FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - So just before tonight's result.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13578
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years10th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 22:4125th Apr 24 10:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:10 pm  
Before the result colours opinion...

Has TS lost the dressing room?
Has TS taken us as far as we can go?
Is TS too arrogant to address his recruitment failings?
Is Agar coaching the skill out of us?
Do we need a full squad rebuild?
Should we have a back room stuffed full of coaches made up of ex-players?
Should Bridge and Ratch play in the halves together?

:D
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31955
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200420 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 22:287th Apr 24 15:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:41 pm  
Wires71 wrote:
Before the result colours opinion...

Don't need to wait for a result to see opinion on here...

Wires71 wrote:
Has TS lost the dressing room?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Wires71 wrote:
Has TS taken us as far as we can go?

Quite possibly.

Wires71 wrote:
Is TS too arrogant to address his recruitment failings?

Definitely.

Wires71 wrote:
Is Agar coaching the skill out of us?

Absolutely.

Wires71 wrote:
Do we need a full squad rebuild?

Nope.

Wires71 wrote:
Should we have a back room stuffed full of coaches made up of ex-players?

Options, but I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing. Being at the top of their game playing would help, like Briers, Monas etc. Agar has won sweet FA.

Wires71 wrote:
Should Bridge and Ratch play in the halves together?

Patton is the future.....
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 200816 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 18:3020th Apr 24 15:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
TheWarringtonWolve69 wrote:
Saints by 32

Regards

(Formerly) King James

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 pm  
Who is the dressing room? I still see fight in Benny, Hill, Higham, Clark, Ratchford, Penny, Myler, Sims, and even bloody Asotasi. I don't believe at all that these players don't want to play.

Possibly, but I'd rather be up there with the big boys with a coach who can get us there rather than ship him out and bring someone in who makes us slip down the table. TS said not too long ago that the job here is still young and we have things we still need to do, which is a good sign he wants to be there for that.

No, he isn't, though he may be wrong in who he has dropped in my opinion, i at least shows he is trying different combinations to see us succeed better.

I doubt Agar is doing anything at all here.

Not at all, I think we need a better centre than Atkins for instance, his passing game is non existent, and a shuffle here and there but we have the men to do the job.

No.

Oh god no. Ratchford never passes and Bridge is also mostly a one man band when put there instead of centre.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 15 12:5412th Aug 15 12:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:34 pm  
This topic sums up to me a lot of what is wrong with a large majority of Warrington fans.

Its negativity too often.

We have the best coach in the British Game in Tony Smith, the best owner in Simon Moran, a purpose built stadium and one of the rare clubs that is run the right way on and off the field. We have a large number of youth coming through and the team is constantly evolving as a result of that.

No one is privy to what goes on behind the scenes, why some players are dropped or rested and who coaches what during training.

Fans boo at half time when we're getting beat not just when we're not playing at our best but when we're getting beat. Fans go home early and don't clap players when we're getting beat irrelevant of how hard those players have played, irrelevant of what injuries or pain those players are playing through. People who think players are not trying have never played the game. Fans constantly run down our coach, our team and our club, it makes me ashamed at times to be a Warrington Wolves fan.

How about some positive comments for a change? How about some proper support for the club, players and coaching staff who will be doing all they can to make this club a success!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 200915 years101st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:5920th Apr 24 19:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:09 pm  
norfolkngood wrote:
This topic sums up to me a lot of what is wrong with a large majority of Warrington fans.

We have the best coach in the British Game in Tony Smith, the best owner in Simon Moran, a purpose built stadium and one of the rare clubs that is run the right way on and off the field. We have a large number of youth coming through and the team is constantly evolving as a result of that.

No one is privy to what goes on behind the scenes, why some players are dropped or rested and who coaches what during training.

Fans boo at half time when we're getting beat not just when we're not playing at our best but when we're getting beat. Fans go home early and don't clap players when we're getting beat irrelevant of how hard those players have played, irrelevant of what injuries or pain those players are playing through. People who think players are not trying have never played the game. Fans constantly run down our coach, our team and our club, it makes me ashamed at times to be a Warrington Wolves fan.

How about some positive comments for a change? How about some proper support for the club, players and coaching staff who will be doing all they can to make this club a success!

alright Tony
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13578
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200618 years10th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 22:4125th Apr 24 10:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:19 pm  
norfolkngood wrote:

I agree there is a lot of negativity. My post was a tongue in cheek prediction of any backlash after the game. I've been resolute of my support of TS.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31955
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200420 years272nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 22:287th Apr 24 15:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 pm  
norfolkngood wrote:

So you've picked one thread at random then go on a rant about negativity. What about going on some of the threads after the Wakey game and talking about the positivity after that game. Some people just see what they want to see. :roll:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Aug 15 12:5412th Aug 15 12:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:25 pm  
not at all, much of this board is negative towards the coach and the players. I appreciate I'm not part of the clique on this forum and therefore shouldn't voice an opinion. I'll leave just the same old people to comment then
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 06 200915 years101st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 18:5920th Apr 24 19:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:05 am  
norfolkngood wrote:
not at all, much of this board is negative towards the coach and the players. I appreciate I'm not part of the clique on this forum and therefore shouldn't voice an opinion. I'll leave just the same old people to comment then

People are voicing their opinions because they spend alot of their hard earned money following and supporting the side.

If they feel things aren't up to scratch and aren't going in the right direction, they say so, and so they should.

Positivity is great.. But lets be honest, things arent all rosy in the Garden at the minute... But like you said

'we have the best owner in Simon Moran, a purpose built stadium and one of the rare clubs that is run the right way on and off the field. We have a large number of youth coming through'

Its just a shame we are replying on so many of those young players to turn our faltering season around.. when in reality it should be the established pro's and the signings Smith has made.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1156
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200915 years226th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Apr 24 07:3717th Apr 24 07:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: So just before tonight's result. : Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:30 am  
A club with the best owner, best coach, best stadium and the best fans shouldn't be on a run of 5 losses out 6 six games where the only win was a terribly one sided affair. Something is wrong very wrong and the best owner should be worried about his investment, the best coach should be worried about his job and the best fans well I guess we're just going to wait and see what happens next.
Next