FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 24 - 26 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Connor Penalty Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 52 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Blake Try, Bennison Goal
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 34 - 8 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Miski Try
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fifita Brothers
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11412No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 12 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Feb 21 21:5628th Jul 19 00:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Signature
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:57 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:
Equally so then other than your own optimism what makes you so sure you will?

Because we are no longer saving for the stadium work and will be make big money from the corporate facilities along with new and big sponsorship deals with the likes of Extentia and others. More money will be spent on the playing squad and probably some big transfer fees. Along with our best crop of youngsters for a long time on the brink in the academy. Our problem at the moment is we’ve still got a few players from our ‘tight purse strings’ days because you can’t offload everyone in one offseason, but over the course of this year and offseason you’ll see more and more of them leaving just like the likes of Mullally, Walters and Ormondroyd has been released in recent weeks. So that’ll take a little bit of time but we’ll get there.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:47 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
Massive redevelopment of ground 90% done. 75% of squad rebuild done, arguably our best academy prouction line for 15 years. State if the art training and backroin facilities.?Yeah sinking fast. Wakefield they would be better of playing in a lifeboat, so what like twice in 30 years finished above Leeds, yeah if any player was offered the chance to join leeds instead of Wakefield they would be a fool to choose the biggest club in british RL wouldnt they, when mighty trinity can offer then a mini bus to train on a council playing field, thats not arrogance its just a fact. Unfortunately you don’t like it but does not make it not true.

Not sure how having 90% of the ground done will improve your team, 75% of team building done, super you only need another 7 or so top players for you to have 100% team completion and here's hoping your academy players live up to expectations, if they do then you might have a problem keeping them with the players your hoping to sign.

I'm just wondering why the insults and the bitterness towards another club just because you cannot stand a bit of criticism aimed at the club your forever bigging up when somebody doesn't agree with your smart mouthed comments', a mini bus, a council playing field to train on, and playing in a life boat, Jesus! how old are you :lol:
Oh and one more thing, I always think of Wigan being the biggest club in Rugby League.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years117th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 11:0819th Apr 24 20:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:53 pm  
dboy wrote:
I'm not talking about what those clubs have done in the past. I talking about right here, right now.

All are far, far bigger threats to the honours board than Leeds.

I know it hurts right now, but you'll get used to it. You can live in the past if you like.

Right here right now, all clubs played 2 games, Salford are top of the league, no club is ahead of anybody yet, trophies are not handed out on pre season predictions, lets see where any side is after 15 plus rounds before we start saying who is and who is not contenders.
dboy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4134
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200519 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 12:2018th Apr 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:00 pm  
What happened to...

rollin thunder wrote:
...we will be winning trophies and making finals pretty regular...its fantasy to believe a club with Leeds resources won't be back in the mix...like Manchester united...

I'm happy to stand by my opinion (and hope with all my heart I'm right - nothing gives me more pleasure than whining Leeds fans), for which I gave a clear justification.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 29 200716 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Apr 24 08:088th Apr 24 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 pm  
dboy wrote:
It's my opinion. Just like you think the opposite.

The difference is that my opinion is based, somewhat, on the evidence.

In summary, at least 4 clubs are significantly ahead of Leeds right now. Your squad is very poor - the worst you have had in SL. Other clubs will get even better, whilst you haven't even bottomed out yet. Leeds business mantra of not paying top wages, in a trade off for playing/winning at the top, isn't now working. Breaking that mantra to bring in big talent, will break the club's wage structure and will lead to internal discontent.

It is just my opinion, but we live in hope.

They do look like a club in decline with the quality of player and a rather slow transition in the process. In the last 3 years 2 of those they have missed the top 8 play offs and have had to battle to avoid relegation. We are top 5 this season and I can only see Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Castleford and Catalans being up there with quality players, but we will have a better idea with Leeds around Easter time to see if they can claw back with the hefty away game loading.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years117th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:17 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:
Not sure how having 90% of the ground done will improve your team, 75% of team building done, super you only need another 7 or so top players for you to have 100% team completion and here's hoping your academy players live up to expectations, if they do then you might have a problem keeping them with the players your hoping to sign.

I'm just wondering why the insults and the bitterness towards another club just because you cannot stand a bit of criticism aimed at the club your forever bigging up when somebody doesn't agree with your smart mouthed comments', a mini bus, a council playing field to train on, and playing in a life boat, Jesus! how old are you :lol:
Oh and one more thing, I always think of Wigan being the biggest club in Rugby League.

