WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Huddersfield Giants named and shamed for minimum wage breach

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Huddersfield Giants named and shamed for minimum wage breach

Posted by Tricky2309 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:14 pm
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 56

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:03 pm
Posts: 4004
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
I thought that Wakefield were the best run side in the league?

Clearly not.


From where we were to where we are it’s a massive improvement. If you had Michael carter in place when the poop hit the fan who knows what could have happened, unfortunately you didn’t and hence why you are working your way out of league one
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:26 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6036
Tricky2309 wrote:
From where we were to where we are it’s a massive improvement. If you had Michael carter in place when the poop hit the fan who knows what could have happened, unfortunately you didn’t and hence why you are working your way out of league one



I knew I’d get a bite. You lot are too easy with short memories too. Pride comes before a fall so maybe you lot shouldn’t be going around lecturing everyone else. I wonder if carter will be on radio this weekend pontificating about this subject?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/8296682/Wakefield-Trinity-Wildcats-enter-administration-to-avoid-winding-up-petition.html

If you had been punished correctly by the league when the poop hit the fan who knows what could have happened, unfortunately you weren’t and hence why you are a mid table superleague side ripping off academy lads. Maybe that’s why your academy hasn’t produced any decent players.
derek john beaumont @derekabsundecks · Apr 9
The beauty of social media is what is written is cast in stone to contradict what the author decides to say later @drmarwanK
Posted by Tricky2309 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 am
Tricky2309 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

Quiz Score: 56

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:03 pm
Posts: 4004
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza wrote:
I knew I’d get a bite. You lot are too easy with short memories too. Pride comes before a fall so maybe you lot shouldn’t be going around lecturing everyone else. I wonder if carter will be on radio this weekend pontificating about this subject?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/8296682/Wakefield-Trinity-Wildcats-enter-administration-to-avoid-winding-up-petition.html

If you had been punished correctly by the league when the poop hit the fan who knows what could have happened, unfortunately you weren’t and hence why you are a mid table superleague side ripping off academy lads. Maybe that’s why your academy hasn’t produced any decent players.


Carter wasn’t even at the club at the time of that article. You had to go back 7 years for that article but you had 2 admins in quick succession a lot more recently.

Plus as been said before you had it all and totally screwed it up whereas we are now making a good job with what little we have.

As for academy players we have had some decent players in the club but they get picked off by the bigger clubs who pay more, a bit like what will happen to.the good crop of youngsters Bradford currently have.

Final point, as has been pointed out the tax system rules are hardly clear, and I would wager that given the large number of sporting clubs named and shamed, the same or similar issue has affected them as well. All players have been paid what they were owed, unlike those that were affected when you went pop twice in double quick time.
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:40 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:53 pm
Posts: 6036
Tricky2309 wrote:
Carter wasn’t even at the club at the time of that article. You had to go back 7 years for that article but you had 2 admins in quick succession a lot more recently.

Plus as been said before you had it all and totally screwed it up whereas we are now making a good job with what little we have.

As for academy players we have had some decent players in the club but they get picked off by the bigger clubs who pay more, a bit like what will happen to.the good crop of youngsters Bradford currently have.

Final point, as has been pointed out the tax system rules are hardly clear, and I would wager that given the large number of sporting clubs named and shamed, the same or similar issue has affected them as well. All players have been paid what they were owed, unlike those that were affected when you went pop twice in double quick time.



Chalmers wasn’t at Bradford when we had financial problems so what’s your point? It’s ok to drag up the past when talking about other clubs but not Wakefield? Bit hypocritical that.

Anyway in the here and now HMRC named and shamed Wakefield for not paying minimum wage this week not seven years ago. That’s some shameful sh17.

I jusy fishing for a rise out of Wakefield fans who love to assert that their team are the “best run in the league” and are easily wound up. It worked clearly. Wakefield haven’t Intentionally ripped any academy lads off. They’ve just been found to have failed to pay 27 employees the equivalent of minimum wage.

As for the academy we are still producing some of the best talent around. From looking at half the England pack to Jake trueman ripping Leeds apart the other day.
derek john beaumont @derekabsundecks · Apr 9
The beauty of social media is what is written is cast in stone to contradict what the author decides to say later @drmarwanK
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bren2k, easthullwesty, moxi1, RoverAndOut, Salford red all over, scarrie, Shazbaz, The Magic Rat, wiganermike, Wilde 3, wrencat1873 and 115 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,795,9051,40577,2164,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 10:40
NRL
MELBOURNE STORM
v
CRONULLA
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
WAKEFIELD
TOMORROW 10:40
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
COVENTRY BEARS
v
HUNSLET
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
OLDHAM
TOMORROW 15:00
 SL8s
LONDON BRONCOS
v
SALFORD
TOMORROW 15:15
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
ST. HELENS
TOMORROW 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
TOMORROW 17:00
 SL8s
TOULOUSE
v
HULL KR
TOMORROW 17:30
 SL8s
TORONTO
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2