FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 13 - 12 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - New Coach Needed
ColD 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 years263rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 08:1722nd Apr 24 19:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Onwards and upwards - LTID

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 7:04 am  
Cokey wrote:
So, are we any good or not? :?

Somewhere in between :D
ColD 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 200222 years263rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 08:1722nd Apr 24 19:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Onwards and upwards - LTID

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 7:10 am  
Ste100Centurions wrote:
"Some wins" Col ?

Where are they coming from ?

Hull FC away ? .... Cas at home ? Leeds away ? Wigan at home or Widnes away ?

Don't get me wrong Col, your faith is admirable, I wish I shared it (& did for a while), but with the likes of KR getting Justin Carney & going after Brough, coupled with the brain fart of allowing Ridyard to go & help a direct Q8's rival with a halves crisis, that faith is severely tested.

I will of course take my place in the NS & sing my head off throughout every game, but if it comes to the MPG, I fear the very worst.

Will Derek *who has been more than generous & devoted to the cause* have the stomach for another fight ???

& will the RFL close the shop 'again' once we are out ?

Widnes, Hudds away, Salford @home - we've run em close twice

Carney is a gamble, wouldn't imagine Brough is going anywhere

Not getting walloped in any games, there is enough in the current squad to grind the wins out - and I expect us to strengthen further for when it matters
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 18:3922nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 8:17 am  
It won't make one blind bit of difference what players are brought in,unless the technical discipline is addressed.
They have become progressively ill-disciplined since the loss at Wakey. Injuries,players out of position and bad calls from Refs all add to the frustration.

However,the lack of confidence is created by ill-discipline. I'm not saying the coaching staff are not working on it. I'm saying whatever is in place to combat it, isn't working and getting progressively worse.

Sort the discipline out and the confidence will flood back as will the points and defence. If it's left to dwindle with no immediate improvement,then there is no choice but to place someone in there who can sort it.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 05 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 17 05:0625th May 17 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 11:57 am  
atomic wrote:
It won't make one blind bit of difference what players are brought in,unless the technical discipline is addressed.
They have become progressively ill-disciplined since the loss at Wakey. Injuries,players out of position and bad calls from Refs all add to the frustration.

However,the lack of confidence is created by ill-discipline. I'm not saying the coaching staff are not working on it. I'm saying whatever is in place to combat it, isn't working and getting progressively worse.

Sort the discipline out and the confidence will flood back as will the points and defence. If it's left to dwindle with no immediate improvement,then there is no choice but to place someone in there who can sort it.

Finally, someone with some sense. Only I'd go a bit further. I'd get rid of Neil now. Paul Cooke as well. They've had a fair crack now and things are getting worse.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 02 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 08:0923rd Mar 20 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 2:39 pm  
TMan24tm wrote:
Finally, someone with some sense. Only I'd go a bit further. I'd get rid of Neil now. Paul Cooke as well. They've had a fair crack now and things are getting worse.

I dont agree with some of the team selections Jukes and Co make however, I dont know them and I dont the know players only, what I see on the Pitch. When you refer to our discipline, do you mean the amount of penalties we concede or the amount of times we knock someones head off?
Unfortunately Referees can give a penalty any time it suits them, irrespective of whether its deserved!
Whilst Adam Higson's Red Card was throughly deserved, the same Referee the week before only penalised Chris Hill for using his elbow followed, by an Head Butt :shock: He didnt think it even warranted 10 mins in the bin :shock: Our friends on the Reveiw Panel decided a Caution would suffice too :x Cant imagine any Leigh player would have been treated like Chris!
I thought Higsons Offence was a shocker however, so too was England & Wigan Captain Sean O'Loughlins tackle on Wakfield's Anniken? Anniken was serious injured and fortunately, Gaz O'Brian was only shook up!
I watched thse two tackles over and I cant see why one offence brings a 5 match ban and the other only warrants 1 match :THINK: Strangely, the the same Referee officiated in all three games these offences occurred!
Back to the Coaches, its taken them long enough but our Halfbacks now are looking more threatnening and, as their understanding increases so too will our plays! Unfortunately messers Tickle,Burr and Hopkins have committed more than their fair of loose carries thus, spoiling good opportunities. Having Cory Paterson back is a massive boost for the team and Coaches, lets hope we can gain a win soon!
Coaches must be allowed to go to the end of the season whatever happens!
Cokey 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21160
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 19 201113 years58th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 06:5825th Apr 24 18:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Signature