When somebody claims that A player is taking a step back going to Leeds and says they are sinking like the titanic, then yeah I am entitled to point out the hard facts, that the club he may or may not be leaving do indeed train on a council field, and then coach Brian smith walked out of the club in shear disgust regarding their amateurish training arrangements, so he quote was simply not even close to being fact. So how am I childish for responding to a childish bitter post by a fan of an inferior club by putting him straight with hard facts. people can laugh it up all they like after Leeds poor season last year and some what perceived weak squad this year, but it won't last long an you all no it won't and that's what you don't like.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years117th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:20 pm  
Judder Man wrote:
They do look like a club in decline with the quality of player and a rather slow transition in the process. In the last 3 years 2 of those they have missed the top 8 play offs and have had to battle to avoid relegation. We are top 5 this season and I can only see Wigan, Warrington, Saints, Castleford and Catalans being up there with quality players, but we will have a better idea with Leeds around Easter time to see if they can claw back with the hefty away game loading.

Convieniently don't mention Leeds where champions in between those two bad years and 2 out of last four years, and we are top 5 this season, who is we?
dboy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4134
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200519 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:27 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
When somebody claims that A player is taking a step back going to Leeds and says they are sinking like the titanic, then yeah I am entitled to point out the hard facts, that the club he may or may not be leaving do indeed train on a council field, and then coach Brian smith walked out of the club in shear disgust regarding their amateurish training arrangements, so he quote was simply not even close to being fact. So how am I childish for responding to a childish bitter post by a fan of an inferior club by putting him straight with hard facts. people can laugh it up all they like after Leeds poor season last year and some what perceived weak squad this year, but it won't last long an you all no it won't and that's what you don't like.

Take a breath, get some tissue and dry those eyes.

Wakey train at Featherstone.

Brian Smith left because the owner refused to sell him a stake in the club.

You are definitely childish (I'm guessing that's because you are a child?).

I gave fully thought out reasons why Leeds are off the pace, whilst you just cry "jealousy" & "we're a big club" wah wah wah.

Let me remind you - I said there are 4 clubs who are well ahead of Leeds in the race for silverware - Wigan, Saints, Wire & Cas. I doubt you'll find anyone anywhere, who isn't a Leeds fan, who wouldn't agree with that opinion.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4783No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 15 201113 years117th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:47 pm  
dboy wrote:
Take a breath, get some tissue and dry those eyes.

Wakey train at Featherstone.

Brian Smith left because the owner refused to sell him a stake in the club.

You are definitely childish (I'm guessing that's because you are a child?).

I gave fully thought out reasons why Leeds are off the pace, whilst you just cry "jealousy" & "we're a big club" wah wah wah.

Let me remind you - I said there are 4 clubs who are well ahead of Leeds in the race for silverware - Wigan, Saints, Wire & Cas. I doubt you'll find anyone anywhere, who isn't a Leeds fan, who wouldn't agree with that opinion.

It's not me crying, it's other fans crying because Leeds are splashing the cash again on a 2-3 year rise back to the top. This could run and run but you all know how it will pan out and trying to convince yourself Leeds are somehow going the same way as the Bulls or former WCC Widnes is laughable and that's what grates all of you and you know it.

Full time league leaders and here and now best side in the league vanquished by nearly 50 points for on their own turf, over weight useless all hype tui Lolahea tore Salford apart, marque Trent Merrin dominated the Salford pack from loose forward showing he is quickly on his way to being one of the top forwards in the league.

Could just do with poaching one more top prop from a mid table side. Anybody know if one is looking to move up a level.
dboy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4134
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 12 200519 years111th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fifita Brothers : Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:49 pm  
rollin thunder wrote:
It's not me crying, it's other fans crying because Leeds are splashing the cash again on a 2-3 year rise back to the top. This could run and run but you all know how it will pan out and trying to convince yourself Leeds are somehow going the same way as the Bulls or former WCC Widnes is laughable and that's what grates all of you and you know it.

Full time league leaders and here and now best side in the league vanquished by nearly 50 points for on their own turf, over weight useless all hype tui Lolahea tore Salford apart, marque Trent Merrin dominated the Salford pack from loose forward showing he is quickly on his way to being one of the top forwards in the league.

Could just do with poaching one more top prop from a mid table side. Anybody know if one is looking to move up a level.

Yes, I take it all back.

That's some destruction of St Helens at their own place today!
PreviousNext