WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Last 12 months - Wire and Saints Transformations

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Last 12 months - Wire and Saints Transformations

Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm
Psychedelic Casual Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:46 pm
Posts: 951
Location: Manchester
sally cinnamon wrote:
The current squad is not too dissimilar to the one that won the league leaders' shield in 2016.

The main differences since then are:
Roberts for Sandow
K Brown for Gidley
Goodwin for R Evans
Cooper for Sims
BMM for Westerman

The other main differences are that Chris Hill is a shadow of his former self, Westwood is not even half the player he was, we have no interchange hooker...
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by silver2 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:06 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 1073
Location: Warrington
Westwood looked fine on Friday.
Posted by Lord Tony Smith on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 pm
Lord Tony Smith User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 pm
Posts: 8115
Location: Warrington
AS108 wrote:
I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion when we’ve conceded 7 tries and scored 26 in 5 games. It also says a lot that you weren’t impressed with us yet we still won by 18 points. As for Price, to appoint someone with such a poor record was just incompetence at its finest. His record speaks for itself and 6 games in, if I was a wire fan I’d expect to see at least some signs of improvement by now but instead every performance has been just as bad as each other with the one exception of Wigan which still was poor in attack.


There’s not one saints fan who would take any of those players in place of the ones you said. I’d happily have Hill but Thompson and Walmsley are both miles better than him atm, Thompson is second for metres made and Walmsley isn’t far behind. Roby is still a fair bit better than Clark which says a lot considering his age and BMM looks awful and Peyroux is in better form and is the most improved player in this league.

You've played nobody that's why. Come back to me in five weeks when you've played some decent teams like Hull, Leeds and Wigan etc.

As for you taking Thompson and Peyroux over Hill and BMM you must be the most blinkered Saints fan I've ever come across. Astounding.
Posted by the flying biscuit on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:27 pm
the flying biscuit User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:37 pm
Posts: 5559
Location: Not saving souls, or breaking promises
AS108 wrote:
I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion when we’ve conceded 7 tries and scored 26 in 5 games. It also says a lot that you weren’t impressed with us yet we still won by 18 points. As for Price, to appoint someone with such a poor record was just incompetence at its finest. His record speaks for itself and 6 games in, if I was a wire fan I’d expect to see at least some signs of improvement by now but instead every performance has been just as bad as each other with the one exception of Wigan which still was poor in attack.


There’s not one saints fan who would take any of those players in place of the ones you said. I’d happily have Hill but Thompson and Walmsley are both miles better than him atm, Thompson is second for metres made and Walmsley isn’t far behind. Roby is still a fair bit better than Clark which says a lot considering his age and BMM looks awful and Peyroux is in better form and is the most improved player in this league.


1.you've no idea how he came to the conclusion "the game was there for the taking at half time"???? you were winnning by 2 points...TWO :shock:

2.last season good sides put 50 on us not 18

3.how did Prices record compare with Holbrooks...Price was assistant for two grand final wins, Holbrook none. price was offered the coaching job of an NRL team Holbrook none.

4. correct Wire only beat teams who are poor, Jet-lagged, full of kids, tired or riddled with disease.

5. and Peyroux ...well I Leave this from saddened back in August 2015

Saddened! wrote:

Did anyone see Peyroux's performance this weekend? I've reassessed him and am now convinced he's the worst overseas signing we've ever made. I'd love to hear who's idea it was to sign him. He looks like a rabbit in the headlights, like he's 17 and has never played the game once. He's got that look Maurie had when he first signed, only without the excuse of never having played the game. His defense is absolutely appalling. He is consistently beaten by anyone stepping to his left and he has no physicality in the tackle at all. With the he looks petrified, darting about making exaggerated dummies until he's tackled. He never takes it in hard and in the three games I've seen he's not done a thing worthy of note.

Peyroux is another Dawson. He'll play due to injuries, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the club. Our standards have definitely lowered.
Image
2009..........2010...........2011............2012..........2016..........2017
Posted by Wires71 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 am
Wires71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 9934
the flying biscuit wrote:
1.you've no idea how he came to the conclusion "the game was there for the taking at half time"???? you were winnning by 2 points...TWO :shock:

2.last season good sides put 50 on us not 18

3.how did Prices record compare with Holbrooks...Price was assistant for two grand final wins, Holbrook none. price was offered the coaching job of an NRL team Holbrook none.

