WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SL GAME 11: Leigh V Hull FC: Actual match discussion.

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Leigh Centurions SL GAME 11: Leigh V Hull FC: Actual match discussion.

Posted by renniethebear on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:16 am
renniethebear User avatar
Strong-running second rower

It's a relatively simple fix for me. Stop letting Reynolds be so dominant in the halves. He should be backing up and taking the line on, not running the show. The game against Widnes showcased this, you have martyn ridyard on the pitch, who is the brains and the boot and gets us round the pitch. He was completely overshadowed by Reynolds trying to get involved in everything. Riddy touched the ball 2-3 times near their line and we scored. We are missing some massively influential figures at the minute, Paterson is the main one for me, hopefully we get a fully fit best 13 out on the field before the damage is done.
Lesley is a girls name.
Posted by Peter Kay on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 am
Peter Kay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The team look shot , to old slow etc ...drinkwater needs help & wr can only seem to score from 10 yards out
Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh

//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]
Posted by Cokey on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 am
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 12th / 76,378

Quiz Score: 0

renniethebear wrote:
It's a relatively simple fix for me. Stop letting Reynolds be so dominant in the halves. He should be backing up and taking the line on, not running the show. The game against Widnes showcased this, you have martyn ridyard on the pitch, who is the brains and the boot and gets us round the pitch. He was completely overshadowed by Reynolds trying to get involved in everything. Riddy touched the ball 2-3 times near their line and we scored. We are missing some massively influential figures at the minute, Paterson is the main one for me, hopefully we get a fully fit best 13 out on the field before the damage is done.

Agree with that rennie,good post. Was riddy injured yesterday?or was he not picked?
Image Image Image
Posted by Alan on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:36 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cokey wrote:
Agree with that rennie,good post. Was riddy injured yesterday?or was he not picked?

He was injured I believe. He appeared to hurt his foot/ankle at Salford and was limping quite heavily.
Posted by Cokey on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:41 am
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Alan wrote:
He was injured I believe. He appeared to hurt his foot/ankle at Salford and was limping quite heavily.

Thanks Alan. :thumb:
Image Image Image
Posted by Dave K. on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

propforward 2338 wrote:
Hull kr sent a mainly academy team to Toulouse yesterday and gave a very good account of themselves,and in doing so rested first team players for this weeks cup tie at LSV.In my opinion all sl clubs should have to have an academy team or reserve team.We will never develop youngsters in this country without doing so

It wasn't an academy team, think it had 3/4 academy players, a lot of young squad players though and think it was a young side.
Posted by GUBRATS on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:08 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

renniethebear wrote:

Rennie , against Widnes we scored 4 try's , Riddy set up 2 , Reynolds set up 2
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Posted by renniethebear on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 am
renniethebear User avatar

It was riddy and Hampshire with two each. given the amount of ball that goes/went through Reynolds, riddy is far more clinical. Bit like having a striker in football who needs 10 chances to bag one goal.
Lesley is a girls name.
Posted by Willzay on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 7th / 76,378

Peter Kay wrote:
The team look shot , to old slow etc ...drinkwater needs help & wr can only seem to score from 10 yards out

I'm pretty sure I got slated for this when I said it at the start of the season.
Posted by Cokey on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:57 am
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Willzay wrote:
I'm pretty sure I got slated for this when I said it at the start of the season.

And rightly so.
Image Image Image
Previous