Posted by rubber duckie on Sat May 12, 2018 11:52 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Saddened! wrote:
So this season is a two horse race between Wigan and Warrington? You must have drastically improved since we played you. Even taking Barba out of the side, I'd be confident we could give Warrington a game and we've got Alex Walmsley to come back at some point. But good to know we've no chance so I won't need to save any money for finals this year.

Not what I said.
Wigan or Warrington will finish 1st and 3rd unless Saints can up the anti and turn the derby rivals and Leeds over...
Because of the kind fixtures and Wire vs Wigan playing twice...It'll either be Wigan 1st or Saints playing Wire for 1st at round 23.
I expect it to be Wire vs Saints for 1st.
It's unlikely Warrington and Wigan will be 1st and 2nd because of the remains fixtures. Vs each other while Saints have a gimme at Magic.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Re: None Wire tv games
Post Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 am
Posted by easyWire on Sun May 13, 2018 7:27 am
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 32

Isn’t 1st - 4th technically the standings AFTER the super 8s? As long as we finish in the 4 we have a chance. Don’t fancy an away trip in the semi obviously but there’s every chance of an appearance in the final as long as we make that 4. And after the disappointment of two LLS where we fluffed the final, I dread the thought of a 1st place finish again. Rather do it the hard way from 4th with less pressure to prove ourselves in the final IF we make it.

I’d still bet on a Saints - Wigan final at OT (depending on everyone’s cup run of course).
Post Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

easyWire wrote:
Isn’t 1st - 4th technically the standings AFTER the super 8s? As long as we finish in the 4 we have a chance. Don’t fancy an away trip in the semi obviously but there’s every chance of an appearance in the final as long as we make that 4. And after the disappointment of two LLS where we fluffed the final, I dread the thought of a 1st place finish again. Rather do it the hard way from 4th with less pressure to prove ourselves in the final IF we make it.

I’d still bet on a Saints - Wigan final at OT (depending on everyone’s cup run of course).

If we finish 4th we will not be in with any chance. It'll mean we have crashed in form and have a week to some how turn it around.
Re: None Wire tv games
Post Sun May 13, 2018 5:22 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Sun May 13, 2018 5:22 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 320

Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
the flying biscuit wrote:
To be honest I cant see how Saints win that game if Barba didn't play.

Cas had both half backs out they had a make shift hooker by sticking their loose forward there (who by the way is a top quality player). Shenton at Full back for what the second time in his career...?? and had numerous other first choice players out Eden, Springer, Massey etc

if Saints had played under those circumstances some commentators would have asked for them to be honored like the soldiers at Rourkes drift...

Added to that we had James Child at his best...two identical Shepherds to protect the ball catcher, Saints get the Penalty, Cas don't.

I still think Wigan are a stronger team than Saints....

Today's draw must have cheered you up no end then?
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Post Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 pm
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Means a 1st CC Wire vs Saints final is still on.
Previous