Posted by LifeLongHKRFan on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:09 pm
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,258

Quiz Score: 328

Cokey wrote:
Until we know what the new structure is going to be(which there will be),predictions can't really be made on P&R. In fact you are now looking rather silly by jumping the gun, surmising to something i didn't predict. If you would like to read them again, have a see if i mention Toronto or Leigh? There you go.......Now don't you feel silly?

We can only predict on what we know and what we know is that we are in a 12 team SL with the super 8s at the end of the season. It looks perfectly clear to me that people are making predictions based on this format. You may not have named Toronto, but everyone knows what you are getting at. You are very predictable and rather touchy. Calm yourself down. :CHILL:
Re: Super League 2018 predictions
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 8

Cokey wrote:
Until we know what the new structure is going to be(which there will be),predictions can't really be made on P&R. In fact you are now looking rather silly by jumping the gun, surmising to something i didn't predict. If you would like to read them again, have a see if i mention Toronto or Leigh? There you go.......Now don't you feel silly?

Predictions are supposed to be a guess at what might happen in the future. Its perfectly reasonable for someone to suggest that they think Toronto, Leigh or anyone will be promoted whether they know the format or not.
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm
Posted by maurice on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 0

SL bottom 4 - HKR Widnes Wakefield Salford
CC Winners - Wigan
LLS - Warrington
GF- St Helens

SL to go to 14 with Leigh Toronto and Toulouse winning promotion and either Salford/Widnes/HKR relegated
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm
Posted by Grimmy on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm
Grimmy User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 248

Cokey wrote:
Have you got the same mask on as well? :o

Nothing against Leigh. Both teams have strong squads for that level, I just think Toronto have a lot of momentum behind them from last season, whereas Leigh are recovering from relegation. The games between them will be tasty! I can see the wheels falling off at Salford now that Koukash has departed.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
Posted by maurice on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Toronto will get a new one ripped on the 4th, don't miss it
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm
Posted by Cokey on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,258

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
LifeLongHKRFan wrote:
We can only predict on what we know and what we know is that we are in a 12 team SL with the super 8s at the end of the season. It looks perfectly clear to me that people are making predictions based on this format. You may not have named Toronto, but everyone knows what you are getting at. You are very predictable and rather touchy. Calm yourself down. :CHILL:

There will be a new structure for 2019 so you are making predictions on the unknown atm. I couldn't care less who thinks Toronto will be promoted,that's not the point. You are making claims about me because of your assumptions and predictions without any substance. When you have facts,then fair enough. BTW -
I am calm, and also chilled and not at all touchy,I initially responded to a poster who wasn't seeing the changes the new structure might bring. Obviously, I'd like to see Leigh back in SL, but until we know what the new structure is going to be, I can't say or predict anything, but you thought i got shirty because someone else predicted Toronto. That's silly.
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm
Posted by Clearwing on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 pm
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 77,258

1. Hull - Radford'll finally get them consistent.
2. Saints - GF win
3. Wire - Good improvement readying for a big push next year. EDIT: guess I'm saying 2019 could be their year!
4. Leeds - CC win also looking good for 2019
5. Cas - loss of fear factor but still a decent side
6. Wigan - Seem a bit aimless, badly need Williams to rekindle his form and their pack to perform.
7. Wakey - Decent season again, might finish as high as 5th. Fast teams running an oversized pack ragged will give them a poor points diff though.
8. Hudds - Brough grabbing fewer and fewer games by the throat as he ages.
9. Catalans - Survive easily but too many imports coasting as usual.
10. Salford - Battlers in adversity
11. Widnes - Not enough depth, odd good win though.
12. HKR - McGuire to save his best til last and carry them through the MPG.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)

“Leeds just wander around looking like they’re doing nothing” (Jon Wilkin)

"Jon Wilkin's tight pants and coffee shop have not helped him to see the bigger picture or allowed him to get a firm grip on reality." (leeds owl)
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Posted by Brenio on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Brenio User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Hull FC
St. Helens
Castleford
Leeds
Wigan
Warrington
Wakefield
Widnes
Huddersfield
Salford
Catalans
HullKR

Wigan CC
St. Helens GF
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:20 pm
Posted by rollin thunder on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:20 pm
rollin thunder Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,258

can see hull finishing top with saints close second, Leeds close 3rd wire, cas 4-5th. Wigan will not win anything and will not make top 4
Leeds will win either CC OF Gf but not LL
Hull to win at east one trophy. saints to get to grand final but not win it.

Hull
saints
leeds
wire
cas
wakey
wigan
catalans
hull kr
hudderfield
salford
widnes.
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 pm
Posted by Mr. Zucchini Head on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 pm
Mr. Zucchini Head Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Quiz Score: 8

For the people picking Hull to finish top. I would have put us there myself if not for what we are going to have to contest with in the first few weeks.

After Huddersfield at home we obviously fly out to Aus, play Wigan, always a tough game. Then whilst some other sides are getting a break we are playing St George. Then flying back to play Cas away, Wire home and Leeds away in the space of 13 days.

To win the LLS you really need to hit the ground running, but there is every chance we could have a losing record and a few bruised bodies after 5 rounds. I dont think the LLS is a real goal. It will all be about keeping key players fresh, safely making the 4 and trying to be at our best when the playoffs arrive.
PreviousNext