WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game

Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1428
Location: Sunny Southport
Wires71 wrote:
I thought you were a big advocate of Patton?

Not sure where you got that idea from. I wanted him to have a fair crack of the whip is all. Not sure throwing a half back combination together against Wigan is totally fair, but we will see.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10450
Captain Hook wrote:
Not sure where you got that idea from. I wanted him to have a fair crack of the whip is all. Not sure throwing a half back combination together against Wigan is totally fair, but we will see.


It was a genuine question - I must have been mistaken, sorry.

No it perhaps is a tall order for Patton but he will be playing against a similarily aged half-back in George Wlliams (7 months older).

In terms of fair crack of the whip Patton has now played 60+ games for the 1st team since his debut 3 1/2 years ago. He can't afford to leave it much longer before impressing at the highest level.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1428
Location: Sunny Southport
I have no axe to grind but Williams has hardly set the world alight since his marquee upgrade.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am
Posted by Wires71 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10450
Captain Hook wrote:
I have no axe to grind but Williams has hardly set the world alight since his marquee upgrade.


No, but his form is getting better as the season goes on. Put it this way I'd swap him for Patton in a heartbeat.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:18 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:18 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1428
Location: Sunny Southport
Wires71 wrote:
No, but his form is getting better as the season goes on. Put it this way I'd swap him for Patton in a heartbeat.

I’m not really arguing but Williams has been allowed to play in a settled position for a considerable period of time while his form has been well below par compare Patton.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:47 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10450
Captain Hook wrote:
I’m not really arguing but Williams has been allowed to play in a settled position for a considerable period of time while his form has been well below par compare Patton.


No arguments, just debate. Your point is true however I would counter with that Williams has previously excelled in the role and gained international recognition at that position. Patton has not, and he has had a good number of chances as starting half.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Mike Cooper Banned For 1 Game
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:08 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1428
Location: Sunny Southport
Wires71 wrote:
No arguments, just debate. Your point is true however I would counter with that Williams has previously excelled in the role and gained international recognition at that position. Patton has not, and he has had a good number of chances as starting half.

A very valid point. I just have a gut feeling that there is adecent player in there (Patton) but I struggle to identify why I think that!
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boss Hog, Google [Bot], moving on..., St Helens Wolf, Terry Griffiths, Wolves4Ever and 157 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,821,7821,28277,3074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 9th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Fri 22nd Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 2nd Mar 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 7th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 15th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 21st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 29th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 5th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Fri 12th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 19th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
SALFORD
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 3rd May 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
WARRINGTON
Sat 18th May 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Thu 6th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






21