WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - One coming the other way!

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions One coming the other way!

Re: One coming the other way!
Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 am
Posted by Krzzystuff on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 am
Krzzystuff Stevo's Armpit

mapleyther wrote:
Canadians are well-known and respected all around the world for not being American :D

Lol so true.
Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 am
Posted by Krzzystuff on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:35 am
Krzzystuff Stevo's Armpit

atomic wrote:
Oh! This is going to be a fun season..

Probably the best ever! The Championship is definitely going to be at its best I've ever seen! First year of watching RL mind you...
Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 am
Posted by GUBRATS on Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 am
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Krzzystuff wrote:
Well let's hope that the NA market can bring in some much needed money to the competition as the English game is in dire need of it with the new NRL wages. Also the money needs to be spread to all the divisions so there isn't such a massive quality gap between the tiers.

New to the sport and especially to the unique RFL fan viewpoints but I do have high hopes for the sport growing over in NA and don't think we will go the way of previous expansion efforts as we started from the bottom, have great corporate sponsorships and most importantly a passionate fan of the game with deep pockets.

Argyle isn't in this for the money and Perez is apparently on a mission from the founding father's of RL to ensure that the game gets the recognition it deserves.

I understand that a lot of fans are doubtful as they have seen this fail many times before but I will be positive and seeing as you are the team to beat next season I'll do my best to bust your guys chops!

If anyone is coming over for the game in Canada let me know as I'm planning on going the games against you, Toulouse and the home opener.

Cheers and may you finish a strong second!

I see you've found our home site , and met some of our supporters , everybody is welcome at Leigh both physically and virtually , don't worry about upsetting some of the natives , some would have an argument in an empty room

Like Maurice I also hope that Toronto do succeed and that as you suggest money does enter and filter down , although I have my doubts

If I bump into ' Eric ' , I will be asking him what his plans ( long term ) were for Leigh when they tried to buy us , if of course he offers an honest answer

Anyway all the best , no doubt bump into you on t'uther site
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Post Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Vancouver Leyther wrote:
How many Canadians have you met Budge ?

I've met about 3 million.....a couple of old Candian blokes were quite friendly once though, met them in Vaughan, Ontario.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:11 am
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:11 am
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Budgiezilla wrote:
I've met about 3 million.....a couple of old Candian blokes were quite friendly once though, met them in Vaughan, Ontario.

Yon Vaughan must've been a big lad, Budge. Does he play? Bongser is already pretty sure positionally :?
Post Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:10 am
Posted by Vancouver Leyther on Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:10 am
Vancouver Leyther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Budgiezilla wrote:

There's the problem. You need to come out to the west coast to find the really nice Canadian...............
Just kidding Maple :wink:
I watch every game on DVD (thanks Fred) but it will never beat being behind the sticks.
"Come On You Leigh !"
Previous