WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Dublin Blues for League One in 2020

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Dublin Blues for League One in 2020

Re: Dublin Blues for League One in 2020
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 am
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:16 am
Charlie Sheen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

They can't be as bad as West Wales, so why not?
King Monkey wrote:
Maybe a spell in prison would do Graham good.

At least he'd lose his virginity.
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:28 am
Posted by Joff on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:28 am
Joff Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

wildshot wrote:
(I hate the word "soccer")

Why do soccer people think they own the word 'football' when they do not and that their brand of football, that being originally known as Association is merely just one of the several codes that come from an even older football origin than soccer or rugby!!

Too much of this 're-writing' history BS these days. RL in Manchester was as big as soccer at one stage did you know??
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am
Posted by Trainman on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:36 am
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

Call Me God wrote:
If you spent less time flipping between here as Jean and the other sites you infest, then maybe you would!
Nope. It's just fatigue of years of listening to idiotic "fans" who believe that we have a god given right to have our sport played everywhere and dropping pins in a friggin map......instead of being snide, why not answer the pertinent question? Who will invest the required £100,000,000 needed to found and then support your 3 imaginary teams with sustainable roots for the first 10 years? I mean, it's only £10,000,000 a year......surely there's some rich guys in Cardiff, Edinburgh and Belfast that the RFL know want to invest.... :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:

Idiotic fans? That’s nice.

I’m not a businessman, I’m not a sports administrator. I’m just a RL fan who said I would like to see a top level club in each of the home nations. Whether that’s practical, possible or sustainable I have no idea.

I’d also like to see world peace and an end to hunger. Are you going to jump down my throat for that too?
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 pm
Posted by wildshot on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:21 pm
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

Joff wrote:
Why do soccer people think they own the word 'football' when they do not and that their brand of football, that being originally known as Association is merely just one of the several codes that come from an even older football origin than soccer or rugby!!

Too much of this 're-writing' history BS these days. RL in Manchester was as big as soccer at one stage did you know??

This is an RL forum in case you hadn't noticed. However just to please you the correct name is Association Football from which the term "soccer" is derived.

Call me literal but a game which is overwhelming about feet (foot) making contact with a ball is an appropriate sport to be termed football. Other codes like you refer to, such as American Football, Aussie Rules, Rugby and so on spend less time where the foot and ball are in contact. Sorry to state the blinking obvious but football is most appropriately applied to the sport which Manchester United or Manchester City play.

Now stop trolling and what are your views on expansion in rugby league?
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Posted by Pumpetypump on Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 pm
Pumpetypump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 320

I know I'm digressing slightly, and of course that's not normal for the virtual terrace, but I've often wondered why the larger RU teams haven't thought to develop a sister RL side.

By creating a sporting franchise encompassing both codes, they'd use their stadium all year round, open up additional commercial markets, and tap into an expanded player pool. You'd think at least some of them would have given it a go.

They would resemble a reversed version of the combined Leeds club, with for example Leicester Tigers RU getting 15,000 in the winter, and Leicester Tigers RL getting 5,000 in the summer. But as I say they'd be using their primary asset (the ground) and bars 12 months a year.
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Posted by Trainman on Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:25 pm
Trainman Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,218

Pumpetypump wrote:
I know I'm digressing slightly, and of course that's not normal for the virtual terrace, but I've often wondered why the larger RU teams haven't thought to develop a sister RL side.

By creating a sporting franchise encompassing both codes, they'd use their stadium all year round, open up additional commercial markets, and tap into an expanded player pool. You'd think at least some of them would have given it a go.

They would resemble a reversed version of the combined Leeds club, with for example Leicester Tigers RU getting 15,000 in the winter, and Leicester Tigers RL getting 5,000 in the summer. But as I say they'd be using their primary asset (the ground) and bars 12 months a year.

I’d imagine the politics of RU may get in the way. In theory I like the idea of that though.
Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:13 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:13 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,218

Pumpetypump wrote:

We had tha in london..... Then IL bought Wigan and was told he couldn't keep his interest in us...... Nobody wanted to deal with the minority owner David Huvhes so became defacto owner and immediately started to dismantle the club..... Starting with destroying the relationship with the union lot and then employing yesmen and unqualified ones at that.....ended up a tier down and playing at a wedding venue inside 8 years..... Proving money on its own isn't enough.
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Posted by Lebron James on Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Lebron James Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,218

wildshot wrote:
This is an RL forum in case you hadn't noticed. However just to please you the correct name is Association Football from which the term "soccer" is derived.

Call me literal but a game which is overwhelming about feet (foot) making contact with a ball is an appropriate sport to be termed football. Other codes like you refer to, such as American Football, Aussie Rules, Rugby and so on spend less time where the foot and ball are in contact. Sorry to state the blinking obvious but football is most appropriately applied to the sport which Manchester United or Manchester City play.

Now stop trolling and what are your views on expansion in rugby league?

You do realise what the “F” in RFL stands for don’t you?

Regards

King James
Superleague Titles
Warrington Wolfs - 0
Wakefield Trinity - 0
Leigh Centurions - 0
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 am
Posted by wildshot on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:55 am
wildshot User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

Yes James I do, it is accompanied with an R to represent rugby football. (All this because I said I didn't like the word "soccer" :roll: )
http://flightsandfrustration.com/

It is "Fifita" not "Fafita"

If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed.

Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time.

Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity
Previous