WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who do you want to get promoted to Super League for 2019?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who do you want to get promoted to Super League for 2019?

Who do you want to get promoted to Super League in 2019?

1. Toronto
21%
2. Toulouse
17%
3. London.
20%
4. Featherstone
11%
5. Halifax
17%
6. Leigh
14%

Total votes : 94

Posted by Wexford Trinity on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:04 am
Wexford Trinity Stevo's Armpit

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
The moon seems to be where you get your ideas and inspiration from.

You are so pathetically an insular flat capper. Toronto and Toulouse have teams and fans. Toronto already have a better business setup and many more fans than woeful Wakefield.

Toronto and Toulouse will bring more corporate money, new fans, TV coverage, and credibility into the game than woeful Wakefield -- or for that matter witless Widnes or silly Salford..

Having a rich sugar daddy is not a “better business setup” it’s a short term measure. I’d suggest Wakefield have a far better business setup as we can’t afford to lose money.

As for more tv coverage and investment that keeps getting trotted out by the unicorns and fairies brigade. A peanuts deal to televise games on the country where the majority of your away games are played (which damages the prospect of increasing tv deals in that country) - ie. free sports and Toronto -isn’t breaking the North American market. It’s not even attempting to break the North American market.
Posted by Wexford Trinity on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:16 am
Wexford Trinity Stevo's Armpit

Superleague needs Featherstone and Halifax.

Some proper games like it used to be.
Posted by Someday on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:13 pm
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Wexford Trinity wrote:
Why stop at Toronto and Toulouse? Timbuktu, Abu Dhabi, the moon?

Don’t be daft it would take to long to get to the moon and back lol
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:47 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,307

I would have voted Leigh *obvs* & Toronto if the Vote function actually worked ....

My reasoning, Leigh finished 11th in SL 2017 & were not disgraced putting some of the biggest SL names to the sword & running others such as Leeds very close. Leigh have the facilities, ambition, supporter base & the finance & plan to be successful as an established SL Club.

Toronto have the start of a solid fan base *despite the obvious lies re the actual number of paying spectators* they have the finance & a plan, it is worth the gamble IMHO to admit TW & see where it goes, but please don't treat us as fools, be honest & say something like 'we are admitting Toronto for the future prospects of growth - deal with it' & ensure they play on as level terms as is humanly possible, without which there is no credibility to the sport, it would just ensure another 2 decades of distrust & ill feeling.

Give TW a shot.

Further to the above, put Fev, Fax, Bradford, London & Toulouse on notice to be SL ready by 2024/2025 as a defined target, at which point only those SL ready will be admitted to an expanded SL structure.

Put Salford, Widnes, Huddersfield & to a lesser degree Wakey on immediate notice to grow their support base & revenue streams or face relegation at the expiration of the current SL contract, KR on notice to strengthen the on field product as they have a SL core support base.

I am guessing some backlash will ensue !
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:16 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 23rd / 77,307

If the voting mechanism had worked for me I would have voted Toronto and Toulouse because:

(1) Toronto is radical expansion with a whole country and possibly even a whole continent opened up to our game, plus new streams of money from corporations and television in the offing;

(2) Toulouse gives us real expansion in France, being located in France's 4th biggest city, and having a local derby with Catalans likely to excite the whole of southwestern France, plus it makes a lucrative French television contract and expanded TV coverage more likely.

However London is needed and should be the next (third) Super League cab off the rank. Bradford should be not far behind London.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Posted by Willzay on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Personally I'd like to see more Yorkshire sides in SL. Halifax and Featherstone would bring a lot more atmosphere to SL.
The Troll Collective :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kevin Sinfield

Lebron James
Posted by SaleSlim on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:35 pm
SaleSlim Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,307

ScouseViking wrote:
Toronto and Toulouse would certainly rejuvenate and light up Super league, in place of Salford and KR would improve the league no end.

Tolouse vs Catalans is a mouth watering prospect to all rugby league fans.

And Widnes offer so much more? :lol: :lol:
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:51 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Willzay wrote:
Personally I'd like to see more Yorkshire sides in SL. Halifax and Featherstone would bring a lot more atmosphere to SL.

Isnt this what the pro expansionists don't want though ?
Super League is currently made up of 6 Yorkshire Clubs or 50% of the entire league.
4 from West Yorkshire
2 from Humberside :wink:
2 from GREATEST MANCHESTER :wink:
2 from Cheshire
1 from Merseyside
1 from France

The admission of Fax & Fev would need to be balanced with the admission of London & Toulouse + Bradford & Leigh giving ....

7 from West Yorkshire
2 from Humberside :wink:
3 from GREATEST MANCHESTER :wink:
2 from Cheshire
1 from Merseyside
2 from France
1 from some little poxy village down south !
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:57 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 224

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
If the voting mechanism had worked for me I would have voted Toronto and Toulouse because:

(1) Toronto is radical expansion with a whole country and possibly even a whole continent opened up to our game, plus new streams of money from corporations and television in the offing;

(2) Toulouse gives us real expansion in France, being located in France's 4th biggest city, and having a local derby with Catalans likely to excite the whole of southwestern France, plus it makes a lucrative French television contract and expanded TV coverage more likely.

However London is needed and should be the next (third) Super League cab off the rank. Bradford should be not far behind London.

oh dreary me.....do you not get bored typing your constant anti M62 **** ?
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:59 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 9th / 77,307

Wont let me vote
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
You do talk some complete drivel.

Canoeman wrote:
and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.
PreviousNext