WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - GAME ON: Widnes Vikings vs London Broncos

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace GAME ON: Widnes Vikings vs London Broncos

Posted by wire-quin on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:34 pm
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 51
Rep Position: 55th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Nice to see your 23 travelling fans enjoy the win. PATHETIC EFFORT.

And that was free for ST holders!!!. Absolutely pathetic to travel 250 miles up the M6 mid week oh then come home and then to work!

Travel wont be an issue for you with Sale, Rochdale, just being round the corner. Enjoy the pointless next 7 weeks whilst your club continues to fold. At least we have the Bulls coming up next year to add to the top 5 sides.
Mac out!
Posted by Noel Cleal on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Noel Cleal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 100th / 77,338

F#$k me that was a good game.

The opening weekend of the qualifiers looked like it could we a bit of a damp squib. Toronto, Widnes, Leeds win and nothing is really proven. This result really shakes things up.

Surely this is proof that Super League can expand to 14 teams without losing too much quality
Last edited by Noel Cleal on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aussie Legend!!!
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 319
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,338

Quiz Score: 224

wire-quin wrote:
And that was free for ST holders!!!. Absolutely pathetic to travel 250 miles up the M6 mid week oh then come home and then to work!

Travel wont be an issue for you with Sale, Rochdale, just being round the corner. Enjoy the pointless next 7 weeks whilst your club continues to fold. At least we have the Bulls coming up next year to add to the top 5 sides.

I did type 'well done London' in my original post you arrogant git. See you and your 23 visiting fans next season luv. Hope Leeds stuff you next week in front of your massive home crowd ! :lol:
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by terrykelly on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:55 pm
terrykelly

wire-quin wrote:

nice, you proud of your comment ?
Posted by Lockers700 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 pm
Lockers700 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,338

A great game to watch & well done to London, it's gonna be tough for Widnes to bounce back from that but not impossible.

I felt for Finny with that interception but there's a reason Wakey have let him go. One year too many at this level
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Agreed, he had a very poor game. Unless Widnes win at Salford next week, they won't make the MPG.
Posted by HXSparky on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:22 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 140
Rep Position: 15th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 96

London fans are few in number, but those they have are passionate supporting their team. Whether it was 23 or more it doesn't matter to them, they made the trip and boy was it worth it.

Finn had a stonker this evening. He's a better player than that, but playing with a losing team isn't the best way to display your skills.
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:24 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

wire-quin wrote:

Football fans have no problem with doing this,
Posted by Roy Haggerty on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:31 pm
Roy Haggerty User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 35
Rep Position: 70th / 77,338

I thought London had blown it when they ignored the chance of a drop-goal on about 72 minutes which would have put them two scores ahead. Then Widnes levelled and it looked like SL experience would scrape home. The final London set up to the Sammut drop goal was superb though.

Very hard to see Widnes come back from this. You'd think the MPG is the best they can hope for now - possibly a rematch with London. Hopefully TWP will notch up a victory too. But I can't bring myself to hope for a Toulouse win. Much as I'd love them to get into SL, the possibility of losing Leeds is too serious. We can't afford to let our biggest club drop into the hole Bradford are still in. Hope the frogs still manage to scrape in to the top four though.

"...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these
boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. "
Posted by BrisbaneRhino on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 am
BrisbaneRhino User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 63
Rep Position: 45th / 77,338

The Bulls's slide was almost unavoidable for a while before it happened due to their financial implosion. If we (Leeds) go down it will be entirely due to poor management of the playing side - coaching and recruitement.

I don't think SL would get rigged for next season to keep us in, but I suspect the loss of Leeds for a year would cause a rethink, especially if we didn't look like bouncing straight back up. IMO we're not a big enough sport to lose one of the genuinely big sides - losing Bradford hurt SL, losing Leeds would be a huge blow for the game as a whole.
PreviousNext