WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - an idea or answer o our problem

Board index Super League Leigh Centurions an idea or answer o our problem

an idea or answer o our problem

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

ok i've been thinking , yes we are starting an academy that will cost 200 k a year to run derek said so let's save some money don't have an academy and let wigan warrington st. helens do the leg work for us then rape and pillage these clubs for there best talent when these kids come through they are on peanuts we would be able to afford to give them a decent wage to come to shangrila. don't forget these pubs have to offer these kids a contract in there final year if the contract is not good enough we can nick them yes a small fee may be paid but we will have a few bob in the bank from the savings made . all the top talent in the north west come through these academies it will take ten years for us to catch them. we just need a few scouts attending the academy games and snatch em

Re: an idea or answer o our problem

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:41 am
Paul_Lyon Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Nice idea, but here is my take...
It doesn't have to be either/or. We can do both (as funds allow)
If we don't have an academy it relies on...
We can spot players that other teams are prepared to release.
We can beat "competition" to,their signature including their current club.
Bringing in players to learn Leigh's way of playing is hard. Better to develop them from young. E.g Ryan Hampshire prefers half back- but it's seen as a gamble to do that - had he been at the club since 16, it would be an option for us)
Leigh is a hotbed of talent - the academy would show young players a way to become a pro if that's what they want.
Cheers, p.

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 am
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

better than what we have at moment

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:25 pm
atomic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Do Leigh not have a scout? I can see your way of thinking which is logical. Just not to sure who would get second dabs on them.If the academy at lets say Wire is so good,then why are they handing out contracts to young Union wingers..

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:
Do Leigh not have a scout? I can see your way of thinking which is logical. Just not to sure who would get second dabs on them.If the academy at lets say Wire is so good,then why are they handing out contracts to young Union wingers..

your answer to both questions is that i don't know

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 pm
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Twelve clubs have been awarded Category 1 Academy status following a detailed assessment of their performance and structure.

It is the first time clubs have been assessed in such detail and builds on the successful Academy accreditation system that has taken place in each of the last four years.

Six clubs – Hull FC, Leeds Rhinos, St Helens, Warrington Wolves, Widnes Vikings and Wigan Warriors – have been rated as ‘outstanding’ in recognition of the excellence of their junior development programmes from age 12 upwards.

Five other clubs – Bradford Bulls, Huddersfield Giants, Hull Kingston Rovers, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and Catalans Dragons – have been rated as ‘good’ after making significant improvements over the last 12 months.

Castleford Tigers were rated as ‘requires improvement’ but the assessment recognised the strides the club has made since last year.

London Broncos and Salford Red Devils did not reach the required standards for Category 1 standard.

Under the accreditation process, clubs are assessed in three key areas:

Quality of leadership and management – the strategy and vision of the Academy and progress made;

How well Academies meet the needs of players - the welfare, education and safeguarding that is in place;

Delivery of player development system - the approaches used to optimise the development of players through to first grade and England.

RFL Director of Performance and Coaching Jon Roberts said: “This is the fifth year that we conducted an audit process and I am pleased to report that the trend continues to be one of improvement as clubs strive for excellence throughout their Academy programmes.

“The standards of players emerging from our club Academies increases year on year and that player supply is having a positive impact on both Super League and England.

“Whilst it is disappointing that two clubs do not meet Category 1 standard, we will continue to work with Salford and London to help them address the issues they are having with their Academies.

“In the meantime both clubs have been advised to apply for Category 2 Academy status as part of the ongoing Category 2 accreditation process.”

The full Super League Academy Accreditation 2015 assessments are available to view by clicking here

- See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/article/330 ... n1Clo.dpuf

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 pm
atomic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Thats a 2015 Super League Academy Accreditation..I would say the game is going backwards based on that. Hence no 2016 assessments.

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:39 pm
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:
Thats a 2015 Super League Academy Accreditation..I would say the game is going backwards based on that. Hence no 2016 assessments.

have you any idea how long these assessments take the game will not go backwards if every club gets to a cat 1 outstanding level on a regular basis . by the way did you see which club achieved this on a regular basis
the results have been done for 2016 just not published 2017 ongoing

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm
atomic User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Would that be the same team that carries success! Success being the key word.How do you entice players other than money,to a club in SL. Lots of bridges,communication and pathways still to built before we are a Super League club. First port of call,is staying in it.

Post Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:51 pm
mr. chairman User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

atomic wrote:
Would that be the same team that carries success! Success being the key word.How do you entice players other than money,to a club in SL. Lots of bridges,communication and pathways still to built before we are a Super League club. First port of call,is staying in it.

well i took your advice regarding my eyes and mr gill said they are perfect would you like me to book you in bingo your right it was wigan ask me how long it took them to get to that level while we were dismantling our own . i know i was there , where was you
Next