Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 pm
Posted by karetaker on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:23 pm
karetaker Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 276

http://www.rugby-league.com/article/531 ... -for-final

Also in that piece it says Bodene Thompson is playing this week.
Re: Atkins.
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 am
Posted by moving on... on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 am
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

If Price puts him straight back into the team I'd be bitterly disappointed. Toby hasn't done anything to warrant being dropped.
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2018

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 am
Posted by just_browny on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 am
just_browny Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

At Wembley we need to pick a team to win the game. Both King and Atkins are good players and I wouldn't be worried about either.

Catalans' left edge, with Wiliame, Edwards and Yaha, is devastating and is a big part of their success. So the question must be: what is the best selection to nullify that threat, and do we have enough of a threat of our own to put Catalans under pressure down that side?

At this stage I think that a fit Atkins might just be the better option. He is an aggressive runner and defender and can take petrol out of the tank of people like Wiliame and Edwards. Edwards is also a bit of a bully/nice person, and I think Ryan has the temperament not to get wound up by him. If Atkins can drag Yaha into a tackle with the odd big charge, you can see there being the room outside for Charnley to make an impact.
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Horne > Myler

Best back row in the game?
Odemwingie wrote:
Depends what you're looking for.

Burgess, Ellis and Thaiday for strenth and being a nother prop.

If you want the whole package then Lockers is the best right now.

boz the warrior wrote:
lee briers is a nice person whoooo luck at lee forming a scrum the wire bum banger

Northampton_Saint wrote:
We have the best pack in the league pretty much,
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 am
Posted by Fantastic Mr Catpiss on Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:41 am
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

just_browny wrote:
At Wembley we need to pick a team to win the game. Both King and Atkins are good players and I wouldn't be worried about either.

Catalans' left edge, with Wiliame, Edwards and Yaha, is devastating and is a big part of their success. So the question must be: what is the best selection to nullify that threat, and do we have enough of a threat of our own to put Catalans under pressure down that side?

At this stage I think that a fit Atkins might just be the better option. He is an aggressive runner and defender and can take petrol out of the tank of people like Wiliame and Edwards. Edwards is also a bit of a bully/nice person, and I think Ryan has the temperament not to get wound up by him. If Atkins can drag Yaha into a tackle with the odd big charge, you can see there being the room outside for Charnley to make an impact.

you've just give me waking nightmares about roberts trying to tackle edwards.
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

just_browny wrote:

You can remove Atkins from your mind. It's not happening.
once a wire always a wire
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 am
Posted by moving on... on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:26 am
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

just_browny wrote:
So the question must be: what is the best selection to nullify that threat, and do we have enough of a threat of our own to put Catalans under pressure down that side?

At this stage I think that a fit Atkins might just be the better option. He is an aggressive runner and defender

Aggressive defender? His defensive game along with his passing abilty is his weakness. Not sure Which atkins you watch. At Wembley we need someone who can make a break and finish, or failing that have the footballing brain and ability release the ball onto a support runner to finish off our chances. Atkins has the ability to do 2/3 of those things, Toby has the ability to do all 3.
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

1876 - 2018

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:20 am
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:20 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 77,218

Atkins has the size strength and pace for an impact second rower off the bench for my liking

A bench of Atkins, Murdoch-Masila, Phlibin and Patton would be my ideal for the rest of the season.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:15 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,218

Psychedelic Casual wrote:
Atkins has the size strength and pace for an impact second rower off the bench for my liking

A bench of Atkins, Murdoch-Masila, Phlibin and Patton would be my ideal for the rest of the season.

We still fade when Hill and Cooper go off and that bench wouldnt help matters I don't think. 2 prop forwards on the bench for me.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 am
Posted by moving on... on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 am
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Psychedelic Casual wrote:

2nd row forwards dont get subbed often if at all these days, they're expected to do 80minutes. Loose Forward often gets a blow but putting Atkins in a pivitol position? nah mate.
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

1876 - 2018

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

moving on... wrote:
2nd row forwards dont get subbed often if at all these days, they're expected to do 80minutes. Loose Forward often gets a blow but putting Atkins in a pivitol position? nah mate.

Spot on.
3 big units and a utility back for me too.
once a wire always a wire
Next