WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Toronto Wolfpack
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4237
DGM wrote:
It's hard to pick out any points & discuss them when you make them so badly to be honest.

So TWP are a promotion stunt now? What are you talking about?


You base a connection of TWP with CRL on a double header at Lamport. When really it's only a promotion of TWP. A venture that doesn't support CRL.
Image
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:59 pm
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2208
atomic wrote:
You base a connection of TWP with CRL on a double header at Lamport. When really it's only a promotion of TWP. A venture that doesn't support CRL.


That bit in bold is your opinion, it's not fact.

It IS a fact that they played a double header at the weekend, and therefore is evidence that the organisations work together, a "connection" if you will.

What is also a fact is a tweet from the Wolfpack on the 21st of August, which reads, "We work hand in hand with @CanadaRL, and hope to be able create and foster a TWP youth academy system over the next couple of years. Cheers!"

https://twitter.com/TOwolfpack/status/8 ... 7557584901


What more do you need?
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:55 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4237
DGM wrote:
That bit in bold is your opinion, it's not fact.

It IS a fact that they played a double header at the weekend, and therefore is evidence that the organisations work together, a "connection" if you will.

What is also a fact is a tweet from the Wolfpack on the 21st of August, which reads, "We work hand in hand with @CanadaRL, and hope to be able create and foster a TWP youth academy system over the next couple of years. Cheers!"

https://twitter.com/TOwolfpack/status/8 ... 7557584901


What more do you need?


http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/

Packed full of information regarding TWP.. I cant find one article regarding TWP. Nor the name.
Image
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2208
atomic wrote:
http://www.canadarugbyleague.com/

Packed full of information regarding TWP.. I cant find one article regarding TWP. Nor the name.


Seen as TWP don't fall under the jurisdiction of CRL (we've been over this), why would you? They share news on the national sides and the domestic competitions, that's what their website is for (albeit, it's a pretty poorly updated one).

I'm not sure why this is all so confusing to you, or quite why you've decided to deviate down this road for so long without actually making a point as to why you're doing so. All very odd. Maybe you're just trying to find some sort of tiny victory in your fight against TWP, I don't know.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4237
DGM wrote:
Seen as TWP don't fall under the jurisdiction of CRL (we've been over this), why would you? They share news on the national sides and the domestic competitions, that's what their website is for (albeit, it's a pretty poorly updated one).

I'm not sure why this is all so confusing to you, or quite why you've decided to deviate down this road for so long without actually making a point as to why you're doing so. All very odd. Maybe you're just trying to find some sort of tiny victory in your fight against TWP, I don't know.


Given they are working hand in hand,you would at the very least expect to see to something concerning the TWP on the CRL site. After all they are the future.
Image
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm
DGM User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 2208
atomic wrote:
Given they are working hand in hand,you would at the very least expect to see to something concerning the TWP on the CRL site. After all they are the future.


Just a poorly updated website I imagine.

Anyway, I'm surprised you didn't find this in your Google searches earlier: Q&A earlier this year with Paul O'Keefe, President of the CRL:

https://rugbyleagueopinions.com/canada- ... ul-okeefe/

"In regards to professional clubs, we obviously are working with Toronto Wolfpack here in Canada."

So, that's both the Wolfpack & the CRL saying they work with one another. Cheers.
Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017.
Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013.
League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983.
League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:04 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4237
Toronto Wolfpack are giving Rugby League lots of media exposure in Canada.


Everything else seems to point too Rugby League World Cup 2025.Unless I'm missing your point.
Image
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:26 pm
mapleyther User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 2332
Location: Toronto (but my heart's in Leigh)
atomic wrote:
Canada RL was set up to redevelop the existing clubs and I presume thats where the current national team resides.

TWP are a completley different scenario and Perez has walked away from what we would call grass roots,in order to do what?

Why wasn't TWP placed under CRL? Why should they be a seperate entity to what Perez set out to do?



By the same token, Derek Beaumont has walked away from the grass roots, being fielding an academy team or teams - in order to do what? Exactly the same as Perez, put a winning team on the park and not have to wait decades for things to happen organically in order to get to Super League.

And UK RL can hardly talk about structure when the RFL and BARLA have the 'relationship' they have. And Leigh's relationship with local clubs has been 'patchy' to say the least.

I can understand you willing TWP to fail though - you're scared witless about what it could mean for your club.
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:18 pm
atomic User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Posts: 4237
mapleyther wrote:
By the same token, Derek Beaumont has walked away from the grass roots, being fielding an academy team or teams - in order to do what? Exactly the same as Perez, put a winning team on the park and not have to wait decades for things to happen organically in order to get to Super League.

And UK RL can hardly talk about structure when the RFL and BARLA have the 'relationship' they have. And Leigh's relationship with local clubs has been 'patchy' to say the least.

I can understand you willing TWP to fail though - you're scared witless about what it could mean for your club.


I have never said once,I want Toronto to fail. I'm more concerned on how they will survive. Championship is now fact. I'm not a hater as Perez puts it,but to be honest how the hell would SL create fixtures to meet it?

Lets get some reality here please. We here in Leigh do the talking on the pitch.
Image
Re: Toronto Wolfpack
Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm
kirkhall User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:36 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: Near Leyth
DGM wrote:
It's pretty damning to the Leigh club that Toronto will be bigger than them in pretty much every aspect after just a couple of years since their formation.

It just shows what can be achieved with some ambition, a clear plan, and the right about of business & commercial acumen. Great for RL.


You seem to getting less Points than any English Eurovision Song Contest entrant, I can ever remember!
I've read back through this thread and I'm wondering why, I even posted on it?
When Leigh Started playing Rugby league in 1895 Canada/Toronto were still trying to recruit 'Loggers' and Mounties!
Its taken you all this time to attempt to join us and, you've had to enlist eleven or more former Leigh players and their Mentor's! You then have the audacity to come on here and tell us we will soon be overtaken by Canadians!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bull Mania, Draexnael, Harold Rigby Jnr, peawapp, robsnan, shadrack, TimperleySaint, tiptop and 208 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,653,5151,74376,3124,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 27th Oct : 10:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
ENGLAND
Sat 28th Oct : 06:00
World Cup: Group C
  
PNG
v
WALES
Sat 28th Oct : 08:10
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SAMOA
Sat 28th Oct : 10:40
World Cup: Group D
  
FIJI
v
USA
Sun 29th Oct : 03:30
World Cup: Group B
  
IRELAND
v
ITALY
Sun 29th Oct : 05:00
World Cup: Group A
  
FRANCE
v
LEBANON
Sun 29th Oct : 06:15
World Cup: Group C/D
  
SCOTLAND
v
TONGA
Fri 3rd Nov : 09:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
FRANCE
Sat 4th Nov : 04:00
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SCOTLAND
Sat 4th Nov : 06:30
World Cup: Group B
  
SAMOA
v
TONGA
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM