WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wembley
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am
Posted by GiantMisterE on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:11 am
GiantMisterE Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 114th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Posts: 245
Discount code of WEMBLEY15WEST for £15 tickets in blocks 131-136 lower tier
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:15 am
Posted by bramleyrhino on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:15 am
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 90
Rep Position: 39th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:39 pm
Posts: 12597
Location: Leeds 13
silver2 wrote:
I think this is the key. We appear to be less social as a society these days. When I started work in the 1970s we had numerous works outings but in the last 10-20 years this concept had all but disappeared. The same also applied at the local pub and social club. Could the fault lie with computers and the internet?


It's all manner of factors. Pubs and clubs are closing because they're becoming less relevant as a centre of the community, and the concept of "community" is, itself, less relevant. It's not just a pub and club thing - many aspects of "community life" have the same issues for slightly varied reasons - the church being an obvious one.

Twenty years ago, pubs were the only place you watch sport on a big screen. Today, more of us have big screen HD TVs and Sky Sports subscriptons at home. Younger generations are also generally drinking less.

And our lives have changed. We're more transient as a population - we move around for work and study and we change jobs more often - we're no longer in an era of "jobs for life" where people leave school at 16 and buy a house near to the factory where they'll work until they're in their 60s. We also commute longer. Those things all eat into the time that was traditionally spent in the pub.

It's easy to characterise these problems as "kids on their computer games", but it's actually just a reflection of how life has changed. One of the problems that RL the clubs at both amateur and professional level clubs haven't responded to those changes.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls


Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.


Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 am
Posted by Karen on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 116
Rep Position: 28th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10835
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
bramleyrhino wrote:
It's all manner of factors. Pubs and clubs are closing because they're becoming less relevant as a centre of the community, and the concept of "community" is, itself, less relevant. It's not just a pub and club thing - many aspects of "community life" have the same issues for slightly varied reasons - the church being an obvious one.

Twenty years ago, pubs were the only place you watch sport on a big screen. Today, more of us have big screen HD TVs and Sky Sports subscriptons at home. Younger generations are also generally drinking less.

And our lives have changed. We're more transient as a population - we move around for work and study and we change jobs more often - we're no longer in an era of "jobs for life" where people leave school at 16 and buy a house near to the factory where they'll work until they're in their 60s. We also commute longer. Those things all eat into the time that was traditionally spent in the pub.

It's easy to characterise these problems as "kids on their computer games", but it's actually just a reflection of how life has changed. One of the problems that RL the clubs at both amateur and professional level clubs haven't responded to those changes.

Nail. Head.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm
Posted by Cokey on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm
Cokey User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 274
Rep Position: 6th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 5148
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
JonnoTheGreat wrote:
Rather embarrassing for Warrington that they'll be involved in a Wembley Challenge Cup final which will certainly have it's lowest ever attendance.


This has got to be jealousy of the highest order.
Last edited by Cokey on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 pm
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:31 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 230
Rep Position: 10th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 am
Posts: 2941
GiantMisterE wrote:
Discount code of WEMBLEY15WEST for £15 tickets in blocks 131-136 lower tier

My point is neutrals and Joe public who do not have a discount code are unlikely to fork out £50 (cheapest available without a code)

Why have the £20 and £30 tickets been taken off sale, it’s a bizarre strategy.
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm
Posted by Karen on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:30 pm
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 116
Rep Position: 28th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:13 am
Posts: 10835
Location: The right side of the river, by 49 miles!!
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
My point is neutrals and Joe public who do not have a discount code are unlikely to fork out £50 (cheapest available without a code)

Why have the £20 and £30 tickets been taken off sale, it’s a bizarre strategy.

They are trying to sell the tickets behind the sticks that go directly to the clubs and where most fans of the final clubs want to be sat. I know that our seats for the last 2 years have been in the region of £50 for behind the sticks but we paid because we couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The cheaper tickets are in the more neutral areas that they've closed off to try and get a fuller bottom bowl.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:50 pm
Posted by silver2 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:50 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 48
Rep Position: 71st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 1269
Location: Warrington
JonnoTheGreat wrote:
Rather embarrassing for Warrington that they'll be involved in a Wembley Challenge Cup final which will certainly have it's lowest ever attendance.


If JonnoTheGreat comes out with this kind of tosh can you imagine what JonnoTheOrdinary comes out with?
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm
Posted by EastHullUTR on Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:22 pm
EastHullUTR User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 80th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm
Posts: 269
Location: East Hull, is wonderful...
From a drinking perspective going on a bustrip to magic or the grand final is much better. With the grand final you're able to do a pub crawl beforehand. With magic you've got St James right in the centre of Newcastle and the prospect of a night out after. With Wembley you've got overpriced merchandise and some arches. Not a patch on the old Wembley
"Never forget the people who love you... The Supporters" Roger Millward MBE 1947-2016
Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull's number one club
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:41 pm
Posted by Uncle Rico on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:41 pm
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 109
Rep Position: 30th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 3949
Location: Stuck in 1982
Karen wrote:
They are trying to sell the tickets behind the sticks that go directly to the clubs and where most fans of the final clubs want to be sat. I know that our seats for the last 2 years have been in the region of £50 for behind the sticks but we paid because we couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The cheaper tickets are in the more neutral areas that they've closed off to try and get a fuller bottom bowl.


Sorry had to read your last sentence twice "a fuller bottom bowl" didn't seem aspirational at all on first viewing
Re: Wembley
Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:54 pm
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:54 pm
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 159
Rep Position: 15th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:46 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Manchester
Cokey wrote:
This has got to be jealousy of the highest order.

He’s the most bitter man on this whole site. I’ve seen smaller chips on ‘manVfood’ than the one Jonno has on his shoulder about the Wire.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sCat, altofts wildcat, Asgardian13, Boss Hog, Bullsmad, Durham Giant, Kevin Turvey, Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza, moving on..., PopTart, Ruune Rebellion, scarrie, Someday, will_leeds and 184 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,849,2011,45477,4464,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
TOMORROW 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
TOULOUSE
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
LONDON SKOLARS
TOMORROW 17:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
ROCHDALE
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
YORK
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2