WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - I hope we lose against Batley.

Board index Championship Eights Leigh Centurions I hope we lose against Batley.

Re: I hope we lose against Batley.
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:09 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

atomic wrote:
Hutchinson,dosen't do it for me, predictable positioning..

MOM by a country mile yesterday, must say he did not convince me against TWP but hopefully v Batley is more of what is to come. He probably gave more telling passes and took the ball to the line more yesterday than we saw with Drinkwater for 2 years.
Reynolds still prooved for me why he should be nowhere near the No 6 shirt, the lad gives 100% but is truley lacking in the abilities a good stand off should posses, was Mortimer dropped? not heard anything that he was injured, if so and he was dropped it must be in direct reflection to his performance v TWP, was he actually worse than Reynolds in that game, not in my opinion and quite a lot of people I either spoke to or have read comments from.
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am
Posted by atomic on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,218

Personally I thought Reynolds went ok. Mom for me either Mason or Larroyer.
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am
Posted by Harry Stottle on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am
Harry Stottle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

atomic wrote:
Personally I thought Reynolds went ok. Mom for me either Mason or Larroyer.

No disrespect to Reynolds but going OK is about the best he will give us, bombed 3 clear cut opportunities with badly misdirected passes something we can ill afford in tight games, and he just seems to be void of ideas, BUT he could very well be playing to instruction keeping it safe, may very well be whilst he is still the favoured 6, expansive play will never do in this regime!
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm
Posted by kirkhall on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,218

Vancouver Leyther wrote:
He needs a partner who can adapt to variable positioning. Reynolds is not that partner in my opinion as he doesn’t have the vision and ability to adapt to what’s in front of him. We have that player but our coach didn’t play him..... we also have a player that can marshal the team and be the motivator Higham used to be... but our coach didn’t play him. If he was injured then fair do’s but I’ve not seen that stated anywhere. I’m very big on loyalty and supporting the whole club/team but I’m starting to lose my faith in our coaching staff.

Wow :shock: Do you know what impresses me with your post VL ? you can see Reynolds shortcomings from Vancouver Canada and, we have a Coaching team, in East Stand, who cant see it! :wink:
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:59 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 16

If whoever I say picking the team thinks that Mortimer (and hall for that matter) isn't good enough to make our best 17 then something is seriously wrong.

May be more a case of needing to give Reynolds a run to try and improve, because we might need him at the end of the season. Trouble is he doesn't have the speed of thought and we don't have the coaches to develop a half back.
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm
Posted by Jboyleigh on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:08 pm
Jboyleigh Stevo's Armpit

kirkhall wrote:
Wow :shock: Do you know what impresses me with your post VL ? you can see Reynolds shortcomings from Vancouver Canada and, we have a Coaching team, in East Stand, who cant see it! :wink:

Who says our coaching team won't try something new - they are sat in the West Stand this season :D
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Posted by Alan on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:59 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,218

Jboyleigh wrote:
Who says our coaching team won't try something new - they are sat in the West Stand this season :D

Safety among numbers! :wink:
Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

LeythIg wrote:
If whoever I say picking the team thinks that Mortimer (and hall for that matter) isn't good enough to make our best 17 then something is seriously wrong.

May be more a case of needing to give Reynolds a run to try and improve, because we might need him at the end of the season. Trouble is he doesn't have the speed of thought and we don't have the coaches to develop a half back.

That’s a good point Leythig but as you say I think he is simply not what the club needs at 6. Also a game where we had over 5000 spectators wasn’t the game to do that. The club had the perfect stage to show the fans what we are all about this season and build a larger championship fan base for the season. Anyone who was on the fence about spending their hard earned money at the LSV this season probably fell off on the wrong side. Don’t get me wrong, it was an indisciplined and error ridden whole team that lost the game, but a talented strong leader at 6 who can boss the team around could have changed that.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 pm
Posted by LeythIg on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 pm
LeythIg Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 16

Vancouver Leyther wrote:
That’s a good point Leythig but as you say I think he is simply not what the club needs at 6. Also a game where we had over 5000 spectators wasn’t the game to do that. The club had the perfect stage to show the fans what we are all about this season and build a larger championship fan base for the season. Anyone who was on the fence about spending their hard earned money at the LSV this season probably fell off on the wrong side. Don’t get me wrong, it was an indisciplined and error ridden whole team that lost the game, but a talented strong leader at 6 who can boss the team around could have changed that.

Couldn't agree more. Just trying to make sense of another ludicrous selection, especially given reports of Mortimer and Hutchinson training in the halves together in pre-season. Would've given Jonah Cunningham a game off the bench and played the first choice halves, in the absense of Baptiste, then given Reynolds a run further into the season.
Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:19 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

LeythIg wrote:
Couldn't agree more. Just trying to make sense of another ludicrous selection, especially given reports of Mortimer and Hutchinson training in the halves together in pre-season. Would've given Jonah Cunningham a game off the bench and played the first choice halves, in the absense of Baptiste, then given Reynolds a run further into the season.

Having watched the game on LCTV I agree with Atomic that Reynolds didn’t have a bad game but he just doesn’t unlock a defence with ball in hand. I know very little about Jonah Cunningham but if Baptiste is out (looked like a right shoulder, maybe collar bone from how he looked) lets give him a go and get a halves partnership on the field that can worry the better teams (Mortimer/Hutchinson)
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
PreviousNext