WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Pick the 2018 Exiles team

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Pick the 2018 Exiles team

Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 am
Posted by Shifty Cat on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 am
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 4th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 4557
:lol: I can't believe people took Vastman's team so seriously, especially after his first sentence. The dude literally put every overseas player we had in it, obviously, some kind of emoticon was needed. After the talk of Wakefield players been taken out of one persons line up and replaced by other players from other teams. It was obvious what his line up was all about. But anyway at least someone got 4 likes for taking it in.
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 am
Posted by Shifty Cat on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 am
Shifty Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 39
Rep Position: 4th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 4557
Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I'll attempt something a little more sensible and a little less one eyed. Max 3 per team.

Barba
Mead
Moon
Sau
Talanoa
Kelly
Roberts
Fifita
Parcell
Millington
BBM
Manu
Cuthbertson

Moors
Ikahihifo
Bird
Randell

Randell has a bit to prove yet but I wanted a hooker on the bench and couldnt think of a better candidate.

Decent side though I reckon. People talk about declining quality of imports, and fair enough, theres no Jamie Lyon, Big Les or the likes in there, but there are still some quality players.

Yeah, that's a good quality side with no real weaknesses. Without wanting to have an 'overinflated view on how good' our players are, I'd personally stick Tupou in at Centre but no biggie.
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 am
Posted by wrencat1873 on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:29 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:28 pm
Posts: 9743
Shifty Cat wrote:
Yeah, that's a good quality side with no real weaknesses. Without wanting to have an 'overinflated view on how good' our players are, I'd personally stick Tupou in at Centre but no biggie.


Could be a decent game, depending on who was allowed to play in the England team.
If England were at full strength (similar to the WC final squad) they would win comfortably.
I dont think the "Exiles" pack would cope but, if it was English based players, it would be a very close game indeed.
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:32 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:32 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 2216
Shifty Cat wrote:
:lol: I can't believe people took Vastman's team so seriously, especially after his first sentence. The dude literally put every overseas player we had in it, obviously, some kind of emoticon was needed. After the talk of Wakefield players been taken out of one persons line up and replaced by other players from other teams. It was obvious what his line up was all about. But anyway at least someone got 4 likes for taking it in.


No one took his team seriously. But you're right it was obvious what his line up was about, the chip on the shoulder again. He may well not pick 7 Wildcats players if done seriously but he certainly thinks others should be picking more in their team as his reaction here and similar on the other Exiles thread came after someone posted a team containing just the one Wildcats player on the bench.
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 am
Posted by vastman on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:47 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 27598
Location: Poodle Power!
PrinterThe wrote:
No one took his team seriously. But you're right it was obvious what his line up was about, the chip on the shoulder again. He may well not pick 7 Wildcats players if done seriously but he certainly thinks others should be picking more in their team as his reaction here and similar on the other Exiles thread came after someone posted a team containing just the one Wildcats player on the bench.


sanctimonious
adjective derogatory
adjective: sanctimonious

making a show of being morally superior to other people.
"what happened to all the sanctimonious talk about putting his family first?"
synonyms: self-righteous, holier-than-thou, churchy, pious, pietistic, moralizing, unctuous, smug, superior, priggish, mealy-mouthed, hypocritical, insincere, for form's sake, to keep up appearances;

That's you :SHHH:
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:49 am
Posted by vastman on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:49 am
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 27598
Location: Poodle Power!
Shifty Cat wrote:
:lol: I can't believe people took Vastman's team so seriously, especially after his first sentence. The dude literally put every overseas player we had in it, obviously, some kind of emoticon was needed. After the talk of Wakefield players been taken out of one persons line up and replaced by other players from other teams. It was obvious what his line up was all about. But anyway at least someone got 4 likes for taking it in.


This was one occasion where I didn't think an emoticon was need, not even on the VT home of the pedant.

I was wrong, you live and learn.
:D
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm
Psychedelic Casual Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:46 pm
Posts: 970
Location: Manchester
~Hang on, i thought this was just for fun... is this game actually happening? I've seen/heard nowt about it at all.

Just been on the RFL forum and under the fixtures page there are no fixtures, absolutely nothing. No England rugby league fixtures at all according to our governing body.

I think you can buy Union tickets for England games two years in advance!
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 2216
vastman wrote:
sanctimonious
adjective derogatory
adjective: sanctimonious

making a show of being morally superior to other people.
"what happened to all the sanctimonious talk about putting his family first?"
synonyms: self-righteous, holier-than-thou, churchy, pious, pietistic, moralizing, unctuous, smug, superior, priggish, mealy-mouthed, hypocritical, insincere, for form's sake, to keep up appearances;

That's you :SHHH:


BITTER
- feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.
"I don't feel jealous or bitter"
synonyms: resentful, embittered, aggrieved, dissatisfied, disgruntled, discontented, grudge-bearing, grudging, begrudging, indignant, rancorous, splenetic, spiteful, jaundiced, ill-disposed, sullen, sour, churlish, morose, petulant, peevish, with a chip on one's shoulder

That's you Wildcat :)
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm
Posted by vastman on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm
vastman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 81
Rep Position: 1st / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm
Posts: 27598
Location: Poodle Power!
PrinterThe wrote:
BITTER
- feeling or showing anger, hurt, or resentment because of bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment.
"I don't feel jealous or bitter"
synonyms: resentful, embittered, aggrieved, dissatisfied, disgruntled, discontented, grudge-bearing, grudging, begrudging, indignant, rancorous, splenetic, spiteful, jaundiced, ill-disposed, sullen, sour, churlish, morose, petulant, peevish, with a chip on one's shoulder

That's you Wildcat :)


I have no idea what a Wildcat is, I do however know exactly what a loiner is.
SUPPORT SWAG...
Re: Pick the 2018 Exiles team
Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:33 pm
Posted by PrinterThe on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:33 pm
PrinterThe Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 76,969

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 pm
Posts: 2216
vastman wrote:
I have no idea what a Wildcat is, I do however know exactly what a loiner is.


I know what a Lioner is, it's a fan of the current and 8 times SL champions Leeds Rhinos and no Leeds fan minds being called that a Lionel.

A Wildcat like yourself is a fan of the small time SL club Wakefield Wildcats still bitter about a cup final 50 years ago :lol:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Call Me God, crashmon, infamous grouse and 73 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,764,69174376,9694,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 26th Jul 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
CRONULLA
Thu 26th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 27th Jul 09:00
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
NEWCASTLE
Fri 27th Jul 10:50
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
WESTS TIGERS
Fri 27th Jul 19:30
SUPER LEAGUE
SALFORD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 27th Jul 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Fri 27th Jul 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 28th Jul 06:00
NRL
MANLY
v
PENRITH
Sat 28th Jul 08:30
NRL
SOUTHS
v
PARRAMATTA EELS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






2