WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Championship Beckoning

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions Championship Beckoning

Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm
PAC Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:16 pm
Posts: 2751
Location: Pontefract.

Told you we was coming for ya :)
Anyhow good luck for the rest of the 8's, I'm sure even if you lot aren't that you will be ok.

PAC.
Ex Hull KR TV season pass holder.Ex HKR lottery member. Ex Hull KR half season pass holder.
Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 1753
PAC wrote:
Told you we was coming for ya :)
Anyhow good luck for the rest of the 8's, I'm sure even if you lot aren't that you will be ok.

PAC.


Hi Peter , well done , you deserved the win , but why oh why we aren't running the ball when 2 up , god only knows

I feel we will be playing you again this year
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 am
Posts: 7715
robinrovers10 wrote:
I think If Langi wasn't playing we would have won by a few more. He is a very good player. Cant believe how turd Stewart has turned out, he was great for Manly, surely you must have a lad in the academy who can turn in a better performance than him.
You played fairly well, but I feel you have one veteran too many, Tickle is gone, Higham doesn't look half the player he was, McNally is very over-rated. I think you missed Brown who is a game changer, Luckily for us Mortimer had an off game, the other Aussie half back is tosh, epitome of oversees crap.


Too big and too old. I said last year Leigh built a team to get out of the Championship, big players who could bully the opposition and enough quality in the backs to take advantage. It was not rocket science to work out players like Mcnally and Higson are nowhere near good enough for SL and other players a year older and were already on the way down the quality ladder in SL before signing for Leigh. Its a tough transition to make and it is so important for Leigh they stay in SL and build but bringing the players in needed to do that will always be difficult with Jukes in charge.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein


"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein


"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:22 am
PAC Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:16 pm
Posts: 2751
Location: Pontefract.

GUBRATS wrote:
Hi Peter , well done , you deserved the win , but why oh why we aren't running the ball when 2 up , god only knows

I feel we will be playing you again this year

Thanks but I hope we don't play you guys again tbh.
We do my head in when we don't take the east 2 on offer I must admit but coaches usually instead of sticking the 2 fingers up leave it to the players on the pitch. As we all know sometimes those players are not too bright !
Good luck for the remaining games

PAC
Ex Hull KR TV season pass holder.Ex HKR lottery member. Ex Hull KR half season pass holder.
Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 am
Montyburns Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 297
Toronto will be hard to beat next season with aston Simms and Dave Taylor up front and whoever else they sign so if we go down it could be hard to return
Re: Championship Beckoning
Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:17 am
Centurino User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:44 am
Posts: 191
robinrovers10 wrote:
I think If Langi wasn't playing we would have won by a few more. He is a very good player. Cant believe how turd Stewart has turned out, he was great for Manly, surely you must have a lad in the academy who can turn in a better performance than him.
You played fairly well, but I feel you have one veteran too many, Tickle is gone, Higham doesn't look half the player he was, McNally is very over-rated. I think you missed Brown who is a game changer, Luckily for us Mortimer had an off game, the other Aussie half back is tosh, epitome of oversees crap.


Tickle has been a rock this year, Mr. Consistent. I don't have the numbers, but has probably done the most minutes season-wide. MVP for me.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Brian Wood, gunners guns13, maurice, mh, Mookachaka, Vancouver Leyther and 164 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,652,8721,31676,3064,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 27th Oct : 10:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
ENGLAND
Sat 28th Oct : 06:00
World Cup: Group C
  
PNG
v
WALES
Sat 28th Oct : 08:10
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SAMOA
Sat 28th Oct : 10:40
World Cup: Group D
  
FIJI
v
USA
Sun 29th Oct : 03:30
World Cup: Group B
  
IRELAND
v
ITALY
Sun 29th Oct : 05:00
World Cup: Group A
  
FRANCE
v
LEBANON
Sun 29th Oct : 06:15
World Cup: Group C/D
  
SCOTLAND
v
TONGA
Fri 3rd Nov : 09:00
World Cup: Group A
  
AUSTRALIA
v
FRANCE
Sat 4th Nov : 04:00
World Cup: Group B
  
NEW ZEALAND
v
SCOTLAND
Sat 4th Nov : 06:30
World Cup: Group B
  
SAMOA
v
TONGA
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM