Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 am
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
5000 at Leigh with dirt cheap tickets for England v France.

17000 at Hull for a test against New Zealand.

Both of these crowds are terrible. Neither Leigh or Hull should host an international again.

Like I said in another thread. What did England RL and the RFL do in the towns of Beverley, Bridlington, Scarborough, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Cleethorpes, Lincoln etc. (none of which have big association football or rugby union teams) [and more of the smaller towns and villages closer to Kingston upon Hull] to market the game or advertise tickets for the game yesterday? Never mind in the city of Hull itself!

Why haven’t England RL and the RFL in conjunction with HFC and HKR been to all of those towns in the last ten months to promote a “Big England international just a few miles down the road from you in a ‘growing sport’ that needs more supporters”?

In a thirty second bypassing thought I came up with the idea of having a “Ticket Battle” between Hull’s two clubs; a race to see which club could sell the most tickets or something like an initiative to see if HKR could sell more tickets for the England game at their rival’s stadium than their usual allocation for a Hull derby.

Was there anything other than a few emails to the same people who always buy tickets? I’d actually like to know!

Same next week. The ticket battle could have been between Wire, Wigan and Saints; who can sell the most tickets for Anfield between the region’s three best supported clubs?

Why are some tickets priced at £55 for these games? Why isn’t it £5-7 for juniors and OAPs and £15-17 for adults?

It’s acutally stupid to think that you can rely on the same people to buy tickets for games who’ve just been before. They could have changed email addresses, changed their email preferences so they don’t receive promotional emails, moved away so can’t get to the game or even died!

You have to branch out and get to new audiences with new ideas and I’m afraid the same inept people are making the same inept mistakes at England RL and the RFL and have failed so far in their selling of tickets for this series.

I’m dreading Anfield next week. I think it might be an all time low for the England international team with huge swathes of empty seats, a far cry from thirty years ago when we’d even sell out Wembley!
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Re: Leigh and Hull
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 am
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:55 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 77,307

Mike1970 wrote:
The advertising was nonexistent locally. The night before the match a bloke in my local asked me if there was a match and if he’d known he would’ve bought some tickets.

Also, tickets were not available to purchase locally, only through the RL website.

To expect people to know about a match that wasn’t advertised and to then make them hunt for tickets was never going attract a good crowd.

In Barcelona they have ticket kiosks around the city where you can walk up and buy tickets for Barça games. I bet there wasn’t even a poster up in Kingston upon Hull advertising the game, never mind a ticket stall!

RFL, if you’re reading, give me £35k/year salary and I’ll do your marketing on my own and do a better job than your whole organisation has done for years!
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 am
Posted by JackDiggle on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 am
JackDiggle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

The ourleague app is she shoddiest booking system I’ve ever used (and I’ve designed a couple) - the basket doesn’t delete unused selections even after a day, clearing the basket breaks the system even if the app is deleted and reinstalled. Forgot password - asking for a reset gets you 3 or 4 emails with different new passwords!
The discount is not applied automatically you have to find a promo code which isn’t mentioned anywhere! In the end had to use Ticketmaster directly.

Against France the cheap ticket was only available as a single ticket purchase so someone else could buy the one next to you before your mate buys his or as someone helpfully suggested from the RFL “use another Id to set up another account” - absolute clowns.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:03 am
Posted by UllFC on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:03 am
UllFC User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,307

Psychedelic Casual wrote:
In Barcelona they have ticket kiosks around the city where you can walk up and buy tickets for Barça games. I bet there wasn’t even a poster up in Kingston upon Hull advertising the game, never mind a ticket stall!

RFL, if you’re reading, give me £35k/year salary and I’ll do your marketing on my own and do a better job than your whole organisation has done for years!

Didn't see any billboards and posters in Hull.

The KCOM doesn't have a proper ticket office, but that's an issue caused by Hull City's idiotic owners. But that problem could have been avoided by letting FC and Rovers retail stores sell tickets. I'm sure Hull City Council would have also been up for doing similar at their own ticket offices if there was a chance to earn some commission. Even in this increasingly digital age there are people who still like to pay cash and get paper tickets.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:09 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:09 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,307

This fixture had 24k at Huddersfield in 2016 and 44k at the Olympic Stadium London in 2015. 17k is a disgrace.

It could have been played in Denver, with an even worse crowd and "extended credit" :SHOOT:
Right venue, zero promotion of the fixture, maybe you could put yourself forward to show everyone how its done and advise on just where these fixtures should take place.
Although it's not the job of The BBC to promote our sport, you would hardly of known that this game was going to be shown.
Now, if it was England RU, against ANY opposition, the fixture would have had wall to wall adverts, which knocks a huge hole in the usual knockers of our sport who claim the RL fans are the wrong type to interest advertisers as the Beeb doesn't have any.
It would be helpful if someone who actually knows, to tell us just who is responsible for promoting these games.
We have some heavyweight earners at the top of the sport but, nobody seems to be doing a damn thing about the receding profile of the sport across ALL media platforms, even the SL website was very late to show details of the fixture, squad etc.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am
Posted by JackDiggle on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am
JackDiggle Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

The engagement of the sport with the Manchester Evening News reflects the demise we’re in.

The paper will print news of some bother in Wigan, Leigh, Oldham , Rochdale and Salford without a thought but the idea of mentioning a game of sport attended by thousands doesn’t occur to them, or is it lack of advertising by the game results in a tit-for-tat demotion.

Manchester Giants basketball attendance 1000 + is treated as a major sport by said newspaper.

Game needs marketing and local news and their websites would be a good place to start.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 am
Posted by dddooommm on Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 am
dddooommm User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Neither Leigh or Hull should host an international again.
I agree that the attendances are very poor. Perhaps give other cities and towns an opportunity to host? Why don't the RFL take the games 'on tour' instead of playing at the same collection of grounds year after year. I'd love to see a game at the newly renovated Headingley Stadium. I think Saints, Salford, Warrington and maybe even Doncaster are viable options for England internationals.
BullBuidler - Bradford Bulls Supporters Trust
www.bullbuilder.co.uk
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Posted by Durham Giant on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,307

JackDiggle wrote:
The engagement of the sport with the Manchester Evening News reflects the demise we’re in.

The paper will print news of some bother in Wigan, Leigh, Oldham , Rochdale and Salford without a thought but the idea of mentioning a game of sport attended by thousands doesn’t occur to them, or is it lack of advertising by the game results in a tit-for-tat demotion.
Manchester Giants basketball attendance 1000 + is treated as a major sport by said newspaper.

Game needs marketing and local news and their websites would be a good place to start.

The Huddersfield examiner rarely prints much about the Giants no match reports etc. Or news stories that are days old
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,307

Yes these crowds are poor, but how many moaning on here went to either game or intend on going to any of the international games. It's ok blaming marketing and the RFL but when the General hardcore RL won't go then why should anybody else.
That said £50 for a centre line ticket is too much, around £35 and £25 for everywher else would be better, we don't want to short sell the games but we seem to be overpricing as well.
Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:41 pm
Posted by Molsk111 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:41 pm
Molsk111 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

It should be about generating the big audience,, just seems to me about gaining as much cash as possible to feed the greasy greedy people running the game
PreviousNext