Posted by Call Me God on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:21 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Kennedy wrote:
https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/28/england-crowd-estimate-second-test-new-zealand-anfield-rugby-league?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR316A7jdzuq5WuKxeNdx5sqIZslcMDXPblVJ6haU7w7RRyZmcIoeBLOXAc

The Million Fans estimate for the RLWC 2021 was downgraded to 750,000 recently.....I can see this number being further downgraded in the coming months as Rimmer becomes more and more out of his depth.
31 games will need 24,200 a pop to hit the 750,000.......if we can't get that for any of these test matches this series then god help us in 3 years time.......and I repeat, Hearn isn't the answer
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Re: Leigh and Hull
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 am
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,307

Mild mannered Janitor wrote:
as asked earlier, where abouts did you sit yesterday?

I was sat in the South Stand
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 am
Posted by UllFC on Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:23 am
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Call Me God wrote:
The Million Fans estimate for the RLWC 2021 was downgraded to 750,000 recently.....I can see this number being further downgraded in the coming months as Rimmer becomes more and more out of his depth.
31 games will need 24,200 a pop to hit the 750,000.......if we can't get that for any of these test matches this series then god help us in 3 years time.......and I repeat, Hearn isn't the answer

The impression that they would be 'happy' with 25k at Anfield is scary. Shows a complete lack of direction and ambition. We may as well have sold out the DW for a lot cheaper ground rent if we are throwing in the towel promoting the game.

As for the World Cup, can only hope that Hearn or the team from 2013 get involved or as you say we will face low crowds. We won't even get the benefit of France playing games at home as the government has quite rightly said their funding is to be spent in the UK only.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am
Posted by The Magic Rat on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 am
The Magic Rat User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
I was sat in the South Stand

;-) At Headingley on the open day?
Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?
Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?
Woody: For a beer?
Norm: No, for stupid questions.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am
Posted by Someday on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Talking about the rfl nd the fact they are crap I ordered my tickets for anfield Liverpool for Saturday game so booked hotel for 2 nights come hom Sunday I now live don south when they changed it to Sunday I so it on Facebook if not I would not have known tryed to ring wast of time could not get through so emailed that ne’er I got was sorry you did not get the email so thanks to them have to book another night in Liverpool thank god I am retired so do not have to worry about work
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am
Posted by Someday on Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Talking about the rfl nd the fact they are crap I ordered my tickets for anfield Liverpool for Saturday game so booked hotel for 2 nights come hom Sunday I now live don south when they changed it to Sunday I so it on Facebook if not I would not have known tryed to ring wast of time could not get through so emailed that ne’er I got was sorry you did not get the email so thanks to them have to book another night in Liverpool thank god I am retired so do not have to worry about work
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am
Posted by Prince on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:49 am
Prince Stevo's Armpit

It's woeful, and disappointing. I'm from Hull, live out of town, and came back into the City for the match. Plenty of West Yorkshire accents all around me, so I'd say the drop off was from locals. Here's why:
- Hull is not an affluent area, the pricing strategy was wrong for this game - £50 for a half way line ticket is just ridiculous.
- It appears that there no co-ordination on marketing with either of the clubs. It's a myth that Rovers fans won't go to KCOM - for Derby matches they regularly take 3k. Here's an idea: why didn't the RFL give Rovers a 'section' (or the South Stand) to sell to season ticket holders for a small discount to insensitive the club to promote the match. People might disagree with the idea of creating a Rovers colony within the ground for an international match, but I reckon it would've at least shifted some tickets. Bigger question - why aren't all (at least Yorkshire) clubs given an allocation of tickets to try shift?
- There was almost an 'anti-campaign' from the clubs if you think about it: in the last few weeks (where I suspect the RFL imagined they'd sell most of their tickets given their 'marketing (or press releases sent to the Hull Daily Mail) kicked), both clubs have released their 2019 shirts. In fact, Rovers have released 2 shirts. How do they think people will have spare cash to buy tickets for the match when they're spending £50-100 at least on a shirt(s). Surely the RFL could've got the clubs to hold back their shirt releases until after the match, or perhaps do something innovative whereby if you bought a ticket for the match you got £X off one of the new shirts?
- There was no effort to make it feel like a big match. No pre-match / half time entertainment announcements, no fan park, no City Centre activity to create buzz. It was like: ''pay yer £50 for a ticket for 80 mins rugby in the cold and rain and be happy with it'.

It's been the first time I've been back to KCOM in a few years and I was quite surprised that it's starting to get a bit shabby, especially in the concourse area. I didn't feel as 'new' as it used to. It seems like the management company are not investing in upkeep beyond the pitch, and it distinctly feel's like Hull City's stadium with all their signage (can't believe the RFL didn't cover the Hull City sign above the tunnel).

Overall, it feels like the RFL did the whole thing on the cheap.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 pm
Posted by rugbyreddog on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:27 pm
rugbyreddog User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

This links nicely into the NFL thread. The NFL control all the marketing so no club would have been having a shirt release day on the same days as a big event for the league as a whole. It's the whole problem with no one entity running the game.
Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:49 pm
Posted by Beverley red on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:49 pm
Beverley red Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

Having read this thread I can see why our game is struggling, if people are moaning about the cost of a ticket? £50 to £100 is not a lot to pay for the best seats in the house. If the majority of our fans can’t afford what any other major sport would charge for a showcase event then we are stuffed. We should pitch our sport at those who can afford to pay, why should we discount tickets? That’s the best way to go bust I know. If you want top athletes then pay what it costs to produce them.
PreviousNext