4. correct Wire only beat teams who are poor, Jet-lagged, full of kids, tired or riddled with disease.

5. and Peyroux ...well I Leave this from saddened back in August 2015




FB you can't argue with the point that Saints seem to have turned around and we are still looking like we did in 2017.

I thought we would end up 3/6 at the start of the season but secretly I was hoping for a miraculus turnaround in playing style :(
https://www.mind.org.uk
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:15 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 10570
My honest opinion....
In 2018 we are much better than the results show.
There is so much scope for improvement as our pack is better and working hard...the inside backs are way off with returning from injury hampering the combinations....
....I couldn't say that in 2017.

And....its also easy for me to be negative than to post positive posts and be wrong about results over and over.

Price may be more patient than many of us.
once a wire always a wire
Posted by ComeOnYouWolves on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:28 pm
ComeOnYouWolves User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 1884
How many tries have we actually scored from open play? You can count on one hand.

If you listened to the St George fans they warned us we would be inept in attack following on from what he did with the Dragons. The Cronulla fans were happy to get rid of him.
Posted by Dita's Slot Meter on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Dita's Slot Meter User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:26 pm
Posts: 2568
rubber duckie wrote:
My honest opinion....
In 2018 we are much better than the results show.
There is so much scope for improvement as our pack is better and working hard...the inside backs are way off with returning from injury hampering the combinations....
....I couldn't say that in 2017.

And....its also easy for me to be negative than to post positive posts and be wrong about results over and over.

Price may be more patient than many of us.


Our backs are mediocre. End of story.

Ratchford is the only one I'd be disappointed about if he left.

Roberts supposedly is decent and arguably deserves to at least get the chance o show us what he can do with a bit of sun on his back. Let's face it, moving from Oz to the grey depressing world of Northern England must be a huge jolt to the system.

As for the rest, it's scary how poor they are.. I'm struggling to remember the last time we had such a worst set of wingers and centres?
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....
Posted by AS108 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 pm
AS108 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:40 pm
Posts: 343
the flying biscuit wrote:
1.you've no idea how he came to the conclusion "the game was there for the taking at half time"???? you were winnning by 2 points...TWO :shock:

2.last season good sides put 50 on us not 18

3.how did Prices record compare with Holbrooks...Price was assistant for two grand final wins, Holbrook none. price was offered the coaching job of an NRL team Holbrook none.

4. correct Wire only beat teams who are poor, Jet-lagged, full of kids, tired or riddled with disease.

5. and Peyroux ...well I Leave this from saddened back in August 2015



1. If you look at the 2 games before, against Hudds and Salford, the score was tight at half time and in the second half our quality told. You’d had more of the ball in dangerous and we defended with considerable ease, Wire look absolutely clueless and in the end score a try that shouldn’t have stood. We were hardly there for the taking at all.

2. No one put 50 on you last season, this is a new season and you can at least defend properly (in parts) this year and I’d say an 18 point margin is more than convincing and that’s without playing well.

3. Firstly being an assistant coach is completely different to being a head coach so that’s a pointless comparison, Cunningham was assistant to Brown when we won the GF in 2014 and is now regarded as one of our worst head coaches so that’s another poor comparison. Also, I’d rather have someone who hasn’t yet had the opportunity to be a head coach in the NRL than someone with a 37% win record and is regarded as an awful head coach by St George fans. To appoint someone with that record is completely idiotic.

4. Nothing more to add.

5. That quote is 2 and a half years old, believe it or not a lot can change in that amount of time. Peyroux was terrible at the time of that and pretty much every Saints fan would agree he was arguably one of the worst players to play for us. However, in the last 8-9 months he’s improved massively and there’s not one Wire fan who could deny that he’s made a better start to the season than BMM who has looked poor at best. Same can be said for Thompson and Hill, close to 18 months Hills been nowhere near his best.
Posted by ratticusfinch on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:42 pm
ratticusfinch User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 901
Location: Warrington
Hill was the best player on the pitch in a world cup final against the very best....Thompson NEVER will be. Im amazed bookies are giving 5/2 for saints to win the grand final, sounds to me like they should be 4/6 for the treble.
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain Hook, Carbon Glacier, Charlie Sheen, Gazwire, Instalamus, Irish Wire, karetaker, lefty goldblatt, ratticusfinch, rubber duckie, The Avenger, Who are ya!!, wire-flyer and 214 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,761,1311,86076,9564,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 26th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 5th Aug 14:45
CC2018
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






21