WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - England Squad.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves England Squad.

Re: England Squad.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 am
Wirefan User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Only Ratchford and only because white line fever from over the hills is out.

Currie and Hill are clearly International material but if you're picking on form, then Hill should be no where near and Currie has only played 3/4 games.

That said, I know us supporters always say "should pick on form", but you've also got to take your best crew to have a chance. For example, Watts has had a much better year than Hill but would I want him in my matchday 17 v Aus over Hill, not a chance.

Brown looks an awful call but he's preformed every time for England under Bennet.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 am
Shazbaz User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Brown looks an awful call but he's preformed every time for England under Bennet.[/quote]
Brown picks the games he wants to perform in, so will be great for England. Like against Brisbane and Widnes he couldn't be bothered in the others.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:21 am
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Shazbaz wrote:
Brown looks an awful call but he's preformed every time for England under Bennet.

Brown picks the games he wants to perform in, so will be great for England. Like against Brisbane and Widnes he couldn't be bothered in the others.[/quote]

Do you genuinely believe this?
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 am
Gazwire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Uncle Rico wrote:
Brown picks the games he wants to perform in, so will be great for England. Like against Brisbane and Widnes he couldn't be bothered in the others.

Do you genuinely believe this?[/quote]

Some Widnes supporter friends of mine also said he picked his games when playing for them.
Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 am
ratticusfinch User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Well Brown has had two games against international quality opposition this season and had very good games in both. It's not rocket science to see why he's been picked.

Currie i would take as he is absolute class, Hill - not on this season's form but will probably produce for his country, Ratchford - I'm not his biggest fan by any means but played well against Samoa and adds utility value.

We're clearly a big club now anyway when our players start getting picked for their country when they shouldn't be!!
Ettinghausen's gone ice skatin'
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:12 pm
karetaker User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Looking at the forwards, at best Hill will only get a bench spot.
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

karetaker wrote:
Looking at the forwards, at best Hill will only get a bench spot.

More than he deserves on current form.
once a wire always a wire
Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:19 pm
sir adrian morley User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

sally cinnamon wrote:
Its great when your paranoia about Wigan is so strong that you can explain Wigan players either getting picked or not picked as a conspiracy :lol:

he.s 100% right on this as are most of his posts unlike some on here who post long winded drivell..mginty did bulk up and did have a decent tour but after that did sod all..as for this comp give it the aussies now...walk over
Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 am
lefty goldblatt User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

sir adrian morley wrote:
he.s 100% right on this as are most of his posts unlike some on here who post long winded drivell..mginty did bulk up and did have a decent tour but after that did sod all..as for this comp give it the aussies now...walk over

awwww shucks, s a m :oops:

No Wigan paranoia from me.
If people don't realise that the omission of TomkinsJ and Farrell (both rampaging runners) and Burgess (scores tries for fun) smell a little, then that's their funeral. TomkinsS, I grant you, hasn't had the best of seasons, but STILL is one of the few English players that possess the " X-factor" and is worth a squad place. Did Monkey Man and the Wigan board request their non selection? I wouldn't put it past them.

As for the selection of McGinty all those years ago.. The world's great minds are still scratching their heads. In those days, if you were British and played for Wigan, you got a GB jersey, regardless of form/quality /reputation.

See. No paranoia. Just looking at the situation, level headed.
Neither glass half full or empty. Just a realist.
Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:25 am
Alffi_7 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

lefty goldblatt wrote:
awwww shucks, s a m :oops:

No Wigan paranoia from me.
If people don't realise that the omission of TomkinsJ and Farrell (both rampaging runners) and Burgess (scores tries for fun) smell a little, then that's their funeral. TomkinsS, I grant you, hasn't had the best of seasons, but STILL is one of the few English players that possess the " X-factor" and is worth a squad place. Did Monkey Man and the Wigan board request their non selection? I wouldn't put it past them.

As for the selection of McGinty all those years ago.. The world's great minds are still scratching their heads. In those days, if you were British and played for Wigan, you got a GB jersey, regardless of form/quality /reputation.

See. No paranoia. Just looking at the situation, level headed.

I'd question whether Joel Tomkins is good enough for the Wigan team, let alone an England squad.

As for Farrell, I probably wouldn't want to take both Farrell and Bateman on tour together, both very good SL players, but I'd question whether a back row of Farrell and Bateman was big enough for international RL.

Burgess I probably would have taken - seems strange to only take two wingers in a squad, although Hall and McGilvray have performed well on the international stage in the past - i'd have both in before Burgess.

Of the full backs that have missed out, Shaul can count himself unlucky. Both him and Ratch ahead of STomkins, not sure why Lomax has travelled.
PreviousNext