WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What and when?

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions What and when?

Re: What and when?
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm
Posted by Tom G on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm
Tom G User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

He’s not no. The thought of it fills me with dread if he continues.
Up the Leythers.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:49 pm
Posted by Peter Kay on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:49 pm
Peter Kay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Mr chantler wants to save money by asking players to make there own way to Fev game as coach bill is a little bit behind.
Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh

//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,258

Fev are in the same boat as us they struggling for pennies to they have released hock and a few others
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:20 pm
Posted by Harold Rigby Jnr on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:20 pm
Harold Rigby Jnr User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

It's not all doom and gloom. There are plenty positives.

I am informed Derek has held productive talks with a potential investors, not only new ones, but also including a previous one from before Sporting Club Leigh's formation keen to come back into the fold, as well as one, not known to be short of a few bob who has sponsored matches before. All very encouraging.

I was also speaking to one of our shirt sponsors yesterday and he has told me his company, and he believes most of the other shirt sponsors, are all on board next season. Great to hear.

Purtil HAS been told he has a job next season. He is the man I would choose to over haul the playing register, lead recruitment for 2019, implement new structures and begin building up from the grass roots. I am pleased about that.

However no one actually knows the RFL structure for 2019. Unbelievably it is not yet confirmed so that is making life more complex for the current custodians, potential new investors, Head Coach and players alike, especially around the offering of 2019 coaching and playing contracts.

I do agree about communication though, it is absolutely woeful.

As an aside I am hearing all is not well at Featherstone either, for very similar reasons.

The game is in trouble, and chopping and changing structures does not attract investors, sponsors or fans to it.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 pm
Posted by ColD on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:45 pm
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 84

Peter Kay wrote:
Mr chantler wants to save money by asking players to make there own way to Fev game as coach bill is a little bit behind.

Do you really have to keep doing this all the time??

And if that's not true can he be banned, or is he allowed to make up stories like that about the club?? If we can it's Stella time, and I could have a field day by 10pm :D :D
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm
Posted by Alan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,258

Peter Kay wrote:

I'm willing to wager that a good half of our squad come from Yorkshire and would have been making their way to Featherstone under their own steam, anyway!
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:52 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:52 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,258

A statement has now been made and it does at least let us know that KC has gone and appears to not be pulling a wage from here forward, same for Morts and Lovett. Good news in the circumstances re contracts and especially that KC has gone (no malice intended I just believe it best for our future). The statement also mentions the other players that have moved on. I wish info had been more timely but at least it is now done.
Thanks for the updates HR. I always trust that you supply info (positive and negative) with the best intentions of keeping people informed (appropriately) whenever you can.
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm
Posted by Alan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,258

Harold Rigby Jnr wrote:
It's not all doom and gloom. There are plenty positives.

I am informed Derek has held productive talks with a potential investors, not only new ones, but also including a previous one from before Sporting Club Leigh's formation keen to come back into the fold, as well as one, not known to be short of a few bob who has sponsored matches before. All very encouraging.

I was also speaking to one of our shirt sponsors yesterday and he has told me his company, and he believes most of the other shirt sponsors, are all on board next season. Great to hear.

Purtil HAS been told he has a job next season. He is the man I would choose to over haul the playing register, lead recruitment for 2019, implement new structures and begin building up from the grass roots. I am pleased about that.

However no one actually knows the RFL structure for 2019. Unbelievably it is not yet confirmed so that is making life more complex for the current custodians, potential new investors, Head Coach and players alike, especially around the offering of 2019 coaching and playing contracts.

I do agree about communication though, it is absolutely woeful.

As an aside I am hearing all is not well at Featherstone either, for very similar reasons.

The game is in trouble, and chopping and changing structures does not attract investors, sponsors or fans to it.

Harold,

Many, many thanks for that positive post! It's good to know what kind of efforts are actually going on behind the scenes - although it gives me no satisfaction to hear that Fev may be having similar problems. It looks like Salford, Leeds and Widnes may have things mostly their own way in next season's Championship! :wink:
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Vancouver Leyther wrote:
A statement has now been made and it does at least let us know that KC has gone and appears to not be pulling a wage from here forward, same for Morts and Lovett. Good news in the circumstances re contracts and especially that KC has gone (no malice intended I just believe it best for our future). The statement also mentions the other players that have moved on. I wish info had been more timely but at least it is now done.
Thanks for the updates HR. I always trust that you supply info (positive and negative) with the best intentions of keeping people informed (appropriately) whenever you can.

It’s all what we all already known though they need tell us what’s going on in other news
Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,258

Peter Kay wrote:

:SLEEPY:
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
PreviousNext