Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 am
Posted by Judder Man on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 am
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Loop fixtures just dilutes the competition even more and already mentioned starts to really make us as a Micky Mouse sport.
Raise the intensity and quality of the sport and you will get more people attending games, an increase of 10% would get rid of 2 loop fixtures.
The game from the RFL and at Club Level are pathetic in marketing the game it’s more money funding we need not more fixtures.
We already seeing the deterioration in our game by overloading players, what we get now is a lot of time wasting in games and most clubs playing a large part of the season with 30 to 50% players injured.
That situation does not make our game a good product.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Re: Loop fixtures
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:29 am
Posted by Wadski on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:29 am
Wadski User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
The play offs are also set to go back to the top 5 system (despite the hissy fits when Leeds won it from 5th), which often results in the same two teams meeting twice in the play offs.

This change along with loop fixtures means you could look forward to playing the same team 7 times in one season, how ridiculous. Get 14 teams in Super League and stop the loop fixtures nonsense.

Teams to meet 7 times.
1 pre season friendly, 3 times in the regular season, 1 cup game, 2 play off games.

Giants have played Wakefield 6 times this season.
1 Pre Season Friendly
2 Weekly Rounds
1 Magic Weekend
1 Challenge Cup
1 Super8s.

By your thoughts we could up that to 8!

1 Preseason
2 weekly rounds
1 magic weekend
1 loop fixture
1 challenge cup
2 playoffs
For the latest Giants News on Twitter first: Click Here Now!

FREE STUFF
We're Claret and Gold
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 am
Posted by wire-flyer on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 am
wire-flyer User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Would cheapen the LLS shield even more with some teams having an easier run of fixtures towards the end of the season than others
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am
Posted by rollin thunder on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 am
rollin thunder Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,222

bad bad idea hardly any (if any) fans want loop fixtures it will result in even poorer crowds either 12 teams home and away or expand to 14 clubs, said before next years format could be crucial to the future of the game and looks like they are going to cock it up. no way am i renewing season tickets if 8's stay or loop fixtures are introduced i will just go to which ever games take my fancy and wait for the ones that matter, and i dare say quite allot of fans will do the same.
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am
Posted by bren2k on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:22 am
bren2k User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 32
Rep Position: 7th / 77,222

rollin thunder wrote:
bad bad idea hardly any (if any) fans want loop fixtures it will result in even poorer crowds either 12 teams home and away or expand to 14 clubs, said before next years format could be crucial to the future of the game and looks like they are going to cock it up. no way am i renewing season tickets if 8's stay or loop fixtures are introduced i will just go to which ever games take my fancy and wait for the ones that matter, and i dare say quite allot of fans will do the same.

I would agree - and I'm of your view that a significant number of fans would do the same thing; watching WT play the Giants twice is bad enough - 6 or 7 is too much to bear.

I wonder what the issue is with expanding the league to add 2 more teams - is it simply that there aren't 2 more teams who could make a decent fist of it, or is there some protectionism around Sky money for SL clubs behind that school of thought?

This proposal seems like the worst of all worlds.
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am
Posted by Tommy Duckfingers on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am
Tommy Duckfingers User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

The worth of boast worlds.
We put this festival on you ba****ds
With whole lotta love
We worked for one year for you pigs
And you wanna break our walls down
And you wanna destroy
Well you go to hell
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:55 pm
rollin thunder Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,222

bren2k wrote:
I would agree - and I'm of your view that a significant number of fans would do the same thing; watching WT play the Giants twice is bad enough - 6 or 7 is too much to bear.

I wonder what the issue is with expanding the league to add 2 more teams - is it simply that there aren't 2 more teams who could make a decent fist of it, or is there some protectionism around Sky money for SL clubs behind that school of thought?

trying to keep the money all for themselves, but when they are hemorrhaging crowds they will lose more than the loss of revenue from sharing the tv money over 14 teams. tragic greed that could be the start of a decline in the game.
is it 1.8 million each club gets, going to 14 would be a loss of 300k surely only a minor increase in average with flat home away fixtures would cover that. Thats like an extra 1000 supporter per match that is all. wigan lost like 2k against against wakefield and average attendance way down, across the whole league.
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm
Posted by Mr Dog on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:49 pm
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

bren2k wrote:

You really need to ask?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm
Posted by bramleyrhino on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:12 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,222

Charlie Sheen wrote:
A lot of the clubs in SL require at least 14 home games a year to survive, so loop fixtures are inevitable unless the number of teams is increased.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The clubs only "need" 14 games because they're not working hard enough to generate more income from the games they have. It's easier / cheaper to flog the talent and to keep tapping into the captive market than it is to find new revenue sources and new audiences. We don't need more games. We need new fans and new revenue models.

This is a perfect example of the club chairmen ruining the sport through their own laziness.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 248

Tommy Duckfingers wrote:
The worth of boast worlds.

Their worth is worth… you know…
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
PreviousNext