WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Super League 2018 predictions

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Super League 2018 predictions

Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Posted by Cokey on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 8th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 128

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Leigh
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
For the people picking Hull to finish top. I would have put us there myself if not for what we are going to have to contest with in the first few weeks.

After Huddersfield at home we obviously fly out to Aus, play Wigan, always a tough game. Then whilst some other sides are getting a break we are playing St George. Then flying back to play Cas away, Wire home and Leeds away in the space of 13 days.

To win the LLS you really need to hit the ground running, but there is every chance we could have a losing record and a few bruised bodies after 5 rounds. I dont think the LLS is a real goal. It will all be about keeping key players fresh, safely making the 4 and trying to be at our best when the playoffs arrive.


Now that kind of post makes sense Zucchy. :thumb:
Image Image Image
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm
rollin thunder Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 13th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:25 pm
Posts: 1813
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
For the people picking Hull to finish top. I would have put us there myself if not for what we are going to have to contest with in the first few weeks.

After Huddersfield at home we obviously fly out to Aus, play Wigan, always a tough game. Then whilst some other sides are getting a break we are playing St George. Then flying back to play Cas away, Wire home and Leeds away in the space of 13 days.

To win the LLS you really need to hit the ground running, but there is every chance we could have a losing record and a few bruised bodies after 5 rounds. I dont think the LLS is a real goal. It will all be about keeping key players fresh, safely making the 4 and trying to be at our best when the playoffs arrive.

can see top 3-4 being only 2-4 points maybe even down to points difference.
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 13th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 156

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:10 pm
Posts: 10684
rollin thunder wrote:
can see top 3-4 being only 2-4 points maybe even down to points difference.


Very possible. The bookies certainly can't seperate the top few this year, although interestingly they have Wigan as their favourites, who alot of people are writing off.
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:54 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 8th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 8840
maurice wrote:
SL bottom 4 - HKR Widnes Wakefield Salford
CC Winners - Wigan
LLS - Warrington
GF- St Helens

SL to go to 14 with Leigh Toronto and Toulouse winning promotion and either Salford/Widnes/HKR relegated


Do you think that Leigh, Toronto and Toulouse will "win" promotion or be granted top flight status in some new shake up, designed to fulfil the RFL's dream scenario.

It's mickey poor that we are about to start the season and the top clubs in the Championship and those who may be most at risk from the current SL clubs dont know whats happening, never mind the paying public.

Wood's may have gone but the mickey up in the brewery still cant be organised properly.

Maybe, just maybe," some people" want to see how certain clubs shape up before deciding what they want and yet again, when the new structure is revealed, there will be cries of favouritism.

If we were going into the new season knowing that it would definitely be a 14 club SL next season and how this was going to be achieved, either on field or, with off field criteria, perhaps clubs could plan accordingly. :CRAZY:
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:47 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 4th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 1775
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
Very possible. The bookies certainly can't seperate the top few this year, although interestingly they have Wigan as their favourites, who alot of people are writing off.


They don't seem to be anymore although all still very tight, one bookies I've just looked at has Cas and Saints at 4/1, then Leeds and Wigan 5/1 and Hull and Wire at 6/1.

Can't recall it being that tight between so many clubs before. Really tough to call which two of that group will miss out on the four.
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
Posted by Cokey on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 8th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 128

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 3396
Location: Leigh
PrinterThe wrote:
They don't seem to be anymore although all still very tight, one bookies I've just looked at has Cas and Saints at 4/1, then Leeds and Wigan 5/1 and Hull and Wire at 6/1.

Can't recall it being that tight between so many clubs before. Really tough to call which two of that group will miss out on the four.


Out of those 6 teams, I think Wakey will disturb that group. I have Wakey to finish 6th, so dependent on injuries and their current form at that time,they could do well come the end of the season.
Image Image Image
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 4th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 1775
Cokey wrote:
Out of those 6 teams, I think Wakey will disturb that group. I have Wakey to finish 6th, so dependent on injuries and their current form at that time,they could do well come the end of the season.


Could get top 6 if one of those contenders has a bad year as we've seen with Leeds '16 and Wire '17. Could well be Wigan because as someone said earlier they do seem a bit aimless at the moment compared to the others. Seem to need O'Loughlin out there or struggle and his fitness/amount of games played is questionable.
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:24 pm
Posted by Willzays aunt renee on Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:24 pm
Willzays aunt renee Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 18th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 592

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:25 am
Posts: 30
Hull FC
Leeds
Castleford
Warrington
St Helens
Wakefield
Wigan
Huddersfield
Catalans
Hull KR
Widnes
Salford
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm
Posted by Egg Banjo on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:21 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 15th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 12

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 663
Cokey wrote:
Out of those 6 teams, I think Wakey will disturb that group. I have Wakey to finish 6th, so dependent on injuries and their current form at that time,they could do well come the end of the season.


Head to head, Wakefield are already above Wigan. They've each won 3 from 6 but Wakefield have outscored them on average over the last two years and nilled them twice in the same period. The others are a bit different, they've sat behind the other teams for a while now, I think they'll push on and finish 5th again or 6th, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made the top 4. On the other hand, it's still Wakey, there's always the chance of the bottom 4 :lol:
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:33 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 4th / 76,462

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 1775
Egg Banjo wrote:
Head to head, Wakefield are already above Wigan. They've each won 3 from 6 but Wakefield have outscored them on average over the last two years and nilled them twice in the same period


And in that period Wigan have won a GF, a WCC and reached a CC Final :)
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beefy1, BRIXTON, Google [Bot], Mike1970, The Ghost of '99, TheUnassumingBadger, vastman, Wildthing, wrencat1873 and 112 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace





POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,678,1811,36976,4624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 1st Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Thu 1st Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 2nd Feb 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 2nd Feb 19:45
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
SHEFFIELD
Fri 2nd Feb 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 2nd Feb 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Sat 3rd Feb 14:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TOULOUSE
v
SWINTON LIONS
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
FEATHERSTONE
v
HALIFAX
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LONDON BRONCOS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 4th Feb 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
v
TORONTO
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM