Jul 06 200915 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 07:3920th Apr 24 19:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:58 pm  
Paul2812 wrote:
Completely untrue & potentially libelous unless you can prove what you're alleging.

He has been telling friends, most of whom went to Newman, that he & his family are going back down under at the end of the season. Any mention of him signing for Warrington hasn't come from him.

ok, i will take your word for it.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2484No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 01 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Aug 17 14:4029th Nov 16 12:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
ONE LOVE
God bless the flag that I live under the colours of primrose and blue.

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 pm  
Good post Wirefan. It's a short career even if you don't end up getting an injury that finishes you, he may as well get what he can out of it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5212No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 24 200618 years250th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Apr 24 08:174th Apr 24 21:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN:

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:23 pm  
Wirefan wrote:
I love this mercenary talk and "agents just out for the biggest ££".. Ha, well no poop Sherlock. That is life.

Imagine this scenario if you will

You're in work, doing a job you are very happy with. You're happy with the company, you're happy with the work, and you're happy with the location. BUT, you're not happy with your salary and you have raised the issue with your boss on several occasions. Your boss finally agrees to a meeting and says "look Joe Bloggs, you're doing fantastically well but we cant give you the raise you deserve at the moment because we've had a bad year this year. Maybe come back next year". You walk away disappointed.

Next day, a recruitment agency rings you and says they have a job around the corner from your house, doing pretty much what you are doing now, but the salary is x1.5. How does that sound? The company is good, the location is even better, the job role is about the same, and the money is ideal. You go to the interview and you nail it. Next day you have an offer on the table.

You come away thinking "fantastic, I cant really turn this down" BUT, it would mean leaving a company you've been with for years and its a bit of an upheaval. "if only my current company could match this offer or get close to it" you're thinking. "that would be ideal"

So you take your offer back to your current boss and say "Look Mr Boss, I love it here but look what X company have now offered me. Do you see its almost impossible for me to turn this down? Is there really nothing you can do?"
Mr Boss turns around and says "don't accept that offer yet, let me see what I can do"

Low and behold - a day later your boss returns and presents to you a much improved offer. It may not even be exactly the same as the one on the table from the other company but its as close to as your going to get. What are you going to do?

Basically, unless there is a fundamental problem inside their current club, or a lack of opportunity or investment in the team to win things, then money is the ONLY factor for young players in any sport.

There is more to life than money. The following is a letter Savelios mother posted on redvee last year:

This is in reply to comments from talk some sense regarding andres attitude. I don't know who you are or what you suspect
You might know about him but I can assure you it does nothing to help the situation when comments like this are put out
there. It's not the first time it's been brought to my attention so this time I will stand up for him.

In February last year andre had a first team contract, his licence, a car hed saved hard for, a great set of friends - he had
everything he had worked hard to achieve. Overnight that changed he was rushed to hospital. Still in his saints kit from training with mud on his hands, unable to talk or walk. He was treated for suspected meningitis/encephalitis. It was touch and go for 24hrs but he pulled through. From then on andre struggled daily, helped by saints andre was in and out of hospital and eventually in december Andres condition was diagnosed by walton neuro he had auto immune encephalitis
we were told he was very lucky he could have died or been left disabled. He began treatment which was only completed
six weeks ago.

Andre has battled back and is still so every day. How he debuted against leeds i still cannot believe. He had to resit his licence which he lost, he missed preseason
because of medication so he is behind everybody else. He has been left with mood and motivation disorder that we are
working on and he is getting better.

He has turned down nrl and saints offers until he knows that h3 can be as good as he was and intended to be.

He has got through this 18months with the help and understanding of nathan brown, the saints dr, derek traynor, mike rush and all the players at saints who we are grateful to.

Andre wants to be a great player for saints but at this moment in time as his mother im grateful to have him alive
and will continue to stand by him.

I think some comments are better kept to yourself unless you know the facts as in this case they are certainly not conducive
To the healing process.

Thanks

As a Saints fan, Im glad that the club stuck by him during the darkest hours, however, I think it goes well above and beyond what should be expected of them as an employer, let alone rebuilding his confidence to the point of breaking into the first team. It should buy the club some level of loyalty in my opinion.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2829
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 09 20159 years75th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 12:0922nd Apr 24 05:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm  
Magic Superbeetle wrote:
There is more to life than money. The following is a letter Savelios mother posted on redvee last year:

As a Saints fan, Im glad that the club stuck by him during the darkest hours, however, I think it goes well above and beyond what should be expected of them as an employer, let alone rebuilding his confidence to the point of breaking into the first team. It should buy the club some level of loyalty in my opinion.

Isn't that just the club fulfilling their side of the contract? I don't see that they've done any more than I would expect from any well run professional sports club. Don't get me wrong, what saints did was great, and absolutely the right thing which they should be applauded for. The fact that he has been highly regarded for some time meant it was in Saints' best interests to get him back to the point of first team selection as well.

However, it is a sport where careers are short, if he felt Saints were paying him lower than his market worth, he was right to look elsewhere - if indeed that's what has happened. Whether that was a real desire to move elsewhere, or an attempt to get his true worth out of a club he really wanted to stay at for how they have treated him in the past.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that just because Saints have treated him well in the past, doesn't mean he should feel compelled to sign a contract that values him at a level which is lower than his own perception.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member26472No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201311 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 08:4523rd Apr 24 18:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:53 pm  
Nickles Forearm wrote:
Might be a few crying into their beer on here reading some of this. Some news on Andre being released by Saints in next 24 hours ;)

What happened????

I am sure he was on the field last night???

It must be my mistake???
mark_m 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11462No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 16 200519 years303rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Mar 24 10:138th Aug 23 16:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 pm  
Money isn't everything as a sportsman. Sometimes the pride of playing for your home town team might just count more than a slightly improved contract offer.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member26472No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 24 201311 years24th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Apr 24 08:4523rd Apr 24 18:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:39 am  
mark_m wrote:
Money isn't everything as a sportsman. Sometimes the pride of playing for your home town team might just count more than a slightly improved contract offer.

That`s what I was alluding to Mark. The longer the time period drags on without Andre signing a new contract, for Saints, then the more it appears that he will be leaving them.

I am definitely have no claim to in-side knowledge of the situation, but the nearer a player gets to the expiry date of his existing contract, (When there is a new offer from his club), usually means he will sign for an alternative club.

However. that could be a NRL club.

It will be interesting to see who he pens the new contract with. I have NOT seen him play much, but from what I have seen, I don`t think he is ready for the NRL just yet.
Wire 
RankPostsTeam
International Star1068
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Feb 23 19:0624th Feb 22 22:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Come on Wire, come on Wire, come on Wire, Come on...

WidnesJohn wrote:
With us being the better side these days, we are licking our lips at inflicting more misery on Wire in the coming derby. I expect a fairly straight forward win.
Wire 44 - 6 Widnes
Widnes Score Time: 74 Minutes 9 Seconds

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:45 pm  
RankPostsTeam
International Star1440No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Aug 16 12:0926th Aug 16 17:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:19 pm  
Jesus, the Saints fans got themselves in a right tizz over all this and he's ended up staying with them.
RankPostsTeam
International Star168No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 27 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Sep 20 16:5929th Sep 19 22:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Andre Savelio to Wire : Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:37 pm  
Boss Hog wrote:
What happened????

I am sure he was on the field last night???

It must be my mistake???

Under quoted it saying 24 hours but got there in the end.
Cooper Cronk anyone? :D
PreviousNext