WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rugby League’s dwindling profile

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Rugby League’s dwindling profile

Posted by silver2 on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm
silver2 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,185

Quiz Score: 0

Call Me God wrote:
1. You were arrogant thinking that anyone in the south should know who, what and which colours Warrington wear (USA spell checker has you down as Harrington)
2. Union still manage to polish their turd better than we do our diamond.....to slag them off is crass at best!

As they say, never argue with an idiot because they'll simply bring you down to their level. So, I'm off...
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:21 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,185

silver2 wrote:
As they say, never argue with an idiot because they'll simply bring you down to their level. So, I'm off...

Oh...how witty.
Reality is that not many people outside Warrington would know that Warrington existed if it weren't for the IRA.....you're Primrose and yellow shirt tale just goes to prove it more so than some imaginary southern ignorance....you'll probably find the IRA bomber was illiterate and thought he was in Wolverhampton :SUBMISSION:

Apology has been made and generally accepted by posters so case closed

Durham Giant
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by majorhound on Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:44 pm
majorhound Stevo's Armpit

Saddened! wrote:
It's inevitable that Rugby League will dwindle IMO. It'll be back to the pre-Super League days over the next ten years. The decline we're seeing now will continue and we'll see a reduced TV deal from now on.

The main problem the sport has is that it's bankrolled by Sky. Sky don't give a damn about anything other than football, hence the incredibly poor presentation they do of Super League. But Sky itself is probably in serious trouble, it's whole business model is being scrutinised and the vultures are circling. The likes of Amazon, Netflix, Facebook and Youtube are going to make a move into broadcasting sports very soon. Once they do, if they price it right, Sky haven't got a chance, they'll lose Premier League football and subscription numbers will plummet. With such a small fan base, Super League would be lucky to get a deal at all.

I'd agree about Sky and Football, but their coverage of other sports is also superior to their coverage of RL. I was on holiday the week of the Open. Now the last thing I'd call myself is a golf fan. But it was being shown on Sky in the bar, and the coverage was superb. It got even me watching it!
Posted by Gazwire on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:44 pm
Gazwire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,185

Call Me God wrote:
Oh...how witty.
Reality is that not many people outside Warrington would know that Warrington existed if it weren't for the IRA.....you're Primrose and yellow shirt tale just goes to prove it more so than some imaginary southern ignorance....you'll probably find the IRA bomber was illiterate and thought he was in Wolverhampton :SUBMISSION:

What a nice chap/deity.
Posted by Uncle Rico on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:11 am
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,185

Call Me God wrote:
Oh...how witty.

The reality is that this series of posts display ignorance and arrogance even for someone who refers to themselves as Call Me God and are bang out of order

From your incorrect referencing that the poster was from a "northern pit village", Warrington might not be well known nationally (we'll never know) but one thing is for sure it's coal mining tradition doesn't feature /exist, to trying and prove how clever/funny you can be by referring to a terrorist atrocity where two innocent children were killed, is the lowest thing I've seen on these boards.

I suggest that you seriously think again what you've posted and apologize, or think about taking a break
Posted by RLRealist on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:11 am
RLRealist User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Gazwire wrote:
What a nice chap/deity.

Barnaby wouldn't know Christ from a bar of soap and to use such a name on here is blasphemous. I'd like to see him use an Islamic name and see how far it gets him.... :roll:
Posted by Wanderer on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:10 am
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,185

Quiz Score: 512

Call Me God wrote:
Oh...how witty.

Wow! Just how low are you prepared to stoop so that you can believe you have the upper hand in a debate?

Your comments referencing a despicable act in which two young and innocent children died are both crass and disgusting.

I seriously hope that you are extremely embarrassed and are working up to an apology.
Posted by Call Me God on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:23 am
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,185

Uncle Rico wrote:
I suggest that you seriously think again what you've posted and apologize, or think about taking a break

Is that an Official warning? I ask because another poster using my real name blatantly breaks the AUP.... Whilst my post, no matter how distasteful does not.
I repeat..... The arrogance that everyone should know that wire play in blue and yellow identifies the underlying problem with the game...... Its not even big in its heartlands....and the majority of people from the South would Be unable to find Warrington on a map......
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by Gazwire on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:25 am
Gazwire Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,185

Call Me God wrote:
Is that an Official warning? I ask because another poster using my real name blatantly breaks the AUP.... Whilst my post, no matter how distasteful does not.
I repeat..... The arrogance that everyone should know that wire play in blue and yellow identifies the underlying problem with the game...... Its not even big in its heartlands....and the majority of people from the South would Be unable to find Warrington on a map......

I don’t think anyone from Warrington seriously minds whether people from the south can/can’t locate it on a map or are aware/oblivious to the colours of our playing strip.
As for your extremely distasteful attempt at mocking the Warrington bombing (a few posts earlier); I think that is a different matter altogether- probably the most distasteful post I’ve ever read on here.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:45 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,185

Call Me God wrote:

Regardless of what you may think, your post was in extremely bad taste and will be pretty offensive to most decent people and especially those from Warrington.

Whether folk living south of Watford gap can find Warrington is irrelevant.
PreviousNext