WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - "The Tommy Makinson/Tom Johnstone Love in - fill your boots"

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace "The Tommy Makinson/Tom Johnstone Love in - fill your boots"

Posted by ThePrinter on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Shifty Cat wrote:
LOL why bring Makinson up in a new signing thread? Start a new one about him, if he wanted to call him the best winger in SL and all that. The point was that's where the thread became derailed and is all i pointed out, If you can't see it for what it is, I care less at this point. :lol:

Why when someone posted they were looking forward to seeing Uate should Vastman reply that theirs better wingers than him in SL? Absolutely no different. Still can never be Wakefield fans fault even though they’re the reoccurring theme in every derailed thread.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by steadygetyerboots-on on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:53 pm
steadygetyerboots-on Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

As a Cas fan I can see both sides of the “real” argument here having been part of it recently.
Having had too few good players over the last 20 years it’s easy for wakey fans to get giddy when you produce a home grown genuine quality player so you get behind them & are stunned when others don’t think they’re as amazing as you do it’s usually cos they’re used to seeing that level of quality on a more regular basis.
On the flip side Fans of so called bigger clubs don’t like a newcomer at the table forcing them to look at someone who doesn’t play in their 4 team league & they don’t want to play with the new kid so stick together Hoping that the newcomer will go away soon enough leaving them to discuss themselves to death.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".
Posted by JINJER on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:05 pm
JINJER User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

WakeyTrin1873 wrote:
You’ve proven yourself to be an idiot and probably affiliated with Jean and Kev as well

Nah then Vasty, three day ban hit you hard did it? Jeez.
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT
Posted by JonnoTheGreat on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:41 pm
JonnoTheGreat Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

WakeyTrin1873 wrote:
You’ve proven yourself to be an idiot and probably affiliated with Jean and Kev as well

So I'm an idiot because I'd rather have Makinson in my side ahead of your beloved Johnstone? On what basis do I have to agree with Wakey fans over anything?

Again, you lot really are a strange breed.
Posted by ryano on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 pm
ryano User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Makinson by a country mile at the moment.
"Arguably the best Rugby League side certainly in the last 40 years!" Phil Clarke.
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:19 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

I can hear you moving about upstairs. I know you’re not asleep I’ve got you haven’t I?
derek john beaumont @derekabsundecks · Apr 9
The beauty of social media is what is written is cast in stone to contradict what the author decides to say later @drmarwanK
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:09 am
Ruune Rebellion Stevo's Armpit

ATEOD, it’s actually a nice topic of conversation for us fans to have as when was the last time we had 4 international class wingers to choose from? It was always one with Hall until recently with the emergence of Jerry.
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans
Posted by brettoncat on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:00 pm
brettoncat User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

I’m also a wakey fan but as much as I rate Tom he isn’t in the same league as makinson at this moment in time. I agree, makinson was outstanding. PS, we arnt all a strange breed.
Posted by WakeyTrin1873 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:09 pm
WakeyTrin1873 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

ThePrinter wrote:
Why when someone posted they were looking forward to seeing Uate should Vastman reply that theirs better wingers than him in SL? Absolutely no different. Still can never be Wakefield fans fault even though they’re the reoccurring theme in every derailed thread.
Posted by Tommy Duckfingers on Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:23 pm
Tommy Duckfingers User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Can we just clear up that a small handfull of posters by no means speak for "Wakefield Fans" and the majority of us have no desire to be lumped together.

TJ is a very, very good winger but behind Makinson and even MacGillivary by some way at the moment in my opinion. He'll get his chance soon enough though if he keeps up the good work.
We put this festival on you ba****ds
With whole lotta love
We worked for one year for you pigs
And you wanna break our walls down
And you wanna destroy
Well you go to hell
PreviousNext