WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Posted by RLRealist on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:03 pm
RLRealist User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

SRV wrote:
What assistance have Toronto been given?

Nought, nil, nada, nothing, zero, zilch and zip.
Posted by EastHullUTR on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:28 pm
EastHullUTR User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I may be wrong but weren't Toronto given exemption from the salary cap for their first two years as a team, like when Catalans started (That allowed them to sign players like Stacey Jones)
"Never forget the people who love you... The Supporters" Roger Millward MBE 1947-2016
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:51 pm
Sir Kevin Sinfield Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

EastHullUTR wrote:
I may be wrong but weren't Toronto given exemption from the salary cap for their first two years as a team, like when Catalans started (That allowed them to sign players like Stacey Jones)

No, you are wrong
Posted by Mr Dog on Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:36 pm
Mr Dog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

EastHullUTR wrote:

For 2017 the C1 SC was increased to the lower of 50% of (relevant) income or £1.85m.
Posted by JonB95 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm
JonB95 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,222

Call Me God wrote:
What utter drivel.......Toronto are nowt more than a bunch of average RL players with the same pedigree as Fax, Fev or HKR.......they are the RFL's version of Melbourne Storm having been given every assistance available.....they offer nothing to the gme other than a different home for has been players and £1.8 million of sky cash....and as for the announced gate last night.......there weren't 4k there last night!
To answer the OP......toronto will most likely go up.....and then you'll see exactly what the emperor is wearing!

Literally everything you just said is wrong, almost impressive really
Posted by Judder Man on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:23 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,222

Call Me God wrote:
What utter drivel.......Toronto are nowt more than a bunch of average RL players with the same pedigree as Fax, Fev or HKR.......they are the RFL's version of Melbourne Storm having been given every assistance available.....they offer nothing to the gme other than a different home for has been players and £1.8 million of sky cash....and as for the announced gate last night.......there weren't 4k there last night!
To answer the OP......toronto will most likely go up.....and then you'll see exactly what the emperor is wearing!

What I would like to know is if they go into superleague were are the 20+ quality players going to come from to replace these existing average players.
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by Clearwing on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:33 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 77,222

Judder Man wrote:
What I would like to know is if they go into superleague were are the 20+ quality players going to come from to replace these existing average players.

Widnes.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Posted by Judder Man on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:40 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Clearwing wrote:
Widnes.

I did say quality players, at the moment Toronto have a lot of ex Leigh, Salford and Saints rejects around 10 players at the last count. Will they be really an expansionist team if there are no canadian players in it.

Another alternative is to change the name of Widnes to Toronto that would save a lot of logistic hassle.
Last edited by Judder Man on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Percival-Lomax--Grace-Thompson-Makinson-Swift-Walmsley, not Eastmond...the future is coming.
Posted by ThePrinter on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:49 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Judder Man wrote:

When football teams get promoted to the Premiership do they suddenly have a full squad of Premier League quality players straight away?
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Judder Man on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm
Judder Man User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

ThePrinter wrote:
When football teams get promoted to the Premiership do they suddenly have a full squad of Premier League quality players straight away?

That doesn't my question though were are these players coming from. If like in the premiership they don't get them they will go back down again.
PreviousNext