Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 254
Rep Position: 8th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

To get back to the question posed by the op.
It's difficult to see just how Salford can keep on breathing, with rent on ground high enough to make a successful side struggle and the lowest crowds in SL and no wealthy backer (assuming that Koucash is not lurking in the background like a pantomime villain), the look to be on borrowed time.
Hopefully this isn't the case and they can pull their fortunes round but, from the outside looking in, it doesnt look great.
Re: Salford a ticking time bomb
Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am
Posted by fun time frankie on Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 119
Rep Position: 26th / 77,446

jakeyg95 wrote:
Serious question, what on earth do you spend your money on if you have the Sky money, those crowds and 500k on top from your owners? Because Wakey are 450k below the cap but we have a much better squad.

I agree you do have a better squad but I can’t believe your that much under the cap
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 pm
Posted by jakeyg95 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:55 pm
jakeyg95 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 97th / 77,446

fun time frankie wrote:
I agree you do have a better squad but I can’t believe your that much under the cap

Does seem a lot under but according to Michael Carter that's how much we were under this season. Point still stands though, if we had your crowds we'd be able to spend the full cap and probably get a top class half back and full back which would probably put us in the top four. And that's without the owners needing to put another 500k in on top.
Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:05 pm
Posted by the artist on Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:05 pm
the artist User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 91st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 84

wrencat1873 wrote:
To get back to the question posed by the op.
It's difficult to see just how Salford can keep on breathing, with rent on ground high enough to make a successful side struggle and the lowest crowds in SL and no wealthy backer (assuming that Koucash is not lurking in the background like a pantomime villain), the look to be on borrowed time.
Hopefully this isn't the case and they can pull their fortunes round but, from the outside looking in, it doesnt look great.

one ominous sign, and i'm sure this almost applies to the whole of the superleague is that they don't seem to be growing their fanbase. if the next tv deal is a bad one, then clubs have to offset losses by either cutting the wage bill or growing their crowds and commercial income, and they should be making efforts now in advance of the deal. i don't see too many signs that clubs are looking to do this. the poster who commented on semi pro rugby might have a point
The referee's indecision is final
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 am
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:45 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 159
Rep Position: 15th / 77,446

Salford red all over wrote:
Nothing to write about expansion today pathetic Trolling it should be stopped.

With absolutely no financial facts so no basis for his argument, just pure speculational trolling! He’s ignored the fact that Salford have signed Hastings and Sio, with more to come, and spouts some right old garbage about not being able to field a team. Did it ever occur to him that Salford have released players they have deemed haven’t done enough for the wages they’re on so are replacing them with new ones?
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am
Posted by TheButcher on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am
TheButcher User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 112th / 77,446

Strangely, we're in a better situation now than the whole of last season. MK said he would write-off the debt if we stayed in SL. Whether that happens is anyone's guess, but considering that Salford have just spent the whole of last season paying-off debt, it will be considerably lower than it was originally. High wage earners were sold, and still are being. We brought in cheap replacements, crowd-funded one and MK brought in one. We've survived in SL for another season, and while any clubs financial situation is precarious, we're sitting in a stronger position than we've been in for a long while. Hastings, Lussick, and Sio with more to come. Season tickets so far have sold more than the last few seasons.

We'll be fine.
...Diagnosing SBD (Sporting Bipolar Disorder) since 2003...
Negs bringing down the tone of your forum? Keyboard Bell-endery tiresome? Embarrassed by some of your own fans?
Then you need...
TheButcher
I must be STOPPED!!
Vice Chairman of The Scarlet Turkey Clique
Grand Wizard Shill of Nibiru Prime & Dark Globe Champion
Chairman of 'The Neil Barker School for gifted Clowns'
"A Local Forum. For Local People"
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 am
Posted by Lockers700 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:37 am
Lockers700 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 100th / 77,446

Kopczak now confirmed by Trinity on a one year deal. Salford have been making some good signings recently but only time will tell what depth the squad will have.

Good to see they have listened to their fans & are going back to Sunday afternoons for home fixtures, albeit subject to sky tv demands.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 pm
Posted by homme vaste on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:15 pm
homme vaste User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 160
Rep Position: 14th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 184

fun time frankie wrote:

On 26th June this year we were £336,000 below the cap, since then we have offloaded our first choice halfback in Finn, and released other players such as Mason Caton-Brown and Baldwinson - Our highest earner in Kirmond is now I imagine on a much reduced deal. We have signed CK and George King so I would imagine that puts us around 400k below the cap.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm
Posted by northmanchesterdevil on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm
northmanchesterdevil User avatar

TheButcher wrote:
Strangely, we're in a better situation now than the whole of last season. MK said he would write-off the debt if we stayed in SL. Whether that happens is anyone's guess, but considering that Salford have just spent the whole of last season paying-off debt, it will be considerably lower than it was originally. High wage earners were sold, and still are being. We brought in cheap replacements, crowd-funded one and MK brought in one. We've survived in SL for another season, and while any clubs financial situation is precarious, we're sitting in a stronger position than we've been in for a long while. Hastings, Lussick, and Sio with more to come. Season tickets so far have sold more than the last few seasons.

We'll be fine.

Indeed.
There is a lot of work going on in community also rebuilding relationships that have been broken in the past.
We have a supporter's trust which is working hard to spread the word and also organising travel options for supporters by putting on special bus routes to the stadium.
The regular Sunday request is also going to help crowds and has meant that I can buy season tickets for the first time in a few years.
As above, we'll be fine.
Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:09 pm
Posted by vastman on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:09 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 296
Rep Position: 4th / 77,446

fun time frankie wrote:

Well you would think that wouldn't you - you tend to think a lot of things that have no truth in them.
SUPPORT SWAG...
PreviousNext