WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wire - one of the best sides in world rugby league

Board index Super 8s - Qualifiers Warrington Wolves Wire - one of the best sides in world rugby league

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

runningman29 wrote:
1 of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard from a senior player.

Indeed. The players are all swanning around in these T-Shirts at Costa in the Golden Square.

https://www.mind.org.uk
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:54 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Disappointingly, we got the same Cooper back that left us.
once a wire always a wire
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:56 pm
silver2 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

That's crafty, wearing dark glasses so we can't tell which player it is.
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:11 pm
Dezzies_right_hook Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

rubber duckie wrote:
Disappointingly, we got the same Cooper back that left us.

Disagree. He is much stronger fitter than when he left and he has played a lot of the season with with a broken hand again expectations just because he has gone to nrl doesn't mean he will return a different player. I refuse to believe that he just becomes average after doing well in nrl and was great for England gotta ask the question what is he being asked to do differently

He has stated we need to train harder I would assume that's in comparison to what he has been used to and how we're training now!!
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:46 pm
Smith's Brolly User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Well. We're bringing back the touchdown club/hanging a few balloons on the wall. Perhaps we'll bring back relegation fears to really capture the wilderspool years.
Sponsoring Fitzpatrick's Coffee run since 2017...I used to post a lot, then I didn't
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Last year Warrington were top of the league, and reached the Challenge Cup final and Grand Final.

Mike Cooper was a fairly successful front rower in the NRL.

Now this year, Warrington and Cooper are well below par.

Is it ability or is it confidence?

What about Leeds Rhinos last year, or Chelsea FC last year, were their performances a reflection of ability or confidence?
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011 2016
Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:39 pm
Fantastic Mr Catpiss 100% League Network
100% League Network

Smith's Brolly wrote:
Well. We're bringing back the touchdown club/hanging a few balloons on the wall. Perhaps we'll bring back relegation fears to really capture the wilderspool years.

Thirty five quid a pop for that

"i have a phobia of Wolves"

"It was good to come over here, all the boys played really well, we completed our sets and it was a good night for us," josh Dugan said.

"To come over here and beat Warrington at Warrington is very pleasing. I think there was only about 15,000 but it felt like the Origin capacity of 50,000 so it was a great atmosphere and a great game."
Post Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 am
moving on... User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Dezzies_right_hook wrote:
Disagree. He is much stronger fitter than when he left and he has played a lot of the season with with a broken hand again expectations just because he has gone to nrl doesn't mean he will return a different player. I refuse to believe that he just becomes average after doing well in nrl and was great for England gotta ask the question what is he being asked to do differently

He has stated we need to train harder I would assume that's in comparison to what he has been used to and how we're training now!!

If I was the size of Mike Cooper I'd be whipping my manhood out and smashing defences aside. I'd be picking up Matty Russsell with one hand and using him as a human shield against would be tacklers.
He was in the NRL where expectations on quality is high. It's no surprise that he's returned and become complacent, he looks like he's running through custard most of the time.
Its ALWAYS our year

Est.1876

Sent to me from heaven... You are my world.

1876 - 2017

BUM BANGERS SINCE 2012
Previous