj said he hadn't. From the ref's initial reaction he didn't appear to see it and only stopped play when he looked back at Hemingway.

Unfortunately the video doesn't show what I believed I saw. (specs and all!). I watched Acton, as the ball was kicked. He definitely had time to withdraw from contact, and didn't. To make matters worse, his contact was high - although I still swear that it wasn't with his elbow. Anyway, that's all academic - the contact was late, (fact) the contact was high, (fact) and the contact was avoidable. (in my opinion)

It's also academic how many matches he gets because, unfortunately, he just can't seem to resist doing these stupid, and dangerous things.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 am
Posted by THECherry&Whites on Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 am
THECherry&Whites User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,959

It's telling that he has been dropped from the squad for Saturdays game. His hearing is not until next week so would have been available for the Rochdale game. Has Keiron lots patience with him?
Am I Rugby Leagues Adrian Durham?
Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:40 pm
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:40 pm
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 76,959

He's in the squad on Centurions' website, C&W.
Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:56 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:56 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 76,959

Quiz Score: 16

Bent&Bongser wrote:
He's in the squad on Centurions' website, C&W.

Yes, but in the "Not selected" section :wink:
Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 76,959

LeythIg wrote:
Yes, but in the "Not selected" section :wink:

Wow, he WAS in the announced 19. Still had the page up on another tab (opened at about 1pm today). Took a refresh to "demote" him. Looks like he might very well have played his last two or three minutes for Leigh!
PreviousNext