WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Championship Beckoning

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions Championship Beckoning

Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm
PAC Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Told you we was coming for ya :)
Anyhow good luck for the rest of the 8's, I'm sure even if you lot aren't that you will be ok.

PAC.
Ex Hull KR TV season pass holder.Ex HKR lottery member. Ex Hull KR half season pass holder.
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

PAC wrote:
Told you we was coming for ya :)
Anyhow good luck for the rest of the 8's, I'm sure even if you lot aren't that you will be ok.

PAC.

Hi Peter , well done , you deserved the win , but why oh why we aren't running the ball when 2 up , god only knows

I feel we will be playing you again this year
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

robinrovers10 wrote:
I think If Langi wasn't playing we would have won by a few more. He is a very good player. Cant believe how turd Stewart has turned out, he was great for Manly, surely you must have a lad in the academy who can turn in a better performance than him.
You played fairly well, but I feel you have one veteran too many, Tickle is gone, Higham doesn't look half the player he was, McNally is very over-rated. I think you missed Brown who is a game changer, Luckily for us Mortimer had an off game, the other Aussie half back is tosh, epitome of oversees crap.

Too big and too old. I said last year Leigh built a team to get out of the Championship, big players who could bully the opposition and enough quality in the backs to take advantage. It was not rocket science to work out players like Mcnally and Higson are nowhere near good enough for SL and other players a year older and were already on the way down the quality ladder in SL before signing for Leigh. Its a tough transition to make and it is so important for Leigh they stay in SL and build but bringing the players in needed to do that will always be difficult with Jukes in charge.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 am
PAC Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

GUBRATS wrote:
Hi Peter , well done , you deserved the win , but why oh why we aren't running the ball when 2 up , god only knows

I feel we will be playing you again this year

Thanks but I hope we don't play you guys again tbh.
We do my head in when we don't take the east 2 on offer I must admit but coaches usually instead of sticking the 2 fingers up leave it to the players on the pitch. As we all know sometimes those players are not too bright !
Good luck for the remaining games

PAC
Ex Hull KR TV season pass holder.Ex HKR lottery member. Ex Hull KR half season pass holder.
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 am
Montyburns Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Toronto will be hard to beat next season with aston Simms and Dave Taylor up front and whoever else they sign so if we go down it could be hard to return
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 am
Centurino User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

robinrovers10 wrote:
I think If Langi wasn't playing we would have won by a few more. He is a very good player. Cant believe how turd Stewart has turned out, he was great for Manly, surely you must have a lad in the academy who can turn in a better performance than him.
You played fairly well, but I feel you have one veteran too many, Tickle is gone, Higham doesn't look half the player he was, McNally is very over-rated. I think you missed Brown who is a game changer, Luckily for us Mortimer had an off game, the other Aussie half back is tosh, epitome of oversees crap.

Tickle has been a rock this year, Mr. Consistent. I don't have the numbers, but has probably done the most minutes season-wide. MVP for me.
Previous