WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Price - I wonder what he is thinking?

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Price - I wonder what he is thinking?

Posted by Alffi_7 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 am
Alffi_7 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Barbed Wire wrote:
Forgive me, but BMM has played second row in both of the games so far. Hughes has played in the middle as 13 until BMM comes off, then he switches out to the right. And so far been the best of our back row, Currie having a quiet start and BMM not getting a lot of minutes in.

Yes BMM has been named at loose but played on the right edge for the first two games. BMM suffered from a chronic lack of ball vs Hudds, everything went left to Brown / Currie / Atkins / Lineham. When Roberts is back and fit hopefully we can redress that balance as Roberts / BMM / Atkins / Brown could be dangerous given time.
Posted by Barbed Wire on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 am
Barbed Wire Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Alffi_7 wrote:
Yes BMM has been named at loose but played on the right edge for the first two games. BMM suffered from a chronic lack of ball vs Hudds, everything went left to Brown / Currie / Atkins / Lineham. When Roberts is back and fit hopefully we can redress that balance as Roberts / BMM / Atkins / Brown could be dangerous given time.

I do hope so, but in the interim I’d recommend BMM laying off the fudge. Looks really heavy and slow. He spends a lot of time off the field for a second row.
Posted by moving on... on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

Shaun Wayne would have no problem dropping any player he though wasn't performing. regardless of name and regardless of who he had as back up. He also doesn't bring a player straight back in if their replacement is performing. he makes them wait till their performance drops. at the minute players need dropping. Ratch, Atkins, Russell, K. Brown, Cooper, G.King.

I'd have no problem seeing a team line up like this against Widnes:

J. Johnson

Lineham
Goodwin
Livett
Prell

Patton
Roberts

Hill
Clark
Philbin
Currie
Hughes
Murdoch-Masila

Smith
G. King (Only if Crosby and Akualoa are unfit)
L. Johnson (Only if Crosby and Akualoa are unfit)
Westwood
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2018

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Posted by Shazbaz on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:00 am
Shazbaz User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Good post but don't think Patton in place of K.Brown. Especially against Widnes seems to raise his game when he chooses.
Posted by rubber duckie on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,307

Moving On...Sean Wane has the luxury this season of being able to drop someone and there is someone who can replace them. We don't...
Thin with outside backs and thin with props. They are undroppable.

Our team is/ought to be class quality but balance is a obvious issue with our team...wherever Atkins goes his wingers come in for a torrid time...Ryan is fantastic as doing what he does but his wingers get crucified.
I would get a passing back and move Atkins out to the edge.
once a wire always a wire
Posted by Wires71 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

rubber duckie wrote:
Moving On...Sean Wane has the luxury this season of being able to drop someone and there is someone who can replace them. We don't...
Thin with outside backs and thin with props. They are undroppable.

Our team is/ought to be class quality but balance is a obvious issue with our team...wherever Atkins goes his wingers come in for a torrid time...Ryan is fantastic as doing what he does but his wingers get crucified.
I would get a passing back and move Atkins out to the edge.

Who would you describe as "class quality" in our squad?
https://www.mind.org.uk
Posted by moving on... on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

rubber duckie wrote:

The only reason he has quality waiting is because hes dropped star players in the past and threw the kids into the mix. He trusted them. they've been exposed reular and often. The reason our young lads (and other teams young lads) don't look as good as Wigan academy products is because they're brand new out the packet.
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2018

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Posted by Longbarn Wire on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:48 pm
Longbarn Wire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 16

Il be the first to admit, Brown hasnt been great. However he has had 3 worldies against Widnes, so why you would drop him in favor of someone who barely touched the ball in the 2nd half at Huddersfield i dont know.

Brown wasnt great either, but least he had his hands on the ball trying to make something happen.

However, what i do agree with is that some changes need to happen if the current 17 carry on like this.
Posted by Barbed Wire on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:40 pm
Barbed Wire Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

moving on... wrote:
Shaun Wayne would have no problem dropping any player he though wasn't performing. regardless of name and regardless of who he had as back up. He also doesn't bring a player straight back in if their replacement is performing. he makes them wait till their performance drops. at the minute players need dropping. Ratch, Atkins, Russell, K. Brown, Cooper, G.King.

I'd have no problem seeing a team line up like this against Widnes:

J. Johnson

Lineham
Goodwin
Livett
Prell

Patton
Roberts

Hill
Clark
Philbin
Currie
Hughes
Murdoch-Masila

Smith
G. King (Only if Crosby and Akualoa are unfit)
L. Johnson (Only if Crosby and Akualoa are unfit)
Westwood

I’m interested as to why Westwood, Hill, Lineham and Patton aren’t on that list?
Posted by CW8 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 pm
CW8 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Barbed Wire wrote:
I’m interested as to why Westwood, Hill, Lineham and Patton aren’t on that list?

Hill probably because he hasnt been awful just not his best, he has had a lot going on and hasn't spent that long with the new coaches. He definitely needs to sort his discipline though, been very poor to see our captain losing his cool.

Westwood is long in the tooth, maybe we would be better playing someone else off the bench, my feeling is he will be covering prop in case we have any injuries.

Patton seems to be a young player without any confidence, he doesn't get involved enough, however he isn't going to gain any confidence sitting on the benches so it's a tough call. He doesn't seem to be mentally there at this stage though and probably doesn't deserve to be playing if others are fit.

Ive got to take issue with your inclusion of lineham, he may not be everyone's perfect winger but he went pretty well last season in a terrible team and by the sound of things was our man of the match last week as well as scoring the week before. What does he have to do to get any credit? I think he would be one of the first names on the team sheet at the minute and will be our top try score come the end of the season. We have problems on the right edge and pretty much everywhere else but the left edge is so far the least worrying part of our team.
PreviousNext