WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Today's game v Leigh.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Today's game v Leigh.

Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 pm
Posted by karetaker on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:03 pm
karetaker User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 276

Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:23 pm
Posts: 4312
Location: Moving closer to Widnes at this rate.
Alan wrote:
I don't like that either! Bizarrely, you then got the penalty when our dummy half deliberately passed the ball into your defender, who was about 5 yards behind the ptb!

There is probably a logical explanation for that inconsistency, but I've not fathomed it yet! :THINK:


And you never will probably only Homer Simpson knows what goes on in a referees head.
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:54 pm
Posted by Winslade's Offload on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:54 pm
Winslade's Offload 100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 3671
Location: Every me, every you / Placebo
Fortunately I have forgotten all about yesterdays game. Mrs Winslade said I made a trip to the hypnotist yesterday and had it erased from my mind before it could do any lasting damage. Did anybody win the crossbar challenge ?
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm
Posted by ging on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:09 pm
ging Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:54 pm
Posts: 31
Alan wrote:
I don't like that either! Bizarrely, you then got the penalty when our dummy half deliberately passed the ball into your defender, who was about 5 yards behind the ptb!

There is probably a logical explanation for that inconsistency, but I've not fathomed it yet! :THINK:


I was level with the play the ball when the Leigh lad passed it into Gidley. I thought the ref was right to award us a penalty, even with my primrose tinted glasses off. When Wire got the pen, the defender from Leigh was still in the ruck area and Gidley hit him with the ball from about 2 ft. When Gidley was hit, I watched the Leigh scrum half turn around and look for him and then motioned to take the pass. Gidley was about 8 feet directly behind the play ball with his hands up indicating he was not in play. He was not interfering with any runners nor was in the way of a sideways pass from the ruck. Ref was correct, and would have been so if this was the other way round and we had tried it on.
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:49 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:49 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 1773
Maybe somebody could clear something up for me , about 5 minutes from the end Wire knocked on about 30 yards out from the sticks in front of us , it appeared to me that a Wire player then kicked the ball back towards his own players , one of whom then dropped on it

If the ball goes forward and is the touched by a colleague isn't it offside and a penalty ?

Or was it a Leigh player who kicked it ?
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:31 pm
Posted by ninearches on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:31 pm
ninearches Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:01 pm
Posts: 3573
Location: newton-le-willows

I remember seeing a Leigh player collect a ball off a Leigh player & give us a penalty for offside .I think maybe he hadn't seen that your player had kicked it .
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm
Posted by Alan on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:00 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10597
Location: Back in Lancashire
GUBRATS wrote:
Maybe somebody could clear something up for me , about 5 minutes from the end Wire knocked on about 30 yards out from the sticks in front of us , it appeared to me that a Wire player then kicked the ball back towards his own players , one of whom then dropped on it

If the ball goes forward and is the touched by a colleague isn't it offside and a penalty ?

Or was it a Leigh player who kicked it ?


It was in the first half (rightly so) when McNally dropped it! :wink:
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm
Posted by Alan on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:02 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10597
Location: Back in Lancashire
ging wrote:
I was level with the play the ball when the Leigh lad passed it into Gidley. I thought the ref was right to award us a penalty, even with my primrose tinted glasses off. When Wire got the pen, the defender from Leigh was still in the ruck area and Gidley hit him with the ball from about 2 ft. When Gidley was hit, I watched the Leigh scrum half turn around and look for him and then motioned to take the pass. Gidley was about 8 feet directly behind the play ball with his hands up indicating he was not in play. He was not interfering with any runners nor was in the way of a sideways pass from the ruck. Ref was correct, and would have been so if this was the other way round and we had tried it on.


My point is more why you got the penalty in the first incident. The Leigh player was lying prone, and Gidley had no need whatsoever to hit him with it - there wasn't a Warrington player around to take that pass, if it had missed the Leigh player.

And, in the second incident, what was Gidley doing so far offside?
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm
Posted by GUBRATS on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:29 pm
GUBRATS User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:35 pm
Posts: 1773
Alan wrote:
It was in the first half (rightly so) when McNally dropped it! :wink:


No Alan defo with just a few minutes to go
snaivooladniv eht fo thgim eht eraweb
Re: Today's game v Leigh.
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 am
Posted by Alan on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 76,860

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10597
Location: Back in Lancashire
GUBRATS wrote:
No Alan defo with just a few minutes to go



No Steve, I didn't mean that. I meant that it was ruled offside in a similar incident in the first half when McNally misjudged a kick, stuck his foot out and a team mate standing in front of him dropped on the ball.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Builth Wells Wire, Gaz3376, Gazwire, Hashman, karetaker, lefty goldblatt, Phuzzy, Wanderer and 114 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,733,9671,78876,8604,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANBERRA
21-20
MANLY
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
6-7
MELBOURNE STORM
L
I
V
E
 
TODAY : 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
HULL FC
Latest
TODAY 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TODAY 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TODAY 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIDNES VIKINGS
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 2nd Jun 14:30
CC2018
WARRINGTON
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 9th Jun 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 17th Jun 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 29th Jun 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
SALFORD
Fri 6th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 12th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 20th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 26th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






21