Joe Sharratt
Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:34 pm
Ruune Rebellion Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 43
Rep Position: 87th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 0

The St Helens academy player who played for lancs against Australia was the victim of that sickening assault video by the Manchester bouncers that is doing the rounds. He suffered serious head injuries and is currently in hospital. Let’s hope he’s alright and the 7 or so bouncers are prosecuted.
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans
Re: Joe Sharratt
Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:42 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 73rd / 77,493

Quiz Score: 248

A horrific cowardly assault, he wasn't even throwing any punches back, god knows how he wasn't knocked unconscious. Unfortunately I'm not that surprised, that line of work really does attract a certain type of person, especially in city centres.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm
Posted by Clearwing on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:09 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 110
Rep Position: 34th / 77,493

I believe it's Joe who gets decked right at the start and stays down. His mate's the one who ships all the punches, based upon the description of the incident on 5live. Can be no justification for this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-46424640
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Posted by Shifty Cat on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm
Shifty Cat User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 121
Rep Position: 31st / 77,493

What a bunch of absolute pussys, 8 of them all swinging old man haymakers left and right, cheering each other on while doing it. That short booty one even punching him (if you can call those punches) while he was walking away and then even when that lad went down they continue to assault him. Cowards the lot of them.

So glad it was caught on camera so they get dealt with. The doorman industry has been cleaned up a fair bit since the '90s but there's still an element when they're in their little gangs that are no more than scumbags, looking to take advantage of guys that are too drunk to defend themselves properly.

I've been a couple of times & it's a grubby little crap hole of a club anyway, trying to still live off the Hacienda name. Funnily enough, I remember when I used to go there, their various bouncers were pricks as well - some things never change hey.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Posted by My Mate Ronnie on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 pm
My Mate Ronnie User avatar

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 104th / 77,493

The young kid at the start of the footage ( Joe Sharratt ) has gone from that first punch . That was a cheap shot on that kid , him and his mate were outnumbered from the start so it would have been easy to restrain them IF they were causing bother .

The way the kid went to deck could easily have killed him.

Then the other cowards start reigning punches on the other young kid ...Really ! ! .. . Credit to him he took a few and stood his ground , one on one he would probably have floored one of those cowards .

To hear them encouraging each other was sickening , surely this a matter for the police . That was assault clear as day .

I don’t like Bullies ... every dog has its day . Hope the kids dust themselves off .
Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:12 am
Posted by My Mate Ronnie on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:12 am
My Mate Ronnie User avatar

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 104th / 77,493

St Helens have confirmed academy player Joe Sharratt is "sat up in bed and recovering well" following a visit from officials after he sustained serious head injuries in Manchester.

The 18-year-old centre suffered the injuries during an alleged assault by bouncers outside Factory 251 nightclub in Manchester in the early hours of Sunday morning. They have since been sacked for their role in the attack.

Sharratt played for Lancashire schoolboys against their Australian counterparts on Saturday and was earmarked for a place in the England schoolboys team this weekend.

St Helens released a statement on Monday to confirm that Sharratt was hospitalised after the incident and gave an update on Tuesday evening on the club's official website.

A statement read: "Officials from the club visited Joe Sharratt in the neurology ward at Salford Royal today and were pleased to find him sat up in bed and recovering well.

"Joe will remain in hospital for the next couple of days but the prognosis is good and he is progressing well. The player, his family and the club have been overwhelmed by well-wishers and messages from across the rugby league community.
Post Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 am
Posted by snowie on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:21 am
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 153
Rep Position: 21st / 77,493

Quiz Score: 232

My Mate Ronnie wrote:
The young kid at the start of the footage ( Joe Sharratt ) has gone from that first punch . That was a cheap shot on that kid , him and his mate were outnumbered from the start so it would have been easy to restrain them IF they were causing bother .

The way the kid went to deck could easily have killed him.

Then the other cowards start reigning punches on the other young kid ...Really ! ! .. . Credit to him he took a few and stood his ground , one on one he would probably have floored one of those cowards .

To hear them encouraging each other was sickening , surely this a matter for the police . That was assault clear as day .

I don’t like Bullies ... every dog has its day . Hope the kids dust themselves off .
I would want to hear what the reason was for this barbaric behaviour, I also thought a bouncer was meant to be a defensive rather than attacking only using force when required.
I hope further action will be taken as dismal seems an easy cop for that brawl
Post Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 am
Posted by Wanderer on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 am
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 52
Rep Position: 79th / 77,493

Quiz Score: 512

Good to hear that Joe is now home and reported to be on the mend.