Re: Peta Hiku released
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 am
Posted by WWRLFC78 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 am
WWRLFC78 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Superblue wrote:
You can't argue with that !
The pack has been a shambles all season, and has steadily deteriorated over the past few seasons. Hopeless now, needs major surgery without sentiment or emotion or favour

And I have said it before, we have become more of a local celebrity club than a town rl club. ( is that down to Simon Moran's media aurora?).

Can I just chip in here?

It wasn't so long ago that our forwards were getting us to the opposition 20 (or closer) and our halfs could do nothing to get over the line bar a speculative kick to the corner?

Ok, the forward pack hasn't been great but, with better backs we'd have won at least 2 or 3 games more meaning we'd have finished in the top 8!
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am
Posted by ninearches on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:51 am
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I thought one of our biggest problems this season has been keeping possession. The number of unforced errors has been ridiculous ,meaning we have put ourselves under needless pressure. Probably lack of concentration during games & panic rugby has been killing us.
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am
Posted by Captain Hook on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am
Captain Hook Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

ninearches wrote:
I thought one of our biggest problems this season has been keeping possession. The number of unforced errors has been ridiculous ,meaning we have put ourselves under needless pressure. Probably lack of concentration during games & panic rugby has been killing us.

I agree, which does beg the question what does a coach do about that? They really should know how to keep hold of a ball at this stage of their career.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Post Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Posted by Dezzies_right_hook on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Dezzies_right_hook Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Captain Hook wrote:
I agree, which does beg the question what does a coach do about that? They really should know how to keep hold of a ball at this stage of their career.

a coach would educate them on desision and risk taking assessment and guide them to make the right choice as when to pass and when to keep hold of the ball

but in general its clear that little if any work is done on the basics passing etc not just at warrington but in super league on whole, one reason why m smith looks promising is the speed of his passes and also accuracy
Previous