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 2:49 pm  
kirkhall wrote:
I dont agree with some of the team selections Jukes and Co make however, I dont know them and I dont the know players only, what I see on the Pitch. When you refer to our discipline, do you mean the amount of penalties we concede or the amount of times we knock someones head off?
Unfortunately Referees can give a penalty any time it suits them, irrespective of whether its deserved!
Whilst Adam Higson's Red Card was throughly deserved, the same Referee the week before only penalised Chris Hill for using his elbow followed, by an Head Butt :shock: He didnt think it even warranted 10 mins in the bin :shock: Our friends on the Reveiw Panel decided a Caution would suffice too :x Cant imagine any Leigh player would have been treated like Chris!
I thought Higsons Offence was a shocker however, so too was England & Wigan Captain Sean O'Loughlins tackle on Wakfield's Anniken? Anniken was serious injured and fortunately, Gaz O'Brian was only shook up!
I watched thse two tackles over and I cant see why one offence brings a 5 match ban and the other only warrants 1 match :THINK: Strangely, the the same Referee officiated in all three games these offences occurred!
Back to the Coaches, its taken them long enough but our Halfbacks now are looking more threatnening and, as their understanding increases so too will our plays! Unfortunately messers Tickle,Burr and Hopkins have committed more than their fair of loose carries thus, spoiling good opportunities. Having Cory Paterson back is a massive boost for the team and Coaches, lets hope we can gain a win soon!

I can, one plays for Leigh whilst the other plays for Wigoon.

point of contact = 1 Match ban

Point of contact = 5 Match ban
This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Apr 24 18:3922nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: New Coach Needed : Thu May 25, 2017 4:16 pm  
kirkhall wrote:

I couldn't care less what others are getting or not. Hilly and O'Loughlin are current internationals,their status alone will always outweigh the likes of Higson.

Its the ruck area we have issues with. Cory Paterson 2/3 infringements against Salford,not really a boost,but very costly. Two or three players following suit and the game is over.Thats the ill-discipline thats costs you and has been apparent since the loss at Wakefield.

Loose carries,knock-ons all part of the game.Technical infringements is what lets them down. Frustration then sets in,no flow of the ball and someone gets binned as they lose all cohesion.Theres no call "back too basics"...

You can slow the opposition down with ball in hand,you dont always have to do it defending.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 02 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 08:0923rd Mar 20 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Coach Needed : Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 pm  
atomic wrote:
I couldn't care less what others are getting or not. Hilly and O'Loughlin are current internationals,their status alone will always outweigh the likes of Higson.

Its the ruck area we have issues with. Cory Paterson 2/3 infringements against Salford,not really a boost,but very costly. Two or three players following suit and the game is over.Thats the ill-discipline thats costs you and has been apparent since the loss at Wakefield.

Loose carries,knock-ons all part of the game.Technical infringements is what lets them down. Frustration then sets in,no flow of the ball and someone gets binned as they lose all cohesion.Theres no call "back too basics"...

You can slow the opposition down with ball in hand,you dont always have to do it defending.

Current Internationals eh, now't like justice is there :D
Loose carries part of the game? they are however, if you multiply them by 14 (the rest of the team) we'd never have any play :lol:
I kept shouting on Sunday,that Lui kept knocking the ball down out of our players hands :shock: I thought that was his knock on? apparently not! come on boys lets implement it ! Oh. while we are doing that don't forget to ball steal when there are two in the tackle or, is that rule for Masila only :THINK:
We seem to be struggling recently bringing the likes of Masilla and Fifita down, can anyone remember the old 'short arm tackle' ? some of the smallest players in the histoty of the game have brought the big guys down with this method and, it really does hurt the big boys! Gerry Helme and both Tommy Martyns were experts in this art!
reffy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 years240th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 08:3022nd Apr 24 16:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Coach Needed : Fri May 26, 2017 2:15 pm  
No point tackling the big guys high, you just get swatted off, they can't go without their ankles.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1095No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 23 20177 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Feb 23 13:516th Feb 23 11:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: New Coach Needed : Fri May 26, 2017 9:14 pm  
Take it we still need a new coach like I said last week jukes deserves to end of season now we got an away win he will be best thing since sliced bread you lot need to stick by your club instead of slating the lads they are doing there best they not going out there to lose every week
PreviousNext